Chapter 1
-
What Has Past-

Chapter 2
-
What Has Past-

Chapter 3
-What Has Past-

It finally felt like summer in northern Mitgardia. Wyndor knew it wouldn't last long, but winter was long enough in the north. No sense thinking about its return until you had to. While Constance had been busy in Kaliphlin and then with Charlemagne he had been busy shoring up the defenses against the Algus. This included building a fortified manor for he and his wife, Valanice. He didn't want to worry about his wife while he was off defending others.

Grevling Manor

The result was Grevling Manor.

Grevling Manor

Built on the outskirts of Dalig Ulv, it provided a refuge whenever he had a break from civil duties.

Grevling Manor

The main gate allowed access to and from the manor, but when the snows were deepest a back door was utilized to keep from having to shovel out the gate every day.

Grevling Manor

While most official business was taken care of in town, sometimes Wyndor would welcome visitors at his home.

Welcome to Grevling Manor!

If you're ever in the area be sure to stop on by and experience good Mitgardian hospitality!

That is a crazy amount of sand green! :)

I like the concept with the wooden great house surrounded by stone walls! The terrain with the earthy tone works great in Mitgardia!

Where is the banner from? Custom made? It looks great!

Luv yr build, didn’t know you were Hufflepuff though :look:

I agree with TeGothia, what a tremendous amount of sand green... luv the rock work 

I really like the purple trees against the green walls. So many green clips :)

7 hours ago, de Gothia said:

If I know my Hufflepuffs, I’d say it was a Harry Potter set.

edit: Narbilu beat me to it. 

Edited by CaptainAaron

Nice layout and surprising color choices :classic:

That is some interesting weapons you have there too on the glaive and gate, BaP findings...? 

Very cool! What are those door pieces? This is a pretty unique build, style-wise. I don't think I've seen these colors together like this before.

4 hours ago, de Gothia said:

As others have said, it's a Harry Potter sticker from the new Great Hall set.

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

That is some interesting weapons you have there too on the glaive and gate, BaP findings...? 

Yes, BaP findings! They are from the new Ninjago sets.

1 hour ago, mccoyed said:

Very cool! What are those door pieces? 

The doors are standard large door pieces. The silver parts are the new scythe piece from the Ninjago line.

1 hour ago, mccoyed said:

This is a pretty unique build, style-wise. I don't think I've seen these colors together like this before.

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

Nice layout and surprising color choices :classic:

Thanks guys! I was going for a bold color scheme. Glad it worked!

Interesting build.  I really like the main building, especially the way you did the windows and roof..  The landscaping is nice, like the purple trees.  Where did you get the purple flower pieces?  The figs are cool.  My only criticism would be its is too much sand green for me, I think mix in a few bricks of another color grey or brown would break up the outer wall a little bit.  Overall pretty cool though. 

10 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Yes, BaP findings! They are from the new Ninjago sets.

The doors are standard large door pieces. The silver parts are the new scythe piece from the Ninjago line.

You don’t happen to know the part IDs...? :wink:

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

You don’t happen to know the part IDs...? :wink:

6230563 for the whole bag of new weapons.

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

6230563 for the whole bag of new weapons.

Can't find that set # on their website. What's the name of it?

28 minutes ago, mccoyed said:

Can't find that set # on their website. What's the name of it?

It's not a set number, that's the piece number for Bricks-and-Pieces. It comes in all the new Ninjago sets like 70658.

Liking the overall layout, the orange rock formations are gorgeous, and the contrast on the color for walls on the manor and build are eye catchy.
However not all convinced by the brown soil, I find it a bit lacking of ...
I don't know precisely what. :look::grin:
In general an attractive idea executed successfully.:classic::thumbup:

Great build!  I would not have expected those colors to work together, but they do!  The dark orange rocks in the back look really good, and I like the whole scene with the building.  Were I to nitpick, I would parrot the others in suggesting that the dark brown soil up front looks a little plain (maybe an irregular base would help clear that up?) and the sand green might be helped by breaking up a bit--maybe with a few of those olive brick façade 1x2 pieces from the Old Fishing Store?  Regardless, I really like it!  Keep up the good work!

22 hours ago, Niku said:

Liking the overall layout, the orange rock formations are gorgeous, and the contrast on the color for walls on the manor and build are eye catchy.
However not all convinced by the brown soil, I find it a bit lacking of ...
I don't know precisely what. :look::grin:
In general an attractive idea executed successfully.:classic::thumbup:

3 hours ago, Grover said:

Great build!  I would not have expected those colors to work together, but they do!  The dark orange rocks in the back look really good, and I like the whole scene with the building.  Were I to nitpick, I would parrot the others in suggesting that the dark brown soil up front looks a little plain (maybe an irregular base would help clear that up?) and the sand green might be helped by breaking up a bit--maybe with a few of those olive brick façade 1x2 pieces from the Old Fishing Store?  Regardless, I really like it!  Keep up the good work!

Thank you both! The brown ground is the weakest point. I thought about using dark tan, but didn't want it to match the roof. Perhaps an irregular base would have done the trick. I built this for a contest that required it to be on a 48x48 footprint with minimal overhang. As the dark-orange rocks were already over-hanging I didn't want to push my luck too far. But it's a good idea for improvements on my next project!

I really like the manor proper, but I find myself turned off by the sand green walls all around. I do approve of the non-conventional color choices for the rocks and trees, and I even like the idea of the sand green, but visually it takes up too much of the picture, I think, especially being relatively unadorned as it is. That said, the Mitgardian details of the manor are great, especially those horns on the ridgeline, the axes at the end, the tower, the diamonds along the walls, and all of the small windows (I too got the Great Hall, and love the rectangular windows from it!). 

Very brave colour choices here! The light lavender(?) is perhaps a bit too much but other than that I like it. I like that you didn’t stick to the square base with the rock.

Cool to see sand green used so heavily in a castle build. Though I think the wall could be improved by crenelations at the top, and perhaps using tiles instead of the clips.
Lovely longhouse with the diamond designs, SNOT dark tan portion, and rows of windows :thumbup: The stone foundation and stairs by the entrance to the manor are lovely as well :wub:

On 8/12/2018 at 7:23 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Cool to see sand green used so heavily in a castle build. Though I think the wall could be improved by crenelations at the top, and perhaps using tiles instead of the clips.
Lovely longhouse with the diamond designs, SNOT dark tan portion, and rows of windows :thumbup: The stone foundation and stairs by the entrance to the manor are lovely as well :wub:

I wanted to use tiles for the top of the wall, but didn't have enough in sandgreen. So part limitations necessitated the clips!

As for everything else you mentioned, I took a lot of inspiration from your and John's builds. You guys are amazing inspiration!

Not completely sold on the sand green (how many of those 1x1 with clips do you have???), but that's compensated by the excellent colours on the rockwork :thumbup: 

The brown-and-dark-tan section is great as well, typically Mitgardian!

54 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Not completely sold on the sand green (how many of those 1x1 with clips do you have???), but that's compensated by the excellent colours on the rockwork :thumbup: 

Twice as many as you see. I went a little over-board when they were on the pick-a-brick wall. Anyone want to by a lot of 700?

43 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Twice as many as you see. I went a little over-board when they were on the pick-a-brick wall. Anyone want to by a lot of 700?

*jaw drops open*

But... but... why? :laugh: