Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR MRCA result] A knight to remember

Brigadier Howe was amazed by the sheer size of the crowd that had turned out for the ceremony. It seemed most of the population of King’s Harbour had turned out for the announcement; a testament to the popularity of Governor Cooke, who they were here to honour. Not fazed, he drew a deep breath and held up a hand for silence. The crowd went silent. With a voice tempered by years of battlefield and parade ground commands, he declared,

“I Brigadier Sir Andrew Howe, Commander of the Corlander Army in the Eastern Colonies, have the following announcement to make on behalf of her most beloved Majesty, Queen Annetta."

Continuing, he then read from the parchment signed by Queen Annetta herself.

I, Queen Annetta of Corrington, first of that name and ruler of the Empire of Corrington, the conquered Isles and Eastern territories, hereby declare that, on this the first day of the month of August, in the 618th year after the fall of the Great Empire, that my loyal servant, Captain Jonathan Cooke of the Royal Navy, is hereby ordained as a Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of Victory. Captain Cooke's deeds date from the very first exploration and colonisation of Terra Nova by Corrington. in 616, As captain of the man-o-war HMS Ironsides, despite being out-classed and out-gunned he took the pirate ship Dark Oak, which had ravished the Great Eslandolan treasure fleet. Through 617 he has worked tirelessly as Governor of the Southern Isles fighting numerous small actions against the lawless rouges who plague the Brick Seas. His greatest victory so far, however; came just last month, where again aboard HMS Ironsides, this time as commander of an anti-piracy squadron, he engaged the plague of the aptly named Sea of Thieves, the dread pirate fleet headed by the notorious vessel, Komodo Dragon. Again out-numbered and out gunned, he managed to turn the tide on the dastardly pirates, and sunk none other than the Komodo Dragon herself. Truly Corrington has a most formidable commander in Captain Cooke, who has my sincere gratitude for his service.

With that he handed the parchment to a servant who in turn handed him his sword.

"Kneel Captain Cooke"

Captain Cooke took one knee in front of Sir Andrew, who then brought the sword to rest just above the Naval officer's shoulder.

28932517367_0bd0da04cf_c.jpg

"In the Name of Her Majesty, I dub thee a knight companion in the most noble order of Victory. Arise Sir Jonathan

With that the crowd broke into a might roar of approval and Captain Sir Jonathan Cooke KCV RN, Governor of the Southern Isles was ordained into Corlander nobility for his gallant acts.

Full Scene:

42964607385_04e9fba87b_c.jpg

The three classes of the Most Noble Order of Victory (L-R, Knight Companion, Knight Commander, Knight Grand Commander)

29999256528_b38229784c_c.jpg

Credit to @Kolonialbeamter for the graphics

Yay, even more medals is what this game really needed! :pir_tong2:

Seriously though: good build. And given the ingame events, a logical conclusion in terms of story. Nicely done! :thumbup:

Cool build, it's nice seeing Corrington introducing ranks and medals too! Great idea and nice minifig choice and posing!

A very nice scene.  Nice to see those decorative garden arches used - I have never managed to fit them into anything myself.  I also like the Hussar and the back to the crowd.

Not sure why Bishop Meloche is on the balcony though.  Rest assured, he remains quite dead. :pir-laugh:

Congrats to Captain Cooke on a well-earned honor!

Wonderful scene! I particularly like how you've used those decorative arch pieces in combination with microfigs and the variety of textured bricks to really create detail in a simple structure. Fantastic! :thumbup:

Thanks all for the comments,the decorative arches were found when I was helping a friend of mine sort through his childhood collection – I think they are from a Fabuland set and I have been wanting to use them for a while now. I'm really happy with the result and I'm glad others are as well (I love sneaking Fabuland pieces in every now and then!). 

On 8/6/2018 at 6:52 AM, Fraunces said:

Cool medals, is it also possible for non-Corrington characters tot obtain one?

I don't see any reason why non-Corlanders could not be awarded honorary membership into one of the chivalric orders; however, they would have to do something pretty significant in the service of Corrington. One example for the Order of Victory might be a privateer fighting under Corish letters of marque defeating an enemy of the Crown in a significant action. Also the membership would be honorary as a non-Corlander would not be allowed to sit in the Noble Parliament which full membership allows.