Sign in to follow this  
Chromeknight

Percy loves PoweredUp!

I’ve had a small green saddle tank engine built for a while now.

Percy loves PowerUp!

Despite his smiley face, the driver is sad, he can’t stand neatly in the cab of the engine.

But, PoweredUp!

Percy loves PowerUp!

Now he can.

Percy loves PowerUp!

Steam on!

Edited by Chromeknight

Looks really cool Chromeknight! More room for the engineer!

I like it. Powered up seems to allow for 'last mile' setups with less room taken since we don't have the IR receiver to add. Hope to see more little shunters in the future.

Neat! A lot less ugly cable around too. Impressive how you hid the huge battery box in the saddle tank, too.

PU does have some advantages, with one less component to hide and no direct line-of-sight required for the controller either. Who'll be the first to use one of the other motor designs for a slower shunting engine?

29 minutes ago, ColletArrow said:

Neat! A lot less ugly cable around too. Impressive how you hid the huge battery box in the saddle tank, too.

PU does have some advantages, with one less component to hide and no direct line-of-sight required for the controller either. Who'll be the first to use one of the other motor designs for a slower shunting engine?

The saddle tank design is heavily inspired by Canvas Rail’s work, https://flic.kr/p/VhgCUd

Previously the loco was a bit finicky with getting the signal into the cabin, now I can drive it with one hand (and the remote) behind my back.