December (yes, December 1st) wave set list.

42089 Power Boat, $14.99;

42090 Getaway Truck, $19.99;

42091 Police Pursuit, $19.99;

42092 Rescue Helicopter, $39.99;

42093 Super Car, $49.99;

42094 Tracked Loader, $79.99;

42095 Remote-Controlled Stunt Racer, $99.99;

42096 GT Race Car, $149.99.

Edited by dimaks13

Some numbers are missing. The first set should have started from 42085.

And generic cars again? One for 50 USD and another one for 150 USD. 150 USD is the price of the 42080 and 42042. That presumable 1H flagship'd better be having PF or something special.

I was about to bricklink parts to get a 8043 B (Tracked Loader). But it seems God (or in this case TLG) has other plans hehe. If this thing is good enough I will happily ditch the plan.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

So from first sight no chance for smaller tractor tires, but tracked loader sounds interesting

8 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Regarding missing numbers, the list is possibly not full.

Well, hey. We had 42067 disappear into the ether. But the missing numbers might crop up later in 2019. :look:

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

So from first sight no chance for smaller tractor tires, but tracked loader sounds interesting

I'm envisioning something like the 8043 B-model. Sounds good. :excited:

This is a weird list. Of the 7 sets, 5 are "fast things". The other two (the helicopter and tracked loader) are the only two that sound interesting. A helicopter of around 400 parts should have at least a main rotor, tail rotor and something like a crane. Landing gear would be a bonus, but I'm not expecting it (even though it's very possible at 400 parts) I'm thinking 8856, who remembers that set? t'Was a brilliant set. Rescue helicopter will probably be red.

A tracked loader of 800 parts could have the same two arm functions the ZEUX has, but on tracks. Personally, I hope they are operated by knobs at a distance from the actual arm, so not like the ZEUX, but more like 8853. Probably has the same tracks as 42028, and maybe a similar scale? With 800 parts you can do a lot. Probably yellow, but I hope orange.

Also, I'm very curious what a $50 supercar looks like. 500 parts is somewhat larger than the 42022 hot rod. Would be about the size of the 42037 buggy. I'm expecting the same functions as that set or the 42077 rally car, minus the flappy side panels. Could work well as a towed vehicle for the tow truck from 42079-B. Would be cool to see a yellow car set this time (yellow still misses some panels).

The GT Race Car could be a nice follow-up to 42039, the bright green Le Mans car; I expect similar functions. Maybe an adjustable wing? $150 is about 1300 - 1600 parts. Ford GT colors, blue/red/black, could work well for this.

Police pursuit is probably pull-back. Maybe the missing number 42090 is the other pullback?

Edited by Erik Leppen

3 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

The GT Race Car could be a nice follow-up to 42039, the bright green Le Mans car; I expect same functions as that; $150 is about 1300 - 1600 parts. Ford GT colors, blue/red/black, could work well for this.

I think 42096 would be more like 8070, with PF/PU. If it is like 42039 it wouldnt carry such a hefty price tag.

I guess it may contain the wave selector.

Maybe it's just me, but a lot of these just look like sets from previous years, only in different scales.

Power boat is like a bigger 42045 Hydroplane Racer

Police pursuit is like 42047 Police Interceptor

Rescue Helicopter is small 9396

Super car is small 42077 or 42039

Tracked loader is 42032 Compact Tracked Loader, only less compact :wink:

Stunt racer is wheeled 42065

GT Race car is like 42077 Rally Car

While a bit redundant, I am very excited to see this year's lineup. Can't wait for the GT Racer especially!

Edited by Magical Duck

How exciting. I'm always excited about a new helicopter, and I was a fan of 8068, so an improvement on that would be great.

I'm interested in the small Super Car. This could be a fun little set, but the price puts it right with 42075 which does not offer much. I'm curious...

I liked 42039, so if the GT car is similar in execution, it could be interested. Hopefully it's a bright color too.

Also, December 1 sounds great. 

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

42094 Tracked Loader, $79.99;

You will be mine...! :wub_drool:

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

42095Remote-Controlled Stunt Racer, $99.99;

Something like this?

ghost_stunt_car_59086_1_.jpg

Interesting list, looking forward to see them :) 42095 seems to be the Technic version of the App-Controlled Batmobile, hopefully we'll see the introduction of some of the Technic-specific Powered Up elements.

42093 Super Car, $49.99;

Of course it will be a sport car, super car, but not in term of functions. Something small with 2-3 functions, on 49 mm wheels.

42095 Remote-Controlled Stunt Racer, $99.99;

Hope there will be no another 42065-type lik enew Batmobile model. Because another side controlled vehicel is too much!

I believe, it will be something with Train 2 channel BT Hub, L type motor for driving, and Servo for steering. 49-56 wheels will be maximum for such weak configuration. And Stunt Racer is something like Trophy Truck in my mind.

42096 GT Race Car, $149.99.

GT Race car is something we usually can see in LeMan races. But Since 42039 was a prototype car, new car should be closer to real civil car-based race car: 2 door with rear wheel drive: Aston Martin, Porsche, Toyota Supra or GTR adapted for track races. 8070 supercar is a good example of GT car. So in race version it can be rainbow colored with big GT wing, front splitter and low suspension. In fact, it will be another car full of holes and lack of details, that we can upgrade and improve by ourselve. Another question: will it be 3-rd model on 68 mm sport tyres after 42077 and 42039, Or.....??? May be Bugatti's gearbox parts will be here...

I also can't see new motorcycle. Looks like there will be no BMW GS substitute in lineup at least till 2020...

What do you think?

Edited by rm8

At first I hoped that the power boat will be similar to this old (but excellent) MOC by @Thelonious monk:

43953780761_2f384ea5c8_b.jpg

Then, I saw the price point and realized that it will probably be the size of 42084 Hook Loader or 42071 Dozer Compactor :cry_sad:.

Edited by Magical Duck

All I hope is that the tracked loader won’t be too similar in shape to 42032. At that price point I see the potential for a front end loader QuadTrac style. Also I really hope it uses the smaller tread links since I’m in dire need of them.

Interesting that the big L1 set isn’t an aircraft like it normally is every second year. Perhaps there’ll be a plane in the 2H lineup.

Edited by Bartybum

The 42006 Excavator has the same price with 42094 Tracked Loader so it's totally possible that 42094 will have big tracks and big LA

9 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

@dimaks13 Can we name this a speculation thread so the mods don’t get into a tizzy/people don’t take any speculation as fact?

I was said to name it like that.