Hi everyone, with the instructions for just about every technic set ever made available on the net, do you think that it would be worth TLG's time, effort, and money to reproduce some old/out of production parts that were common in early sets (say, pre 1998 or so) for those who wish to build older models? Keeping in mind that it could also result in higher sales of other individual parts as people need them too to build.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Well TLG just did that in 2015. They re-released the Racing Truck which was first introduced as 8041 in 2010.

No parts were retired in the original truck, so no old parts were brought back in the re release. 

The part they should rerelease is the Cypress. There has been a lot of mystery around it. It is also in the LEGO games apparently (I saw when my cousins played it :)). But apparently they even don't want to reintroduce that part. Some people say well the molds are destroyed. Well they could 'just' recreate it from the original part, they make molds all the time for new parts that are more complex I would say.

If you're going for old parts, you may as well campaign for old colours at the same time! Bring back classic space I say!

5 hours ago, emielroumen said:

Would love to see the fragile steering hubs from the good old test car again!

Fragile? Mine have held up very well over the years! If I was to bring anything back, it would be the wheels and tires from 8448.

7 hours ago, emielroumen said:

Would love to see the fragile steering hubs from the good old test car again!

How many are you after? There are many available on bricklink for a price quite a bit less than the equivalent current part. Certainly less than the current hub plus pin which is a few euro for the pair, compared to <1EUR for the old part plus an axle.

Undoubtedly if TLG brought this back, the opening price would probably be in line with the other very short production run parts like the new Chiron technic gearbox bits and the brake rotors which are selling for 5EUR each.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=35186&amp;idColor=3#T=S&amp;C=3&amp;O={"color":3,"iconly":0}

Don't think it is a good idea neither commercially nor in relation to people.

I have quite a few rare sets from back in the 90s, but looking at them and their details now - really want to use mostly new technic.