Hello fellow EB members;

I've made a small MOC to experiment with different techniques and see what I can do with narrower buildings to what I'm used to.

This is a Mediterranean influenced street with a Surf shop, restaurant and place to buy ice cream. It's taken a month or so to put together, no interiors but 3 pics to show you what I've come up with;

43812258822_3d4a07e56f_c.jpg

43812353082_eb74c34daf_c.jpg

43860520621_4dff7e072d_c.jpg

If you have any comments or questions about techniques etc, please ask! :classic:

If you wish to view them at Flickr you can find them here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Cheers!

Good model! Both the building on the left and the middle one work almost seamlessly together. While the roof of the middle building is really beautiful, the one on the left seems to have still room for improvement. I really really like the entranceway for the middle tan building, supremely elegant and beautiful :sweet: The building on the right seems a bit stitched up there but while I prefer the other two, I've seen many buildings like that one on coast towns around the Mediterranean. If you do something else of Mediterranean inspiration, you could try to recreate those smaller one floor most the times squarish houses that often have tall garden walls next to them (something like this, btw this is my hometown :tongue:).

Other than that, the build is very solid, nicely coloured and brilliantly brought to life. One last thing, who needs interiors when you can have curtain covering the windows!

Great colors and some unusual shapes. Looks great!

I might have to steal the idea of the blower baskets on the streets. So simple and yet so effective! ;-)

Beautiful buildings.

Great SNOT-work on the left and right buildings! There's also some simple yet effective ideas scattered throughout the build, like the flower baskets peedeejay pointed out or the enclosure of the palm tree's stem

My only criticism is the background color on the second and third picture. It's kinda garish and overpowering.

Your skill continues to impress & baffle me. I always enjoy looking at what you come up with. I love those flower beds...may have to steal those. 

A really great model from you once again! Got to agree with the other comments about the flower baskets, they look terrific. I really like the bright colours and different techniques used for texturing and details on the walls.

Although it's a different setting, I reckon this would look great positioned next to your recent harbor side pub. :classic:

Great looking build. Very fresh and Mediterranean looking. Colours really stand out. This would look great in a beach/waterfront setting IMO.  

On 8/5/2018 at 8:14 PM, paupadros said:

Good model! Both the building on the left and the middle one work almost seamlessly together. While the roof of the middle building is really beautiful, the one on the left seems to have still room for improvement. I really really like the entranceway for the middle tan building, supremely elegant and beautiful :sweet: The building on the right seems a bit stitched up there but while I prefer the other two, I've seen many buildings like that one on coast towns around the Mediterranean. If you do something else of Mediterranean inspiration, you could try to recreate those smaller one floor most the times squarish houses that often have tall garden walls next to them (something like this, btw this is my hometown :tongue:).

Other than that, the build is very solid, nicely coloured and brilliantly brought to life. One last thing, who needs interiors when you can have curtain covering the windows!

Thanks @paupadros I picked a mixture of roof's just to show a bit of variation in texture, they were never meant to be a focal point, but I agree plain roof tiles are a bit dull! :laugh:  Its an interesting idea with the single floor with a roof terrace, maybe in the future i'll dabble with that idea.

On 8/6/2018 at 8:24 AM, peedeejay said:

Great colors and some unusual shapes. Looks great!

I might have to steal the idea of the blower baskets on the streets. So simple and yet so effective! ;-)

Thank you @peedeejay I had it on my desk for a while waiting to be used, although my other have can take the credit for arranging the flowers! :laugh:

On 8/6/2018 at 9:03 AM, RogerSmith said:

Beautiful buildings.

Great SNOT-work on the left and right buildings! There's also some simple yet effective ideas scattered throughout the build, like the flower baskets peedeejay pointed out or the enclosure of the palm tree's stem

My only criticism is the background color on the second and third picture. It's kinda garish and overpowering.

Cheers @RogerSmithGlad you've spotted some of the smaller details! I agree the orange is yak, I edited those first but did it with flux operating on my computer but it looked much worse in daylight but I didn't bother re-editing them. Probably should have!

On 8/6/2018 at 9:58 AM, Vindicare said:

Your skill continues to impress & baffle me. I always enjoy looking at what you come up with. I love those flower beds...may have to steal those. 

Cheers @Vindicare!

On 8/6/2018 at 11:31 AM, Bricked1980 said:

A really great model from you once again! Got to agree with the other comments about the flower baskets, they look terrific. I really like the bright colours and different techniques used for texturing and details on the walls.

Although it's a different setting, I reckon this would look great positioned next to your recent harbor side pub. :classic:

Thank you @Bricked1980, I'd like to be able to put them in a bigger scene together but sadly just don't have the room, here's hoping when I move I can get them together for a better shot!

23 hours ago, scottwb2010 said:

Great looking build. Very fresh and Mediterranean looking. Colours really stand out. This would look great in a beach/waterfront setting IMO.  

Thanks @scottwb2010 Glad you like the mix of colours! I originally wanted to have bigger scene with a tram and a beach. Maybe I'll have to save it for a future MOC.

Looks fabulous! Coming up with new techniques is my favorite thing about building. Love the way you've done the curved display window and entrance on the middle building.

On 8/5/2018 at 5:29 AM, snaillad said:

Hello fellow EB members;

I've made a small MOC to experiment with different techniques and see what I can do with narrower buildings to what I'm used to.

This is a Mediterranean influenced street with a Surf shop, restaurant and place to buy ice cream. It's taken a month or so to put together, no interiors but 3 pics to show you what I've come up with;

43812353082_eb74c34daf_c.jpg

If you have any comments or questions about techniques etc, please ask! :classic:

If you wish to view them at Flickr you can find them here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Cheers!

How did you build the flower box? I was attempting it with the snot bricks that are similar in shape to the piece used but there’s either a gap, when I put a 2x3 plate in the middle, or not enough room for a 1x2 plate when I put 1x4 tiles on the side.

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

How did you build the flower box? I was attempting it with the snot bricks that are similar in shape to the piece used but there’s either a gap, when I put a 2x3 plate in the middle, or not enough room for a 1x2 plate when I put 1x4 tiles on the side.

Im not the designer but it looks like he did this:

KP7D1Lp.png

12 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

Thanks for this. After seeing your picture, I realized I made the mistake in thinking the snot piece I was using was the same length as this fence piece...which it is not. That’s why had a small gap. 

On 8/8/2018 at 3:21 AM, eliza said:

Looks fabulous! Coming up with new techniques is my favorite thing about building. Love the way you've done the curved display window and entrance on the middle building.

Thank you @eliza! It gets harder every time to try and come up with new stuff and techniques I've not made before but I'll keep doing it! :laugh:

15 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

KP7D1Lp.png

Thank you @supertruper1988 you beat me to it!

59 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Fabolous MOC ...the detailsof the curtains behind the windows on the second floor are stunning! :wub:

Great building!

Thanks @LEGO Train 12 Volts