Rogue Angel

Book III - Varlyrio: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Scores from the second period free builds are in!

Mitgardia - 150 gold
Avalonia - 134 gold
Kaliphlin - 130 gold
Varlyrio - 115 gold

Which means the overall standings are as follows:
Avalonia - 347 gold
Mitgardia - 273 gold
Varlyrio - 247 gold
Kaliphlin -  239 gold

Good work everyone with your Challenge II entries, and we'll be working on judging those entries next :classic:

...And I've finally got caught up!  Great showing for the challenge, guys - lots of epic builds there! :excited:  Sorry I didn't get mine done in time; I did get it started, though, so when I get a chance I'll finish it as an intrigue build and hopefully get some stuff moving here (if no one else beats me to it :laugh:)!

And we're moving up in the gold rankings as well, woot!  Go Varlyrio! 

EDIT: Oops, obviously read something wrong up there.  Well, go Varlyrio, anyways! :grin:

Look forward to the freebuild @Garmadon!

I thought we would have done better in the freebuild scoring, it seems like there were a few free builds? Are you sure none were missed?

Hopefully with so many challenge entries this time round we will start to claw back some points!

On 2/14/2019 at 4:41 AM, Basiliscus said:

I thought we would have done better in the freebuild scoring, it seems like there were a few free builds? Are you sure none were missed?

Hopefully with so many challenge entries this time round we will start to claw back some points!

Yeah, I'm pretty positive we got them all - I think it's just that most of the Varlyrian freebuilds were pretty small (comparatively), so we lost on the size factor.  We had a lot of great challenge entries, though, so that should definitely bump us back up a bit here! :thumbup:

Great job on the Challenge entries guys!  Avalonia edged us out by a few points, but that was due to having a few more submissions.

@ZlatanXVIGustaf took home the 1st Place Prize with his Category B Build, @Basiliscus was the winner for Category A, and @W Navarre was edged out by Gideon and LittleJohn in Category C, but had the highest score for Varlyrio in that Category!

Thanks to @Judge of the Wastelands, @mccoyed and @narbilu for their submissions as well.  GREAT WORK!

Now to the free builds.  I will be working for something For Brickworld in June that may or may not be done by the April 30th deadline, we will see.  I will try to get at least something submitted during this period though.  Anyone else have any free-build plans?

(BTW, we will be announcing family rankings and positions in the near future, but we have not finalized them yet).

Nicely done guys!  I don't know if I can get any more free builds for a while, but I will try! And I look forward to what everyone else makes.  

Thanks for sharing the detailed results @Rogue Angel! I think we Varlyrians should be proud of that, winning two categories and placing third in the other one.

In addition we scored second in the points for the challenge, only being edged out by the quantity of Avalonia. It seems to me the judging should provide a large bonus to the guild which wins a challenge, e.g. +10 points. It's a bit silly that Avalonia topped the points despite not winning a single challenge.

I've got three more builds planned, and given we have until the 30th April, hopefully will manage all of them before that deadline!

Congratulations to everyone!  Good job on the submissions!  I only wish I had more time.  I will be moving into the new house soon, so hopefully I can get to building something fun and compelling!

I have another small Lion's Eye build ready to go in the next couple days for a Free Build. And some ideas for more.

I think you guys should check out the screenshots and concept art for Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. Some definite good inspiration in there for the smaller details, hustle and bustle, and maybe the "old Varlyrio" architecture.

15 minutes ago, mccoyed said:

I think you guys should check out the screenshots and concept art for Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. Some definite good inspiration in there for the smaller details, hustle and bustle, and maybe the "old Varlyrio" architecture.

I can recommend Assassin’s Creed II aswell, especially the Venice part.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:20 PM, ZlatanXVIGustaf said:

I can recommend Assassin’s Creed II aswell, especially the Venice part.

The Florence setting is also lovely :classic:

Sorry for the lack of builds guys, I'm working on a lego comic that's eating all of my lego time. Hopefully I can get some stuff out this march

Hello!

How are you all doing fellow varlyrians? Sorry about my inactivity, but i am not at home, so i do not have Lego with me. Just in my heart. :sweet: If everything goes well, i will be at home late June, and will start building and storytelling...

On 4/19/2019 at 6:07 PM, MaasEffekt said:

Hello!

How are you all doing fellow varlyrians? Sorry about my inactivity, but i am not at home, so i do not have Lego with me. Just in my heart. :sweet: If everything goes well, i will be at home late June, and will start building and storytelling...

Fair enough, I think it's fair to say we've all mostly been neglecting (temporarily) our GoH duties, but hopefully when the challenge is announced that'll all change.

I haven't had time for LEGO in the last 7 weeks, but after next weekend I'll hopefully get back into it.

A new build from me, finally!  The de Fiori's Mainhall in Tergiversa...

Click on the picture to check out the topic :classic:

46995545695_17fb4da13b_z.jpg

Any other Varlyrians got some builds in the works? :excited:

I'd say I'm unlikely to build for the current challenge, I too have an imminent baby on the way and next week I'm decorating.

I hope to get back into things in a few weeks.

8 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

I'd say I'm unlikely to build for the current challenge, I too have an imminent baby on the way and next week I'm decorating.

I hope to get back into things in a few weeks.

Congrats! I don't know about me either.  Maybe something small?  That's a really cool MOC though, Garm! And nice to see allies start to form... 

Here are the results for the third free build challenge period!

Avalonia: 171 gold
Mitgardia: 114 gold
Varlyrio: 69 gold
Kaliphlin: 0 gold

Adding the Challenge III tallies in as well gives this overall result:
Avalonia: 678 gold
Mitgardia: 501 gold
Varlyrio: 409 gold
Kaliphlin: 331 gold

Edited by soccerkid6

48424700282_a116a75971_z.jpg

Near Illyrian there lies an old a decayed cathedral from the days long ago when Varlyrio was still two separate islands and when the Chiaros ruled as Rego. However, it is not infrequently still used as a rendezvous by starlight or in the early hours of dawn by certain families...

New build from me!  Long overdue in GoH, but here it finally is (picture linked to topic)!

Challenge IV results are in. Like in Grover's winning entry, it looks like the Varlyrians did not show up...

The gold won from the challenge:

Mitgardia: 55.5 = 56 gold
Avalonia: 39.833 = 40 gold
Kaliphlin: 33.5 =  34 gold
Varlyrio: 0 = 0 gold

Overall gold standings:

Avalonia: 718 gold
Mitgardia: 557 gold
Varlyrio: 409 gold
Kaliphlin: 365 gold

Ouch, what a pity!  We will have to step up next time. Really it's a pity there isn't more time to build for me, I really would like to have entered the challenge but was simply too busy! 

Edited by W Navarre

2 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Ouch, what a pity!  We will have to step up next time. Really it's a pity there isn't more time to build for me, I really would like to have entered the challenge but was simply too busy! 

At least you guys are still ahead of Kali in the overall gold count.

Well folks it's time for this guild to shine in challenge V! We can't let everyone else have all the fun.

I'm in discussions about a collaboration with a few non-Varlyrian members, hope to enter something.

Yep, I was hoping we could clear the dust off this mighty musty Guild a little here!  Time to show up, peeps! - if you like the idea of surviving, anyways... :innocent: :laugh:

On 3/1/2020 at 7:27 PM, Basiliscus said:

I'm in discussions about a collaboration with a few non-Varlyrian members, hope to enter something.

Awesome!  I'm hoping to get an entry to Category B into my (very busy :grin:) schedule as well if I can!