9 minutes ago, Yevhen said:

Looks like nothing interesting unless TLG prepared something special inside the new sets...

These sets from 2019 were probably in creation after the development of the Chiron's gearbox elements (20T clutch, new-gen driving ring extension, wave selector gear, wheel hub with integrated brake disc), so there's a chance we'll see them there.

5 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Oh joy, a decontented 42056 as the 1H flagship. I hope this rumor isn't true, because if it is, 2019 is not shaping up to be a good year.

Wouldn't the flagship be released in August and be much more expensive than $150?

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

These sets from 2019 were probably in creation after the development of the Chiron's gearbox elements (20T clutch, new-gen driving ring extension, wave selector gear, wheel hub with integrated brake disc), so there's a chance we'll see them there.

This was my hope until we saw the possibility of a licensed set for 42096, if you take your basic 42077 feature set, add a gearbox and a porsche body, you suddenly have 42056, but at half the price... I dont see that happening, porsche will be involved so it needs to look properly like a 911, so no serious compromising on looks either.

$50/€40 on the corvette pretty much rules out any suspension, just the V8, diff, steering and stylish body work will fill that up.

When I google ( now I'm infected with new generation terms *huh*) for 911 RSR, I got this

2dc9ec13514980b409ac48099805fe65.jpg

If TLC makes this legend I'll be extremely happy :sweet: :wub:

(This is my favorite 911)

Edited by I_Igor

A 579-piece Chevrolet Corvette ZR leaves me confused. It would make sense for a System model, but this is Technic. At that scale I don't think there will be much realistic details. The general look may even be compromised with Technic parts.

I think this one will be similar to 42048 Race Kart: a demonstration of the gearbox concept and incidentally a cheap part-source set. Recall that the new 3L gear shifting element and connector were introduced for the first time in 2015. Then in 2016 42048 was the smallest set to include those new pieces. I think 42093 will probably play the same role of the cheap part-source, but with the wave selector. It'll probably have thd wave selector, a 2-speed gearbox (or even 4), and a cylinder to demonstrate the effects of the speeds.

I'm excited to see something of the Tracked Loader. At this point I'm suspecting that the attachment might not even be a bucket; it could be anything from a grabber to a tree saw, at least as far as compact models go.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I'm excited to see something of the Tracked Loader. At this point I'm suspecting that the attachment might not even be a bucket; it could be anything from a grabber to a tree saw, at least as far as compact models go.

I afraid that it could be something between a loader and dozer (a dozer that can raise the blade/bucket higher then normally) as we just got a forest harvester and more or less usual wheeled dozer. Whereas the tracked dozer has been released years ago.

9 hours ago, Void_S said:

I afraid that it could be something between a loader and dozer (a dozer that can raise the blade/bucket higher then normally) as we just got a forest harvester and more or less usual wheeled dozer. Whereas the tracked dozer has been released years ago.

Don't forget that we had two loaders back in 2014. I wouldn't say subject matter puts much of a gap between sets in some cases. It could also be something to complement the 42080, like 42075 to 42068.

16 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Wouldn't the flagship be released in August and be much more expensive than $150?

Did you see the 1H part? I'm referring to the largest set of the first wave, often abbreviated as 1H, or the 1H flagship. The actual 2019 flagship will come later, but I'm not encouraged. Sets have more parts, but functions are becoming fewer in number, and more simplistic, a downward trend we've been seeing since 2016. I thought Lego would do something, but no, apparently more sets with exactly the same functions are what people want. I hope Technic does not become more like City or Racers, but that seems to be what management is aiming at.

37 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

Sets have more parts, but functions are becoming fewer in number, and more simplistic, a downward trend we've been seeing since 2016.

Getting the currently common comparison of 42009 vs. 42082, I'd say that the functions are fewer and more simplistic in order to work better. And, personally, I prefer it that way.

I wonder how many parts @Thirdwigg‘s 911 works out as. It’s one of my many WIP LDD files. It’s a good midi scale and could show what the RSR could be. An old RSR is a thing of beauty.

Im fully expecting it to be that car @akbalder, All licensed sets in technic so far have been current vehicles/devices.

Which makes me wonder, that generation of RSR has the engine in front of the rear axle, with the gearbox behind (essentially flipping the drivetrain 180 degrees around the read driveshafts, to make room for a far more agressive rear difuser),  making it technically the first mid-engined 911. I wonder if that rather significant change will be reflected in the actual model, since fitting the gearbox in the rear of a technic 911 will be quite a challenge.

Should make for an interesting problem to fix for MODers though

17 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

I wonder if that rather significant change will be reflected in the actual model, since fitting the gearbox in the rear of a technic 911 will be quite a challenge.

It could be not a big challenge if they use new gearbox elements (I really hope), but at least I want to not having V2 or V4 (something that appeared in a similar scale models)

21 hours ago, Jack Bloomer said:

TLG has become real good at controlling leaks. For example up until about a week before release we saw nothing of the 42083

Then again, we had pictures of all the other 2H sets before the 1H sets were even on the shelves.

I should know  :wink:

@Seasider I guess I should have made instructions for my little 911 when I took it apart a couple of years ago. I guess it has about 1000-1200 parts based on some of my other MOCs that are about the same size.

It's not out of the question for me to have 42096 have a gearbox. 42093 would be a stretch. 

Aint no controlling leaks when TLG intentionally send catalogs with prelim images to distributors. I think TLG is fully aware that doing that is equivalent to letting the cat out of the bag. One does not simply catch it afterwards.

3 hours ago, Void_S said:

It could be not a big challenge if they use new gearbox elements (I really hope), but at least I want to not having V2 or V4 (something that appeared in a similar scale models)

Similar sized cars (42000, 42039 and 42077 all are 300-500 parts smaller) have all had big (as in, many cilinders) engines, so im expecting nothing short of a flat 6 if this is a porsche.

3 hours ago, Seasider said:

I don’t think at this scale / price point it’ll have a gearbox. 

Agreed, if it is licensed i dont see it having a gearbox, although the partcount would be there i suspect, i think the majority of that part count increase over say 42077 will go into aesthetics. a 4 speed 911 at 1500 parts / €150 would make 42056 look very bad, even if it is taken off the shelves before the new model hits, it would make people look at the bugatti and wonder if they will be able to pick up a similar but half price version in two years.

1 hour ago, Thirdwigg said:

@Seasider I guess I should have made instructions for my little 911 when I took it apart a couple of years ago. I guess it has about 1000-1200 parts based on some of my other MOCs that are about the same size.

It's not out of the question for me to have 42096 have a gearbox. 42093 would be a stretch. 

It’s still on my (very long) to do list to try and complete an LDD of your car

42093 - 雪佛兰 Corvette ZR1 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR11 (previously was introduced as Super Car) $49.99;  - 579 parts

42096 - Porsche 911 RSR (previously was introduced as  "GT Race Car"),  $149.99 - 1580 parts.

No one told us, that this set will be large as 42039, 42000, 8070 and 42077.

We've been surpised this year already with Mack, that use 49 mm wheels instead usual 62 mm (I was the one who was sure that Mack is new truck as previous trucks with 62 mm) So 1580 parts is not that bad. If this porsche will be at 62 mm wheel or 56 mm.  May be wew will see a lot of non-technic elements on both Corvette and 911 for better scale look, again look at the Mack.