Didn't he sell his designs to that Chinese company? I don't think that'd bode well for his job prospects at TLG.

Sheepo didn't sell anything to the Chinese. Two of his designs were stolen, and I don’t think he was very happy about it. And well, pretty much all of LEGO’s designs are stolen anyway so might as well fire everyone :tongue:

On September 29, 2018 at 6:26 AM, siddparkar said:

Hope images for 42096 leak soon. My decision to buy 42056 hinges on it!

Based on what I read above, I expect a GTR of size and functions as the 42039 LeMans, this is roughly 1:10 scale. Porsche and Chiron are 1:8, wich is a tad big and heavy for my taste. 

When googling for Porsche GTR I get a livery in White, Red and Grey so I hope 42096 will deliver the long overdue white 3x13 Curved Panel . They would be wellcomed in red as well

I also hope for white wheel arches. But in the real car there are red and grey stripes on the arches, so I don't know how that would be implemented. The worst case would be printed arches, which limits the reusability. But I'm not sure if stickers can be applied on the Lego arch. As we can see in th 42056, the front arches have printed veins, probably because applying stickers on arches are not possible..

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I also hope for white wheel arches... But I'm not sure if stickers can be applied on the Lego arch.

4 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Plenty of sets have decals on the 3x13 curved panel, most recently 42077.

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

@Ngoc Nguyen stickers can be applied to any piece that only has uniaxial curvature

I was referring to the 5 x 15 x 2 wheel arches, first appearing in the Porsche, not the curved 3 x 13. Of course stickers can be applied on the curved 3 x 13 panels.

@Ngoc Nguyen Yeah i know what you’re talking about. I’m saying that as long as the entire panel/arch has only one axis of curvature, a sticker can be put on it.

9 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I was referring to the 5 x 15 x 2 wheel arches, first appearing in the Porsche, not the curved 3 x 13. Of course stickers can be applied on the curved 3 x 13 panels.

I see, apparently I misinterpreted what I read, my apologies. 

12 hours ago, Bartybum said:

@Ngoc Nguyen Yeah i know what you’re talking about. I’m saying that as long as the entire panel/arch has only one axis of curvature, a sticker can be put on it.

Yeah I wasn't trying to correct you. So is the curvature on the wheel arch uniaxial?

45 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Yeah I wasn't trying to correct you. So is the curvature on the wheel arch uniaxial?

I don’t have one so I don’t know 100%, but I’m fairly certain it is since the 42056 had stickers on the arch too.

3 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I don’t have one so I don’t know 100%, but I’m fairly certain it is since the 42056 had stickers on the arch too.

42056 has no stickers on the arches. As far as I know LEGO never puts stickers on parts with round shapes, because they are near impossible to apply unless you have cuts in them. 

1 minute ago, LvdH said:

42056 has no stickers on the arches. As far as I know LEGO never puts stickers on parts with round shapes, because they are near impossible to apply unless you have cuts in them. 

Oh were those printed? Didn't know that. Also, looking at a picture of the wheel arch, it seems to have some complex curvature going on so yeah @Ngoc Nguyen turns out they can't have stickers (spanning the whole piece anyway).

From actually looking at it physically it does appear to flare out slightly at the top of the arch, so it is not just a single curve. I do think you could put stickers on parts of it though, just not the whole thing, as was already stated. 

Edited by Johnny1360

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42096's a must get for me then. Now here's the fun part, what can the B model for the Porsche 911 RSR GTE be?

Really ? For a licensed product ?

C'mon.

Just now, Anio said:

C'mon.

I'm a simple man. I see licensed Technic sets, I buy them. And the real Porsche 911 RSR looks really good, so why not.

4 minutes ago, Anio said:

C'mon.

The 42030, 42053, 42063, 42078 and 42081 all have B-models. The 8110 and the 42054 also have them, kinda.

Cars don't : 8653, 8674, 8386, 8145, 42056, 42083.