Kai NRG

Book III - Kaliphlin: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Greetings all,

I am doubtful that many of you, if any, remember me, but I am pleased to announce that my GoH (and eurobricks as a whole) retirement is now over. I have been in something of a dark age for the past few years, but I am now ready to get back into it. Now, I realize that the majority of the MOCs I made and posted before my extended break weren't particularly impressive; however, I think that three years has done a lot for me in terms of thinking through builds, even if I have been inactive, and I am much more satisfied with the projects I have been working on for the past few weeks. I cannot wait to share with everyone what I've been working on and finally get back into the amazing world of Historica.

Hi

I am thinking about joining Kaliphlin and got a question:

- I've seen that you can establish your own settlement: does it have to be from the list of cities in the wiki or can I pick a new one?

Thanks

4 hours ago, elementary said:

Hi

I am thinking about joining Kaliphlin and got a question:

- I've seen that you can establish your own settlement: does it have to be from the list of cities in the wiki or can I pick a new one?

Thanks

I'd recommend making your own, though you can build in other cities if you wish. 

You are welcome to create your own settlement!  There's still lots of unclaimed space in Kaliphlin. 

Are there any Kali-builds being produced boys and girls? Feels like the other guilds are running circles around us, haha! :excited:

Yes, we need to get our act together!  Unfortunately I'm away from my bricks right now. :cry2:

Greetings,

I am interested in joining Kaliphlin and have a few questions after reading through some of the other posts.

Separate from GoH, I have been working on a larger castle MOC I intend to expand over time. If nothing else, I need a name, but also a location and some back story would help. It does not quite fit into Kaliphlin, except maybe in the Wither Woods area. Part of this MOC can be seen in my Eastern End of the Great Wall entry to CCXVI.

31589849457_4162db9563.jpg

So my first question is:

1. Would a MOC in this style and a wall of this magnitude fit into the Kaliphlin lore, perhaps at the border between Kaliphlin and Avalonia in the Wither Woods?

I have been looking through the Books and have not seen Eastgate mentioned in Book III but I did read through "Most of the city was saved from ruin as the attack had been quick and swift". the Battle of the Wither Woods as well as a bit of The Battle For Eastgate and The Fall of Eastgate. I also noticed that there is not an entry for Eastgate in HSS.

2. Is Eastgate open to rebuilding in Book III, or more specifically, fortifying the surrounding areas?

3. Is anyone building MOCs for Eastgate or Wither Woods and is there anyone I could/should consult with?

Some other miscellaneous questions:

4. Are there years/dates attached to any events/chapters?

5. How much time has passed between the end of Book II and 'now'?

6. Did Book III start immediately after Book II?

I'm in the process of designing my sigfig and will post it and formally join Kaliphlin and GoH soon. I intend to enroll in the University of Petraea's Doctorate of Historica Program.

p.s. my Trade Route Oasis MOC is probably the closest Kaliphlin-like MOC:

48175663892_6b37ec3a5c.jpg

1.  That style of architecture and landscape would fit well on the Kaliphlin-Avalonia border!

2 & 3  You'd be welcome to build a bit in Eastgate - all Kaliphlin cities are open to builds from anyone.  Eastgate is @SkaForHire's city mostly, so if you would like to make significant additions to its lore, it would be good to get on the same page with Ska.  You're also welcome to create your own city - or a castle! - somewhere in that same general area.

4. No, we don't have a year system... just an order of events. 

5. Someone please help. :laugh:  Not too much time, since Queen Ylspeth was introduced at the end of Book II (I think...).  Maybe a couple of years?  Honestly, everyone works the time to suit their own stories!

6. Yes.  I think.

Welcome to Kaliphlin and the Guilds and Eurobricks! :grin:  Looking forward to seeing your MOCs! 

Rhalyf the Wanderer

Rhalyf finds himself drawn to the south and to Kaliphlin.  Not much is known about Rhalyf, except that he travels alone and has the skills and abilities to take care of himself even in hostile environments.

