Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

[COR - Era II - Challenge II - Cat B] Sea-ing is believing.

My entry into category B of Challenge 2.

Our group of adventurers set out into the jungle, not following the beaten path. This was not because they chose to do so, rather, none of them had brought a map and they had been walking for days in any direction. Just as the party morale had reached its lowest yet, they stumbled across what seemed to be a shrine to 'the god of water', something the native at the mill had mentioned. 

43755552632_df1803fe5b_z.jpg

"Hold on, didn't that native at the water mill talk about the god of the sea?" asked Lady Enia.

Looking down upon the god's gaze was a desecrated Bluecoat. 

"I hate bluecoats, but that's just too far" added Angus Spud.

43755556232_8df2f5d874_c.jpg

It appeared the body had been dead for some time, the skin had turned into a bluish grey.

"No mere man could have done this" said Joshua, sickened by the sight of the poor man's entrails.

"There is a note", stated Jacques le Méchant, "It is in Oleonese.

'I have been separated from my company, running from that thing. I was fleeing with Gustave when that beast lept from nowhere and tore him to shreds. I fear I will share the same fate. I'm not sure if it's exhaustion or hunger, but I can hear it in the bushes, waiting to pounce on me. Perhaps I shouldn't have became a soldier, I would be at home with - '

and that is where the note ends"

While the others had been mourning the loss of this stranger, Angus Spud had climbed atop the statue, carrying a hammer.

29934110308_0e09a67125_z.jpg

"Take this!"

The noise seemed to unsettle distant birds. The idol's legs began to crumble until -

28867836607_8a60e904be_z.jpg

SMASH

Everything became quiet, Joshua felt a chill run down his spine, followed by a heavy feeling of fear down to his stomach. They were no longer alone.

43804026611_2bdaf96387_z.jpg

Rev. Wesley MacJohn stated he wished to bury the body, the others would follow a trail of blood leading into the dense vegetation of the jungle.

Angus Spud remained upon the statue for a few minutes, demanding offerings from the group before agreeing to come down and follow the rest on their journey into the dangerous unknown.

More pictures:

Edited by Spud The Viking

Very nice build, great composition with the water and then the grass-topped cliffs!  The statue looks great too, and good job on the story!

1 minute ago, Kai NRG said:

Very nice build, great composition with the water and then the grass-topped cliffs!  The statue looks great too, and good job on the story!

Thank you!

Nicely done - the landscaping is good and the water works quite well, especially from a lower angle :thumbup:  That smashed statue is just great, though! :grin:

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

His companions have been removed. 

:pir-oh: I think you mean companions'? :grin: :laugh:

On 8/2/2018 at 5:01 PM, Garmadon said:

Nicely done - the landscaping is good and the water works quite well, especially from a lower angle :thumbup:  That smashed statue is just great, though! :grin:

Thanks, I am still experimenting with the water to get it just right!

23 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

For his actions, Angus Spud has been added to the list of names to question. His companions have been removed. 

I'm not sure Angus Spud's intoxicated banter would hold up to your inquisitors :pir-grin:

12 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

I'm not sure Angus Spud's intoxicated banter would hold up to your inquisitors :pir-grin:

Finally, a worthy adversary!

Nice beach and cliff! Oh and I also like that half eaten poor soul! Destroying the idol is also a nice idea.

Edited by blackdeathgr

I really like the way you did the statue and especially the dismembered poor soul ...

The printed tile in his hand ... In the dismembered photo ...What is that from?

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice beach and cliff! Oh and I also like that half eaten poor soul! Destroying the idol is also a nice idea.

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I really like the way you did the statue and especially the dismembered poor soul ...

The printed tile in his hand ... In the dismembered photo ...What is that from?

Thank you. The part can be found here.

Very nice build, I like the cliff and the beach and the sea too, the vegetation aren't overly dense to mask the scene, well done.

On 8/5/2018 at 12:43 AM, Bodi said:

Very nice build, I like the cliff and the beach and the sea too, the vegetation aren't overly dense to mask the scene, well done.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Fraunces said:

I agree with the others. Good one and looking forward to the conclusion of the story

I hope I won't disappoint :thumbup: 

Even if the pagan statue you destroyed is in my taste a bit too similar to our sacred Poseidon's ones, your build is very nice! :grin:

I like in particular your curved palm (how did you built it?) and your water.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Angus Spud remained upon the statue for a few minutes, demanding offerings from the group

Blasphemy!!!! :pir_tong2: :pir_tong2: :pir_tong2:

Really well executed dead minifigure and the statue with the action is great, too. You really hit the nail of this challenge.

1 hour ago, Keymonus said:

Even if the pagan statue you destroyed is in my taste a bit too similar to our sacred Poseidon's ones, your build is very nice! :grin:

I like in particular your curved palm (how did you built it?) and your water.

Thanks!

The 1x1 cones allow a little leeway to bend them.

1 hour ago, Elostirion said:

Really well executed dead minifigure and the statue with the action is great, too. You really hit the nail of this challenge.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it!