Hi eveyone

i have hoping that someone can help me out with figuring out how to create and arc, quarter of a circle 

I’m in the process of trying to create a C17 Globemaster

C17 reference

I am trying to make the cover for the landing gear but don’t seem to be able to find the right way to make enough of a curv

C17 reference

I have thought of using shell 3 x 11 x 2 ø 4.85 08 But it still doesn’t seam to have the right shape

https://brickset.com/parts/6107863/shell-3x11x2-ø-4-85-08

Thanks for you help

This is my work so far

C17 - Completed Engine

Edited by maniacman50

This depends on the diameter you need. Same parts won't work, for different dimensions. What diameter you are looking for?

I saw the engines and thought of this project I did a few years ago.  You could actually make this thing go!

But in all seriousness, its great you gave images of the engines.  They look really nice.  But perhaps you could provide renders, sketches, etc. of what you have in mind for the lower half of the fuselage.  Because based on your post, that is what you are using the 1/4 curves for. Perhaps it would give us a better idea of how to help.  B/c technically, the 3/11 curved panels are a quarter of a circle......

16 hours ago, Jurss said:

@Jurss , I am trying to keep most of it to technic pieces, I have used normal bricks on the first engine design. It just came out nice that way. I will look into using those curves it might just get what I need.

16 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Oh boy you are in for a doozy of a challenge @maniacman50. I’m so looking forward to this.

@Bartybum go big or go home.... Well I think any way. The first time I tried to do the scale measurements on the wings I got a span of over 2.5 meters... 

Sadly it has been a WIP for years now. But I have final pulled the finger out and start doing more design work.

Plan of attack

• Body design
  • Getting moving parts in place
  • Power functions... 
11 hours ago, zux said:

This depends on the diameter you need. Same parts won't work, for different dimensions. What diameter you are looking for?

@zux

So what I have so far is this

Landing Gear

The arc I am trying to get is highlighted in red here for the Landing gear cover

Landing Gear Highlight

And this is the Body shape I am working on

Body Outline

and the size so far 

Circle body

9 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

I saw the engines and thought of this project I did a few years ago.  You could actually make this thing go!

But in all seriousness, its great you gave images of the engines.  They look really nice.  But perhaps you could provide renders, sketches, etc. of what you have in mind for the lower half of the fuselage.  Because based on your post, that is what you are using the 1/4 curves for. Perhaps it would give us a better idea of how to help.  B/c technically, the 3/11 curved panels are a quarter of a circle......

@nerdsforprez wow that is awesome way of doing it

Edited by maniacman50