Really happy I came across this post. I was confused between getting 42055 and 42056 for my birthday. I will now get the BWE and wait for the 42096! I joined the technic bandwagon pretty late so missed out of two really cool sets 42038 and 42039. Luckily I managed to get the arctic truck at a low price, but the LeMans is just way too expensive at 220+ now. Also I hate how the 42077 looks. I'll skip the Porsche 42056, get the BWE. Then get the new GT Race car. And down the line get the buggatti... sometime.

Edited by siddparkar
typo

9 hours ago, Yevhen said:

The topic hurts me because every time when I get a push notification about a new reply, here is still no pictures of new sets! ?

Images could answer lots of questions here... I'm also looking forward to see images

10 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

So, will these sets introduce PF2.0 to the Technic range?

It's likely that they'll use Powered Up, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that yet.  Trains has switched in 2018, it would be weird if Technic doesn't switch in 2019.

4 hours ago, siddparkar said:

And down the line get the buggatti... sometime.

Be careful: as soon as it gets discontinued, it'll surely shoot up in price.

9 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

42088 is aerial platform (google translated), 155 pieces.

do you have more info about sets, or just names and piece count?

Just now, I_Igor said:

do you have more info about sets, or just names and piece count?

Just that + prices, which are in the first post.

Just now, dimaks13 said:

Just that + prices, which are in the first post.

'key...now we have to wait for pictures...

28 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Aerial platform? Like scissor lift platform? 8109 B model?

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I was thinking something more along the lines of a cherry picker.

Like this: https://brickset.com/sets/42031-1/Cherry-Picker ?

That set wasn't released that long ago, I don't see them releasing yet another small cherry picker even if the previous one is retired. Besides, they have never released a proper scissor lift platform (Apart from 8109 B, but that one is supposed to be an airport truck, so slightly different).

14 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Be careful: as soon as it gets discontinued, it'll surely shoot up in price.

I'd assume it would be here at least till 2020? Considering Porsche too has been out for 2 years now

15 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Something like this would be the bare minimum and suitable for 155 pieces:

aerial-platform-lift.jpg

Likely we'll get something like the old Bucket Truck:

HOG steering, and lift arm only, though, don't expect fake engine or too many details (like tiny 42084).

8071?$PDPDefault$

Doubtful, but I would have loved to see something like this, with a two-cab "mobile crane" configuration...

other-novas-truck-mounted-aeri,a071626f.

That's just my two cents, though.

Edited by Magical Duck

@Magical Duck aerial platform could look like on your image, but I'll wait for first images to "pop up" and then we will be smarter...and some cherry picker on size of second image posted could welcome London bus tires, but it is just speculation and it is time for me to land on mother earth again :laugh:

TLG hates going to the expense of designing and building a mould to use just once (the Volvo bucket being an example of this), so I believe it's a sure bet to see London Bus tyres on future sets, even if not Technic.

45 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

TLG hates going to the expense of designing and building a mould to use just once (the Volvo bucket being an example of this), so I believe it's a sure bet to see London Bus tyres on future sets, even if not Technic.

That is music in my ears (I do not like balloon tires at all because on one case like on this image, they are useless IMHO)

img.axd

42096, 150$, 150 EUR. TLG unusual currency conversion system strikes again!

On another note, 42096's MSRP in EUR is the same with 42078's. Yet 42096 has 1000 parts less. PF/PU remains uncertain. This thing'd better be having sth special to justify the price. If it turns out to be yet another 42039/42077 then it's totally not OK.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

42077 was borderline, i cant see them adding 500 parts to that without adding functions, im expecting a decent gearbox at least

30 and 40 euros for 92 and 93 sounds good though, here in NL itll be 35 and 45, but thats no big deal

The GT car could go two ways; it could either be a PF sets with some useless functions like the usual engine cover going up or it could be a non PF set incorporating more system parts than previous 42039 or 42077 to provide better styling at the same scale.

As to the actual model, it won´t be licenced but we could be looking at something simlar to a Bentley GT3 or even an IMSA DPI prototype.

It´s a bit weird to have yet another car when we just got the rally car and the Bugatti, though. I guess there is just not much demand for planes, helicopters or boats at that price points.

When 1H 2019 is released this December, there are going to be 4 cars on shelf: 42077, 42083, 42095, 42096. I can sense some product cannibalism.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

When 1H 2019 is released this December, there are going to be 4 cars on shelf: 42077, 42083, 42095, 42096. I can sense some product cannibalism.

Why are you talking about December? Aren't they supposed to be released in 2019?