lham

Dark blue in Hahli

Hi,

for those that have Toa Mahri Hahli (set 8914, year 2007),

have you noticed how the dark blue is significantly more vibrant than dark blue bricks from other sets such as 8103 Sky Guardian (released same year) or Vezok (set 8902, released 2006);

maybe the dark blue dye used in summer 2007 (when hahli was released) was slightly different from that used in Jan 2007 (when sky guardian was released),

anyway I really really like it!

anyone who has the new cargo copter 4995 can check the dark blue bricks (if that sounds interesting to you!)

thanks,

Lham

post-598-1206499713.jpg

Do you have the set? You didn't make that clear.

I don't think there's much of a difference in the blues, I have the set and other blue sets.

Do you have the set? You didn't make that clear.

I don't think there's much of a difference in the blues, I have the set and other blue sets.

yes I have the set, and with mine, under reasonable light, the dark-blue is noticeably more vibrant.

I just compared the wings on Sky Guardian with Hahli’s dark blue pieces, and lham is right. The difference is slight, but Hahli’s blue is more vibrant than the other one.

Shakar

Edited by Shakar

I just compared the wings on Sky Guardian with Hahli’s dark blue pieces, and lham is right. The difference is slight, but Hahli’s blue is more vibrant than the other one.

Shakar

yeay, someone noticed it too, I'm not imagining things :)

no...It's not really the solidness/transparency of the colour, but the vibrancy/luminous-look of it, in 'sky guardian 8103' and 'Vezok 8902' the dark-blue is more flat but in hahli it's more lively; in fact in my hahli the feet are slightly transparent (they seem to be a more flexible plastic) but still vibrant dark-blue,

I would recommend hahli 8914 to fans of dark-blue!

thanks for reading.

Edited by lham