Rhalyf_the_Wonderer_Close.thumb.jpg.29c3

Rhalyf the Wander

49916142351_806df55254.jpg

Rhalyf enters Kaliphlin

For higher quality images of Rhalyf, see Rhalyf's page on my website.

12 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

1.  That style of architecture and landscape would fit well on the Kaliphlin-Avalonia border!

2 & 3  You'd be welcome to build a bit in Eastgate - all Kaliphlin cities are open to builds from anyone.  Eastgate is @SkaForHire's city mostly, so if you would like to make significant additions to its lore, it would be good to get on the same page with Ska.  You're also welcome to create your own city - or a castle! - somewhere in that same general area.

Sounds great.  I'll plan to start building in the Wither Woods east of Eastgate, presumably south of the Battle of Wither Woods.  I imagine at the fork in the road that leads north to Avalonia, south to Barqa and west to Eastgate.  @SkaForHire, I cannot PM yet, but let me know your thoughts.  I don't want to tread on your turf!  I plan to invent someone in charge (not my sig-fig) of this area - to coordinate the building of defensive structures and recruiting guards.  I'd like to tie all this in to the history of Eastgate properly.

4. No, we don't have a year system... just an order of events. 

5. Someone please help. :laugh:  Not too much time, since Queen Ylspeth was introduced at the end of Book II (I think...).  Maybe a couple of years?  Honestly, everyone works the time to suit their own stories!

6. Yes.  I think

Great, I think that gives me the information I need (knowing it is years, not generations is helpful).

Welcome to Kaliphlin and the Guilds and Eurobricks! :grin:  Looking forward to seeing your MOCs!

Thank you!  I look forward to participating.

@jtooker welcome to Kali, where the fun never stops :laugh: . Great to see some more builds in this region as it’s been slim pickins lately :wink:  

Do the roads in Wither Woods have names?  I'm planning to develop a settlement around the crossroads show in the attached map.

wither woods road names.jpg

Edited by jtooker
map image

23 hours ago, jtooker said:

Do the roads in Wither Woods have names?

I'm sure they do, since most roads do have names. Have they ever been named in Historican lore? Maybe, maybe not. But just as Main Street can turn into Highway 36, so too can "Westroad" in Settlement A be called "Bob's Lane" in Settlement B. Which is to say, call them whatever you please. Perhaps the road towards Eastgate is Eastgate Road, and one going south could be "South Road", or whatever is convenient for you and your story. Does that answer the question?

1 minute ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Does that answer the question?

I think so, thanks!  I think I've got some decent names picked

After some Chatting with @adde51 I came Back to my Plans in joining this Guild and GoH in general. I'll Post my SigFig when the pieces for it arrive (due to covid-19 it will propably Take longer). 

11 hours ago, Legonaut said:

After some Chatting with @adde51 I came Back to my Plans in joining this Guild and GoH in general. I'll Post my SigFig when the pieces for it arrive (due to covid-19 it will propably Take longer). 

Glad to hear man, Kali for the win! :laugh:

Would anyone be interested in collaborating for the Summer Joust Just Another "Normal" Day category?

Assemble a team of builders, and work together to portray a day's activities for one specific individual. Whether that be a blacksmith going about his usual tasks at the forge, a stable boy being kidnapped by a talking tree, or mighty warrior on yet another difficult quest. It can be as mundane or wacky as you like, but should portray one cohesive story and also showcase the character traits of the subject.

Each build should portray a different activity/event of a single day in the character's life.

I figured a Kaliphlin citizen would be a good idea, but haven't gotten any further than that.

1 hour ago, Legonaut said:

Is Ras-El-Akhen a settlement and If so is there any Player active?

I don't see it listed in the Historican Settlements - HSS page, but many cites from Book II are not.  It is mentioned on the Wiki.  It is only mentioned once in the full story document.

@Kayne did a At the Gates of Ras El-Ahken MOC in 2014 and To the Ax with the Tax! Part 8 - Malek Rising in 2016.  I would ask @Kayne if he/she is active in this city.

Some other links can be found using this search.