Sign in to follow this  
DK_Titan

[MOC] Water tower - 1 meter high

Our latest MOC - a water tower (heavily inspired by a real water tower in the city of Aarhus, Denmark). The model is approximately 1 meter high and consists of approximately 15.000 bricks.

The water tower included in Salling's Christmas decoration 2018

Edited by DK_Titan

Very impressive! Great technique with the tiles and the new angled slopes close the gaps around the windows nicely. The roof looks great too without noticeable holes. You've certainly set a precedent with the height of your builds now! Well done.

Really nice and impressive build.  Well detailed also. I like the shapes, cooors and the rechnique used. The video is very good too! Congrats!

On 8/9/2018 at 6:35 PM, SuperSlick said:

Your work is AWESOME! The details are fantastic. Loving the height too.

7 hours ago, carebear said:

Amazing Work!!!

the colors are just right

I'm in love with this build

Greetings!

1 hour ago, Creativebrick Studio 117 said:

Hi,  I watched the video from start to finish.  Everything looks great!

Is there a tutorial/guide that someone knows on how to build round towers with tile like that?  I would like to try round towers in that style one day.

Thanks all. In the description for the video there is a link to our homepage, where you can find work in progress pictures that may help you to see which techniques we used. 

Very cool! I could recognise the tower instantly as I drive by it almost every day! Are you planning on showing in it somewhere - would love to see it in person! 

2 hours ago, jpx said:

Very cool! I could recognise the tower instantly as I drive by it almost every day! Are you planning on showing in it somewhere - would love to see it in person! 

Thank you jpx. I'm glad you could recognize the tower. It will part of this years LEGO Christmas exhibition in Salling (Aarhus).

Edited by DK_Titan

This looks incredible. The close up shots panning over the surface of the walls look amazing with the tiled brickwork and how you've used varying colours for the bricks looks very realistic indeed. I agree with @LEGO Train 12 Volts comment about your trees. They look fantastic too! :classic:

On 8/15/2018 at 1:48 PM, Bricked1980 said:

This looks incredible. The close up shots panning over the surface of the walls look amazing with the tiled brickwork and how you've used varying colours for the bricks looks very realistic indeed. I agree with @LEGO Train 12 Volts comment about your trees. They look fantastic too! :classic:

Thank you @Bricked1980

For the fourth consecutive year, members of Denmark's LEGO Enthusiast Community - Byggepladen - contribute with a layout for the Christmas decoration at the department store Salling in Aarhus.

The layout can be seen from Strøget (the pedestrian street) between 26th October and 26th December 2018. The layout is built by Morten Sørensen, Ole Agner Nielsen, Glenn Knøsgaard, Rune Fogh, Poul-Erik Borre and Ulf Andersen. Furthermore, Klaus Algreen has contributed with trains and technical support.

The water tower is included in Salling's Christmas decoration 2018