Sign in to follow this  
pantelis

[Moc] Black Smith

Hi again ,

i make a little blacksmith shop for my Moc Black Falcon Castle..

I just want to feel in the air of my room  the 80s castle sets..

Any idea what i can make more (creation} for my Moc sets..??

For me its like a set from my young age!!28928761727_94124fab9c_b.jpg

28928762967_5c2a4f2184_h.jpg

29995673128_79fca33519_h.jpg

29995673718_836773238b_h.jpg

43147777654_e77ef214f1_b.jpg

42056777430_9492956733_h.jpg

43865190011_2585bb3d9f_h.jpg

42056778020_80356e2947_h.jpg

I see that your kingdom is growing! :-)

Nice little nostalgic set. I like the smoke, cleverly made. Chimney might be a bit too wild for the 80's set. ;-)
I like the level of details and add-ons, it's justabout enough: they make the scene lively, but they are not overdone.
Well photographed, too!

For your next creation I recommend a civilian set, preferably with a horse and woman. A feminine element would "soften" and brighten your world, and it will add a bit of realism (unless your castle is a garrison building, of course), and horse (preferably brown or black) would make the setting more medieval and vivid: you know, there are never too many animals. Oh, and a brick-built fowl might be funny.
Or, maybe you could think about introducing some antagonists, so that your men have someone to match with. A small forest scene with a bandit or two?

Cheers!

24 minutes ago, Aine said:

I see that your kingdom is growing! :-)

Nice little nostalgic set. I like the smoke, cleverly made. Chimney might be a bit too wild for the 80's set. ;-)
I like the level of details and add-ons, it's justabout enough: they make the scene lively, but they are not overdone.
Well photographed, too!

For your next creation I recommend a civilian set, preferably with a horse and woman. A feminine element would "soften" and brighten your world, and it will add a bit of realism (unless your castle is a garrison building, of course), and horse (preferably brown or black) would make the setting more medieval and vivid: you know, there are never too many animals. Oh, and a brick-built fowl might be funny.
Or, maybe you could think about introducing some antagonists, so that your men have someone to match with. A small forest scene with a bandit or two?

Cheers!

Hi Aine... So much good for me your feedback really.... I hope you like my creation.. Yes the blacksmith shop is more hard than the 80s sets but i use a lot of thinks from 80s like the yellow panels... I will try to make some thinks that you feedback for me... Thanks again and i will return with some new creations from your feedback!!! 

You're welcome!

I think that a nice idea would be to "close" the area you've already built with a small house, cottage, or shop standing opposite the blacksmith. This way you'd have a town square with three sides closed (and an open space to continue the build), and if you'd find some nice contrast or tune to the blacksmith workshop, it may work well together.
Considering that you already got a catapult built, and that there's a need for horses to tow it, you might design a stables with the war machine close to it. A thatched roof, preferably yellow to match the colour of the workshop walls, would tune well with the blacksmith and the stables would offer a less cramped living quarters for your animals and also would free some space in the main castle. A touch of brown (a ladder, some woodwork, etc.) to match the brown stuff around the smith would help to colour-tune the scene.

Jus be mindful when photographing, as the dark sides may hide the castle that is already a bit hidden on the light background. Maybe you'd need to experiment with lighting, I'd say that light coming from the sides may give some plasticity to the main building.

Edited by Aine

1 minute ago, Aine said:

You're welcome!

I think that a nice idea would be to "close" the area you've already built with a small house, cottage, or shop standing opposite the blacksmith. This way you'd have a town square with three sides closed (and an open space to continue the build), and if you'd find some nice contrast or tune to the blacksmith workshop, it may work well together.
Considering that you already got a catapult built, and that there's a need for horses to tow it, you might design a stables with the war machine close to it. A thatched roof, preferably yellow to match the colour of the workshop walls, would tune well with the blacksmith and the stables would offer a less cramped living quarters for your animals and also would free some space in the main castle. A touch of brown (a ladder, some woodwork, etc.) to match the brown stuff around the smith would help to colour-tune the scene.

Jus be mindful when photographing, as the dark sides may hide the castle that is already a bit hidden on the light background. Maybe you'd need to experiment with lighting, I'd say that light coming from the sides may give some plasticity to the main building.

Thanks again Aine for your good ideas... You really help me with all your ideas.. I will try to make some of this that you think about my creation.. For sure 2-3 of the themes that you say..!! 

I would try the grey stables with yellow thatched roof to match the yellow of the blacksmith; if you miss the yellow, then at least use some bricks for straw and hay.
Then a brown door/gate to match the brown accesories around the smith, maybe a few logs, if you're into the Tudor building style.
A black catapult 'and/or horse) finishes the scene, it would be a logical build for a small garrison, and it would be balanced in colours.

A small note: don't forget to give your horses bricks, so that they don't have empty backs. :-)

8 hours ago, meepinater said:

looks great! the figs are simplistic, as is the actual building... yet there is also lots of detail! good job!

Thanks meepinater for your good comments to my moc.. I hope you like it!! 

7 hours ago, pantelis said:

Thanks meepinater for your good comments to my moc.. I hope you like it!! 

I do! I'd love to see more of this style... they're great!

5 hours ago, Lodeman said:

Love the additions of the blacksmith and the inn to your sets! Really feels very alive and vibrant.

Thanks Lodeman for your good comments to my moc. I hope you like it

wow, this turned out very very well! Nice and vivid scene!

1 hour ago, Aine said:

wow, this turned out very very well! Nice and vivid scene!

thanks once again Aine..i hope you really enjoy the all scene and with the Medieval Inn..:classic:

On 8/10/2018 at 1:42 AM, Lodeman said:

Love the additions of the blacksmith and jackpot 247 to your sets! Really feels very alive and vibrant.

Love it too!

Edited by cavile

1 hour ago, Perterz said:

I really like the mix of Classic and modern!

Tiny build but packed with detail, very nice ?

Thanks Perterz for your feedback.. Nice that you like this moc..

I love your work, it's so nostalgic, and at the same time very historically accurate. Very god details!