Sign in to follow this  
Keymonus

[OL - Era II - Challenge II - Cat B2] Blades in the dark

Cat A

Cat B part 1

île D'Or, August 618, somewhere in the jungle

Nights can be very dark in the jungle, with just a little campfire to repel the shadows and the humidity of the night… very dark and very lonely, for a sentinel guarding the bivouac, alone among his companions wrapped in their blankets or, if they are lucky enough to be officers, sleeping in a comfortable tent.

30059349948_46645637e5_z.jpg

Nights in the jungle can also be very dangerous. Snakes leave their holes, hunting for preys in the bushes and in the low water...

42119655370_7e9efb15c9_z.jpg

...but you can also receive an undesirable visit of some two-legged snakes infesting the island. Without a sound, similar to shadows in the night, they got close to the camp: two of them headed to the tent, ready to cut the ropes and then slaughter the men trapped inside...

30059411098_15c1fbeaab_z.jpg

...while the others (among which a familiar face) approached the soldiers, in order to slit the sentinel's throat and kill the others in their sleep. It will be a matter of seconds: blades in the dark, horrible stabbing sounds, and everything will be over. A matter of seconds, and then...

30059398418_3cb99ce810_z.jpg

...then the assassins dressed in black will be in the middle of the fake camp, clearly visible in the light of the fire, among straw puppets and pineapples covered by hats.

43928385841_dffb13345a_z.jpg

Clearly visible… and ready to be ballasted with a considerable amount of lead!

43210001954_10e4959c73_z.jpg

An overall view

42119586520_fd59b355df_z.jpg

A couple of close-ups of the cane field

42119603700_54fc9f3faf_z.jpg

43209991594_ea6c32f1ba_z.jpg

Edited by Keymonus
Text missing

I really like the jungle vibe I get. And the faces for the dummies are really funny. Can’t wait to see the story that follows them.

Awesome build with many details. I especially want to compliment you on the work on the shore, the details and variation in plants, the tent (which turned out very good) and a nice story. Pineapples make for good traps so it seems. One question, who is the 'familiar face' of one of the robbers? Too many BoBS characters to remember :pir-grin:, please forgive me. 

3 hours ago, RocketSeason said:

What a twist!

Stay tuned, another cat. B and the grand finale are coming! :pir-classic:

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Nice one and interesting story... you're lucky enough to have a Nagini

Thank you! Voldemort was the first minifig I found in HP series :classic::classic::classic:

2 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Awesome build with many details. I especially want to compliment you on the work on the shore, the details and variation in plants, the tent (which turned out very good) and a nice story. Pineapples make for good traps so it seems. One question, who is the 'familiar face' of one of the robbers? Too many BoBS characters to remember :pir-grin:, please forgive me. 

Thank you, I had a great time building an irregular river bank and the tropical vegetation and I'm glad the result has been appreciated!

No problem at all about the 'familiar face'! He is the red-headed man, who followed my characters in the previous parts of the story. Probably he is (soon will be better to say was) a spy infiltrated in Fatu Hiva by someone living in the jungle, but you will discover who they are only in the next part!