As mentionned in my first post, it is this shifter, yes.

I just take the principle because this design is not enough sturdy and reliable for a real use in a moc.

I do modify it a little therefore, but Lego Technic Mastery is well the owner of the idea.

18 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I think it is this: @steph77?

18 hours ago, steph77 said:

As mentionned in my first post, it is this shifter, yes.

I just take the principle because this design is not enough sturdy and reliable for a real use in a moc.

I do modify it a little therefore, but Lego Technic Mastery is well the owner of the idea.

I read about the original concept coming from Lego Technic Mastery, but having a concept is one thing, making it reliable and incorporating it in a model in a way that makes sense is also a big challenge. And in this case the incorporation has been executed excellently. So to be more precise: I love the shifter concept and the way it comes to life in this build.

4 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

So to be more precise: I love the shifter concept and the way it comes to life in this build.

Sorry, I misunderstood your original post. It is well put together as a whole.

7 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I read about the original concept coming from Lego Technic Mastery, but having a concept is one thing, making it reliable and incorporating it in a model in a way that makes sense is also a big challenge. And in this case the incorporation has been executed excellently. So to be more precise: I love the shifter concept and the way it comes to life in this build.

Thanks!

Here are some complementary views of the gearbox area:

selector assembly:

phQ3vt.jpg

Front top view:

tOmKzX.jpg

gear selector connection:

STRxMU.jpg4

engine detail front:

4h6Rhz.jpg

underside view:

RoD9Ta.jpg

Frame sub-assembly:

1iz4A4.jpg

Frame full assembly:

uhcmQ5.jpg

Edited by steph77

Hello. Did your superbike ever get finished? Was looking tasty would love to see it ?

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 3:26 AM, Trojan said:

Hello. Did your superbike ever get finished? Was looking tasty would love to see it ?

Hi,

Sorry i do not. The incoming of the 42107 italian beauty makes me change my plans.

I worked on a bavarian response to it:

- Shifter pro up and down

- 4 speeds gearbox

- front fork suspensions

- Rear multi-link suspensions

Actually not 100% happy with the front build rigidity and also with the very front end. This still  doesn't looks like a S1000RR,Work still in progress!

RfCj4y.jpg

GyERUS.jpg

fRFDvh.jpg

1WSdKE.jpg

1WSdKE.jpg 

Edited by steph77

Very difficult to build a bike in technic at this scale.. really well done for getting this far! The chain and back brake are on the wrong sides, but its very hard at this scale..

Thanks!

And it's finally done :)

As you can see the front end is done, it's been quiet tricky to get this results but I am happy with the smooth curve of the front and integration of the two headlights.

I recolored some parts as well, and get this 50 shades of blue colorsheme that fits well with the race spirit of this motorbike.

I also build a stand that really hold the bike correctly and firmly.

fr7lrM.jpg

Looking at the front end the complex shaping of it allows a cool render of the noze's curve, integrate some dynamics lines in the design. I do not use the windshield of the Ducati that I find odd and I prefer using a simple flex tube to suggest the windshield's limit.

You can also see that the lower part of the bike has also get attention with complete panelling and details

lAsmpk.jpg

The back view shows a racing spirit

vIEzT9.jpg

The borders of the fuel tank have also been carefully designed with the major holes finished with 1X5 panels. I must say that finding all these tricky angles was fun to do and research...

poZyhw.jpg

QJALSF.jpg

The shifter with the 1/2 2L liftarm that shows wich speed is engaged and also acts as a limitator so getting from 4th speed to first is not possible.

w2TZJP.jpg

Exzych.jpg

And a blurry (sorry) view of the rear suspension system. Multilink, it gives the opportunity to change setup by moving the attachment point of the 5L 1/2 liftarm on the oscillating arm.

By modding this the suspensions is (as represented here) low and quiet soft or higher and sensibly harder (race mode)

f24T6w.jpg

@ you...

Edited by steph77
add explanations...

Hi guys!

EDIT: Sorry I lost the connection during the editing of this post

Some improvement about this bike:

- Add front disk break calipers

- Add a proper saddle

- Simplify the rear end and add détails on the oscillating arm at the rear

- Change the color scheme

- add a windshield