On 8/9/2018 at 8:33 PM, dimaks13 said:

42094 Tracked Loader, $79.99;

Interesting that set with similar number was about ten years ago 8294, it was tracked excavator...

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8294-1#T=S&O={"rpp":"100","iconly":0}

...and now we have tracked loader

17 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Another pair of cop and rob then. Feels like 2016 all over again

Yes, something like re-release (or history is repeating), but if they make  CLAAS harvester in summer 2019 I'll be happy (2016 we had Xerion)

Edited by I_Igor

13 hours ago, Bartybum said:

@dimaks13 Can we name this a speculation thread so the mods don’t get into a tizzy/people don’t take any speculation as fact?

Let’s stick to our usual naming convention. Since we have set names, we’re dealing with info here. The only speculation is about the implementation of these sets.

13 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

I was said to name it like that.

:thumbup: 

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Feels like 2016 all over again

Very true- if you look at my post on page 1 you will see many sets are just rescaled versions of past sets. Hopefully 2H brings something innovative. Although I wouldn't say no to another Claas vehicle :excited:

9 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

That makes me very hopeful because IMO 2016 was modern Technic's most successful year.

Agree :thumbup:

(this are my hopes to...)

Since there are 8 sets already I think this is the full list for 2019 1H. That means number 42085, 42086, 42087, 42088 would probably go unused. Maybe there will be sets for 42087 and 42088, but not for all 4 of them. Can't really see TLG releasing 12 sets for 1H.  

11 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Since there are 8 sets already I think this is the full list for 2019 1H. That means number 42085, 42086, 42087, 42088 would probably go unused. Maybe there will be sets for 42087 and 42088, but not for all 4 of them. Can't really see TLG releasing 12 sets for 1H.  

My first though was that they would be the 2H numbers, and four sets seem reasonable for that. It would be weird to invert the numbers, though, but it won't the first time they don't follow the usual pattern (42000 and 42084 come to mind).

I hope they won't skip the unused numbers (until 42099) like in 2014, 2016 and 2017...:look:

I guess they could skip some numbers if they want to start at 42100 in 2020.

It does sound a bit logical rather than doing 42084-96 or 85-97, assuming 2019 holds 13 sets like this year, which would let them start with 42100 rather than 42097/98.
Also it would only be a few missing set numbers.

My thoughts assuming the 1H19 sets start with 42085 (what's up with 42084 again?), which would be logical unless TLG for some reason skips a bunch of the remaining 4208x numbers.

What do you think, will they ever change the box's overall design in some way (apart from the background)? Like the "Technic" sign with some mechanical details, leave the black area at the front of the box, etc.

Edited by Jockos

I hope they will still use PF instead of PU, as those systems are not compatible and i don't want to throw away all my pf parts to buy pu components...

1 hour ago, Hogwartus said:

I hope they will still use PF instead of PU, as those systems are not compatible and i don't want to throw away all my pf parts to buy pu components...

Well so far, PU and PF take up about the same amount of space. So unless there is some new sensory function involved, there's no reason to scrap PF.

2 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Well so far, PU and PF take up about the same amount of space. So unless there is some new sensory function involved, there's no reason to scrap PF.

TLG will never talk about their future plans but if you can read between the lines it is clear that Technic will also go on with PU instead of PF (the source is the PU Q&A post on the LAN blog):

Without disclosing how we are going to develop and launch the Powered UP platform we can say that it is the future LEGO electronic building platform to cover products across both DUPLO, LEGO and TECHNIC building areas.

On 12/11/2017 at 5:09 AM, I_Igor said:

About new rumors (I'm not sure for this or upcoming year) see the link...

https://twitter.com/hashtag/McLarenSenna?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motorsport-total.com%2Ff1%2Fnews%2F2017%2F12%2Fhighlights-des-tages-mclaren-benennt-auto-nach-senna-17121007.html

New supercar coming Up - McLaren Senna :wub:

there is Technic logo on one image...just scrool th page down

like this

DQrvv-3U8AAKytx.jpg

sorry @Jim if the image is waaaaaaaaaaay to big but could not find smaller

Anyone else think this is a coincidence with the “GT-Car” and the “Supercar”. I sure hope it’s not a coincidence 

3 hours ago, Jack Bloomer said:

Anyone else think this is a coincidence with the “GT-Car” and the “Supercar”. I sure hope it’s not a coincidence 

Well it happened that guy who posted the image which I have found on Twitter likes using Photoshop... Theoretically I can blur CLAAS scorpion (telehandler) and put few LEGO Technic liftarms and scale down LEGO Tractor tires and there will be people who would (at least) with raised hope to have smaller tractor tires (like I hope) anxiously wait for release...

Why do I post something like this - we had such situation with Chiron.

From LEGO parts side we have everything for this set, but I personally think in 2020 there will be Bentley because (as Porsche and Bugatti) of VW ownership of marquee.

But let's stick (and be philosophical) about what we have for now. :wink:

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

From LEGO parts side we have everything for this set, but I personally think in 2020 there will be Bentley because (as Porsche and Bugatti) of VW ownership of marquee.

Don't forget Lamborghini, also part of the VW group ;)

I am taking this list with a pinch of salt as nobody can supply the source of the information. :hmpf_bad:

13 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Don't forget Lamborghini, also part of the VW group ;)

I agree with you; there are Lego Lamborghini "sets" in non-Technic series

20 minutes ago, carlo.fadel said:

Also a lime Lamborghini could be, in 2020. This mclaren runs from over a year.

Usually licences Technic sets deal with new / upcoming real cars / machines; example Porsche GT3 was 2016 model, Chiron is this year's model, Unimog U400 was 60 years anniversary model (at the same time U4000 was also made but was no anniversary model), new Arocs was introduced in 2015...but Xerion was in this 4000/4500/5000 series available from 2014,etc... ?

So as you said that is also a possibility