22 minutes ago, zoo said:

Well, you could have written Mercedes and Volvo then. ;)

Probably :wink:

5 pages and not a single source mentioned...
Think I'll hold off until I get my hands on the 2019 catalogue, got it just before Christmas last year.
Will be interesting to get a glimpse of the 2H sets, won't be sharing any pictures this year though as last time around they were splattered all over youtube within days.

One does not simply know the source for the pre-catalogue leak.

Most of the time they turn out to be right anyway, so why bother.

2 hours ago, degenerate said:

Think I'll hold off until I get my hands on the 2019 catalogue, got it just before Christmas last year.
Will be interesting to get a glimpse of the 2H sets, won't be sharing any pictures this year though as last time around they were splattered all over youtube within days.

Perhaps real source is someone who do not want to be banned or something like that. Usually things are completely different than they look like and completely different than for example you can read in mainstream media so there is always good reason to hide source :wink:

What if the RC car thing doesn’t have PF but an upgrade to the old RC system so that it works easily (same connectors) as the power functions? This seems unlikely but there is a chance. 

2 hours ago, Jack Bloomer said:

What if the RC car thing doesn’t have PF but an upgrade to the old RC system so that it works easily (same connectors) as the power functions? This seems unlikely but there is a chance. 

There is definitely no chance. The old RC system is long dead.

The topic is getting boring and repetitive without photos!

May I ask the "insider", when we will get blurred images of the new sets? ))))))

10 hours ago, degenerate said:

The source is a person on Instagram who was doing stock checking at some US stores and came up with a lot of 2019 set IDs.

I´d say it´s 99% legit and likely theses will be the first technic sets to use the new PF standard.

42089 - 174 pieces;

42090 - 128;

42091 - 120;

42092 - 325;

42093 - 579;

42094 - 827;

42095 - 324;

42096 - 1580.

The 42096 GT racecar has more pieces than the 42039, probably to continue the trend of increased details. On the other hand, 42094 doesn't seem very big, especially considering that it is a tracked vehicle.

Nothing else out of the ordinary, really.

42094 is IMHO approximately the size of 42028 set which could be very nice medium set. I'm waiting for first images...

On 8/9/2018 at 9:12 PM, I_Igor said:

Something like this?

ghost_stunt_car_59086_1_.jpg

A small 42065-like vehicle with either motorcycle or Xerion wheels and in that price bracket would be feasible, yes. The price/part ratio also suggests something in that vein.

Edited by AVCampos
Added comment about price/part

Im rather puzzled by 42092, supposedly a rescue helicopter at $39.99, but a meager 325 pieces, compared to 42093 (the supercar) offering 579 pieces for only $49.99.

The helicopter is well above the general $0.10/piece line, while normal technic tends to be (wel) below that, some going as low a 6 or 7 ct/piece. Now on some higher price/piece sets the difference accounts for big specialty parts or PF, but i cant imagine a $40 set containing any PF, nor can i imagine a lot of large/expensive parts such as wheels/tyres in a rescue helicopter, the best i can come up with is three rotor blades, which should be that big of a deal.

93 and 96 look bang on track to me, i love ~$50 technic sets, they tend to offer good value in terms of features and interesting parts for the price, 96 at $150 might be a tad expensive for my taste, but the part count is there to back it up, so im expecting something good.

3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

A small 42065-like vehicle with either motorcycle or Xerion wheels and in that price bracket would be feasible, yes. The price/part ratio also suggests something in that vein.

Smaller Xerion tires would be welcome and could fit in price category

4 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Well, we all knew that was coming sooner or later. :laugh: But dammit, Igor - you've got me excited now! :excited:

The part counts feel a bit underwhelming. 1H flagships for the past 3 years have been mechanically interesting. I don't think a generic GT Race car can offer sth interesting in that vein. Besides, 1H 2017 and 1H 2018 have two sets with 1000+ pieces, but this 1H only has one.

26 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

The helicopter is well above the general $0.10/piece line, while normal technic tends to be (wel) below that, some going as low a 6 or 7 ct/piece. Now on some higher price/piece sets the difference accounts for big specialty parts or PF, but i cant imagine a $40 set containing any PF, nor can i imagine a lot of large/expensive parts such as wheels/tyres in a rescue helicopter, the best i can come up with is three rotor blades, which should be that big of a deal.

42074 was $40. It's that European prices are lower for Technic other than the pull-backs.

18 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

i cant imagine a $40 set containing any PF, nor can i imagine a lot of large/expensive parts such as wheels/tyres in a rescue helicopter

Pneumatics are expensive, but I can't imagine them on a helicopter either.

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

But small diameter wheels won't leave much room for electronics, assuming a reversible vehicle like those in Rollcage cars.

17 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

But small diameter wheels won't leave much room for electronics, assuming a reversible vehicle like those in Rollcage cars.

Smaller could be 95 mm tires for 56 mm wheels, so you have the same amount of room for electronic...

The topic hurts me because every time when I get a push notification about a new reply, here is still no pictures of new sets! ?

6 minutes ago, Yevhen said:

The topic hurts me because every time when I get a push notification about a new reply, here is still no pictures of new sets! ?

I feel your pain, brah. :cry_sad:

Some my thoughts on the sets, their price and parts count.

42089 Power Boat, $14.99 - 174 parts. Is that another "Hydroplane Racer" or more boat-ish vessel?

A pull-back pair:
42090 Getaway Truck - 128 parts ($21.99?)
42091 Police Pursuit, $19.99 - 120 parts
Reminds a well-known pair of Getaway Racer and Police Interceptor. A truck and a car?

42092 Rescue Helicopter, $39.99;  - 325 parts
As it was mentioned earlier, it looks a bit overpriced for its parts count. Maybe a some interesting comes? I do think that it's due to some branding tax.
However, it possibly may have a lot of gears inside, like main and tail rotors, the winch...

42093 Super Car, $49.99;  - 579 parts
The parts number and price reminds me a B-model of 8041/42041 Race Truck with 56mm wheels. Mayme closer to 42075 First Responder, but with more details.

42094 Tracked Loader, $79.99; - 827parts
I wish the B-model is not a snow groomer, please...

42095 Remote-Controlled Stunt Racer, $99.99; - 324 parts
Following to previous RC models, I suppose that A-B models should be a road-track and off-road-like cars.

42096 GT Race Car, $149.99 - 1580 parts
Looks like a successor of 42039 24H Race Car ($129 / 1219 parts) and 42077 Rally Car ($100 / 1005 parts). The price seems to corelate to the parts number, so it definitely should be a car on 68.8mm wheels and with no motorization. Doors, hood, trunk, HOG and a face engine. As it's a GT, V6 or V8?
The B-model... SUV, Buggy-like car, what's next? That should be something with a bigger road clearance, may be some Pickup?