LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] Lavalette Cannon Battery

Lavalette Cannon Battery

The first order of business for the newly arrived visitors had been; in cooperation with the local soldiers, militia, and workforce; to erect a battery overlooking the anchorage. It served as a good practice ground for cooperation between the Oleanders and the Corla... foreigners, before bigger projects where started.

42695524284_a2328cca84_b.jpgGun emplacement 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Digging out a plain foundation into the hillside and erecting a low wall, the new battery was well camouflaged and protected from enemy fire.

41604217740_f927e69f9d_b.jpgGun emplacement 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

In this battery, local 24 pounders sourced from a naval storehouse and given army carriages serves as an effective counter to even heavy vessels.

I like the idea of a concealed battery, and the execution is very nice! I like both wall texture and minifig posing. It's a little fortification, but probably it could hurt a lot!

7 hours ago, Keymonus said:

I like the idea of a concealed battery, and the execution is very nice! I like both wall texture and minifig posing. It's a little fortification, but probably it could hurt a lot!

Thanks! I'm glad that you like it!

Nice battery LM71, I like how the guns appear sunken into the ground. I imagine it would be quite difficult to take out from sea!

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Nice battery LM71, I like how the guns appear sunken into the ground. I imagine it would be quite difficult to take out from sea!

Thanks! I wanted it to appear like it was dug out of a hillside, so I'm glad you like the effect!