Ross Fisher

[OL] The trial and execution of Harrison Torn

The court day finally came, the infamous pirate Harrison Torn was conducted to the Hotel de Ville of Lavalette, then brought to a small room. He looked around and asked "where's the jury, where's the audience?"

15332163091_DISPLAY.jpg

"There's no jury, no audience, only me and monsieur l'inquisiteur." Replied the judge in a cold, monotonous voice, then he added "shall we proceed, monsieur l'inquisiteur?"

The man behind the small desk said "Your honour, the man you see here is accused of piracy, he was caught in the act by one of our fleet, I hereby ask a fast and severe punishment."

"Very well, the evidence against him was overwhelming, send this man to the gallows."

"But...I...I protest" stammered Harrison Torn.

15332163092_DISPLAY.jpg

The inquisitor intervened, aloud, "the culprit said he's filled with remorse and he has no objection to the sentence."

The judge nodded "Right. Next!" 

15332163103_DISPLAY.jpg

The execution and funeral of Harrison Torn was a lovely affair. Lavalette had recently built a new gallows just up the coast (actually a converted smugglers crane).

The pirate himself gave a moving last speech, something along the lines of "It's not bloody fair..." Tragically, most of it was lost to the noise of the wind.

28869931217_8d08716600_c.jpg

Death of a pirate by Ross Fisher, on Flickr

Harrison Torn's body hung there for a week or so as a warning to other pirates, before it was cut down by a small group of locals, who preferred their rum without import tax.

This has been a collaboration between myself and @Bodi. Let it be a lesson to anyone else considering piracy in Oleonaise waters.

Thanks Ross for the posting. I think the message has been very clear, they'll think twice next time they see an Oleander vessel.

Great job both of you. Both of the builds are nice and clean, and very fitting for Oleon's no-nonsense style of justice.

That is a very clever use of the lasso. 

Let me know if you need any help with the paperwork and licensing.

5 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

The inquisitor intervened, aloud, "the culprit said he's filled with remorse and he has no objection to the sentence."

The judge nodded "Right. Next!"  

:pir_laugh2:

Edited by Captain Genaro

@LM71Blackbird Thanks! @Captain Genaro I appreciate the feedback. Do you mind if I hold off licensing the gallows for a little bit? I want to make sure I have enough money/licenses available for everything I need to do this month. What would you class it as? Arts and culture? I was thinking artisan at one point...

Nice and clean build, with a great (and hilarious! :pir-grin:) story alongside it. Well done, both of you! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

What would you class it as? Arts and culture? I was thinking artisan at one point...

Things related to government and public administration tend to get classified as arts and culture. This would also come with the benefit of lower cost and higher yield for you (faction bonus of Oleon).

Edited by Drunknok

56 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Do you mind if I hold off licensing the gallows for a little bit? I want to make sure I have enough money/licenses available for everything I need to do this month. What would you class it as? Arts and culture? I was thinking artisan at one point...

Arts and culture would be most appropriate since that encompasses government related builds.

There is no rush to license these. Sometimes I help Bodi license his stuff, and I wasn't sure if he needs help here.

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I want to make sure I have enough money/licenses available for everything I need to do this month.

In terms of money, I am sure your faction can help you out. If not, I am willing to help. The WTC appreciates your efforts against piracy!

5 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

Sometimes I help Bodi license his stuff, and I wasn't sure if he needs help here.

Yes I still your help to license this one, that'll be a small art&culture in Lavalette build I guess.