Hi, 

We have just finished building the tow truck, but nothing happens when we try to drive it. Brand new batteries in both bits. All wheels turn fine when rolling it along, but when using the remote nothing happens, not even a noise from the motor. 

Have you set the channels on the remote and the IR receiver on the same value? On the IR receiver there is an orange switch you can move up and down in four positions. On the remote there is a similar orange switch. They need to be both in the same position.

4 minutes ago, VP40 said:

not even a noise from the motor. 

Do the green LEDs on IR receiver and remote blink when using switches?

They are both on the same channel. And yes, you he Green lights blink on both. 

Just realised that if I turn the wheels forward on one side, they turn backwards on the other. 

Just realised that if I turn the wheels forward on one side, they turn backwards on the other. 

37 minutes ago, VP40 said:

That's how differential works.

Oh OK, I have no clue about the technical stuff. Just followed the building instructions and thought it would work. 

Which parts are left after building?

Hold one side wheel, then try to turn other side, try to find out, where there is no connection. 

Does motor even starts to run?

No, motor does not do anything. Green lights come on, but no noise at all. 

I assume you already tested both switches on the IR, right? (There is a blue channel and a red channel on both the IR receiver and the remote)

If you connect the cable of the motor directly to the batterybox and switch the batterybox on, does the motor turn then?

It all of a sudden works at least a bit. It drives forward a few centimetres and also backwards. That's all it does though. I guess I will have to take it apart a bit tomorrow to figure it all out. Thanks for the help so far.