Kai NRG

Book III - Kaliphlin: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Welcome to Kaliphlin!  I like the unusual colors, looking forward to where you take that!

17 hours ago, ridgekitten said:

Jingu Jingu, of the Jade Sands

Welcome to the guilds!  Look forward to seeing your builds!

• Eurobricks Vassals
  • team_member_vassal.gif
  •  
  • 34 posts

hi, i want join kahlpin but do not have the parts for my main character, so i will put in my first side character who is a avalonian side character
sir galahad de lintizian walked through the woods of avalonia, on a random quest, he had been yelled at into going to a small house belonging to the extremly wealthy lord green, who told him he had a mission of great importance " galahad " he said " i do not apologize for yelling at you, but let me tell you this quest " " ok ?' " galahad find" replied finding what lord green just said confusing 50698724481_ba6593e67a_c.jpg

" i need you to help me with something " lord green said " ok ? " galahald replied think that that was logical50698805207_3c5e9d9417_c.jpg

" something has been stolen from me, something of great importance to me and to johnn- er the desert king " he said " it was stolen when several people wearing weird hats and green tights ran into this house, stole the object when asked who they were ran around in a circle and yelled " we are the forestman we are the forestman we rob from the rich and give to the us "   galahads lack of expression made lord green glare at him 50697978798_e4d7c597e1_c.jpg 

" this object is of great importance and there song was very very stupid, i need you to get this back for me " " ok ? " galahad replied " for your reward " lord green said, you can keep that gold cup and take the staute of the elven god behind me " seeing that galahad did not know what he was talking about, he said " the gold thing with the leaves on top of it " " ohhhh " galahad said " it is worth 4 villages " lord green said back glaring at him 

galahad thought of this while waking through the woods, he wondered what the object was and why it was important he had no idea how hard it would be to get this object back

Is anyone considering doing the The University of Petraea's Doctorate of Historica Program?

10729336874_da8a5d53a4_q.jpg

I've been working through it myself, but appear to be the only one lately.  The subjects are a great source of inspiration, as well as techniques to keep in mind (or try out) while building.  I'm enjoying the journey rather than worrying about finishing my degree.  Feel free tor reply here or see @Kai NRG's post on the tracking thread.

I wanted to do it but kind of forgot about it being so focused on the HSS.  I'll write myself up something for all my builds.

I'd rather not think about how long it's been since I last posted one, but I finally have a new free-build up :grin:

Yes, I can't wait to see those turn up in some medieval MOCs!  There are surely lions in Kali, and even crocs in the swampy parts!

So many nice new animals!

For sure there are also lots of monkeys in the more tropical parts of Kaliphlin :classic:

The flat sides of the elephants seems to just ask for being covered in colorful cloth and armor!

12 hours ago, Gideon said:

The flat sides of the elephants seems to just ask for being covered in colorful cloth and armor!

Great idea!  I thought it looked quite ugly - but being flat would make covering it very easy and make it look terrific!

I'm starting to flush out what I want the Jade Sands to be. If it's ok, I want the region to be in the middle of the Rakath Mountains, nestled between some volcanoes. It's essentially an oasis, but in the mountains instead of the desert. I plan on making the architecture look like a blend of Chinese and Japanese structures.

The Jade Sands aren't very large, just big enough for a small settlement and can be crossed in a day on foot. 

Edited by ridgekitten

3 hours ago, ridgekitten said:

I'm starting to flush out what I want the Jade Sands to be. If it's ok, I want the region to be in the middle of the Rakath Mountains, nestled between some volcanoes. It's essentially an oasis, but in the mountains instead of the desert. I plan on making the architecture look like a blend of Chinese and Japanese structures.

The Jade Sands aren't very large, just big enough for a small settlement and can be crossed in a day on foot. 

That sounds great to me!

4 hours ago, ridgekitten said:

want the region to be in the middle of the Rakath Mountains, nestled between some volcanoes

Neat.  Would this be up near Nocturnus or further south?  I'm all for Kaliphlin slowly expanding north.

1 hour ago, jtooker said:

Neat.  Would this be up near Nocturnus or further south?  I'm all for Kaliphlin slowly expanding north.

It's close to Nocturnus, lets me make it a little more fantastical I suppose.

9 hours ago, ridgekitten said:

That sounds good!  Looking forward to seeing what you build for it!

On 6/19/2021 at 9:49 PM, jtooker said:

Pedantic question: which flag should go on top: dark blue or red?

Red!

Well, I don't really think there's an official order, but that's kind of what's always felt right to me.