Probably already done to death, but meh: pneumatics are cool. Here are two air pumps I keep on my shelf for boosting some of my models. The focus is on compact and minimal but also functional design.

The first is for first-generation, single-ported pneumatics. It's just a small cylinder connected to a geared 9V motor with a pair of wheels as a crank.

25XjQLP.jpg

Next up, one for the dual-ported system. This one has two blue pumps set 180 degrees apart to smooth the airflow, driven 1:1 through 16-tooth gears by a PF XL motor.

gXtVLnt.jpg

Edited by NotANumber

11 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Like the classic clear tubing. :thumbup:

Thanks! It's actually some really nice silicone tubing from Blokbricks. Great stuff for model refurbs.

I can't see any pictures... am I the only one? (been having some problems with my pc so it could be a "me problem")

EDIT:  It was a "me problem" , sorry 

Edited by shadow_elenter

They are good ideas but not for me, usually I have to integrate the pumps in the chassis of the MOC I am doing because I have no room enough for prefabricated compressors.

6 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

usually I have to integrate the pumps in the chassis of the MOC I am doing because I have no room enough for prefabricated compressors.

Same for me.. i'm often squeezing the pump in anywhere it will fit and wondering how i'm going to get drive to it!!

every time i see an air tank i get jealous... keep going to buy one but the prices are outrageous! I bought the new orange gearbox selector for about £1 and the blue clutch gears for 25p or something... and an airtank is £25!! 

15 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

every time i see an air tank i get jealous... keep going to buy one but the prices are outrageous! I bought the new orange gearbox selector for about £1 and the blue clutch gears for 25p or something... and an airtank is £25!! 

If you don't mind a white tank then they are £6.96 on Bricks & Pieces.image.png.8a4e62c4cea4fd3b509030cee50e3246.png

23 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

I bought the new orange gearbox selector for about £1 and the blue clutch gears for 25p or something... 

Where from? The orange gear selector is about £4 on bricklink and about £2.50 on bricks and pieces. 

Sorry for the off topic..... 

Edited by Oliver 79