Kai NRG

Book III - Kaliphlin: Guild sign-up and Discussion

4 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

Seriously guys, how many more days of Kaliphlin at work are there, you're showing the rest of us up!

Haha, it’s been a fun collab and still some builds left :wink: . But I think we’re nearing the end at least, so the rest will have a chance to catch up :laugh:

On 11/17/2018 at 1:16 PM, LittleJohn said:

Thanks! I should have clarified before, but that isn't actually water, per se; it's meant to be the the ocean floor, under the actual water (which is shown in the update picture below)....

Ohhh... that makes so much more sense now, sorry, i should have looked at the reference pic first. :blush: (In fact, i think i have that reference pic myself in an 'future builds' folder somewhere, heh) I think i was confused by the shimmering ocean floor... knowing what it is now, it reminds me of those 'pools of death', such as Cenote Angelita in Mexico. The update looks cool - i like the cave, although i'm not a huge fan of the modified facet bricks for angled rockwork. 

My entries to challenge II. Unfortunately, real life obligations caused the Amphitheater of Barqa to never materialize past experimenting with the geometry. Looking back on it I would have had to plunder a lot of old builds for figs to populate it... But maybe the idea can be reused some other challenge :wink:

Scores from the second period free builds are in!

Mitgardia - 150 gold
Avalonia - 134 gold
Kaliphlin - 130 gold
Varlyrio - 115 gold

Which means the overall standings are as follows:
Avalonia - 347 gold
Mitgardia - 273 gold
Varlyrio - 247 gold
Kaliphlin -  239 gold

Good work everyone with your Challenge II entries, and we'll be working on judging those entries next :classic:

Hello there, some of you may know me  already from BoBS :) I want to join Kaliphlin and I'm already working on an Entry ;) I'll post my SigFig here soon...

1 hour ago, Legonaut said:

Hello there, some of you may know me  already from BoBS :) I want to join Kaliphlin and I'm already working on an Entry ;) I'll post my SigFig here soon...

Welcome to the best guild! :wink:  Looking forward to meeting your sig-fig!

4 hours ago, Legonaut said:

Welcome to Kaliphlin, we're glad to have you! Looking forward to seeing your builds for the best guild :classic:

On 5/14/2019 at 8:49 PM, Legonaut said:

Welcome! The sand and palm trees should be familiar from BoBS :pir-classic:

Life is going on as usual in Shinmizu village!

46954021135_4dbe74ec53_z.jpg

With such great categories I had to build something despite all the too short nights of having three kids and the pressure of a new and more demanding job. Happy to finally have gotten around to using all of my hieroglyph pieces, which so far hadn't found a place in any of my "modern" Kaliphlin MOCs.

Another really fun build. Some great entries from Kali this challenge, great job guys :sweet: 

The results for the third free build challenge period:

Avalonia: 171 gold
Mitgardia: 114 gold
Varlyrio: 69 gold
Kaliphlin: 0 gold

Current standings:
Avalonia: 678 gold
Mitgardia: 501 gold
Varlyrio: 409 gold
Kaliphlin: 331 gold

We need to get our act together!

Edited by soccerkid6

22 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

The results for the third free build challenge period:

Avalonia: 171 gold
Mitgardia: 114 gold
Varlyrio: 69 gold
Kaliphlin: 0 gold

Current standings:
Avalonia - 574 gold
Mitgardia - 461 gold
Varlyrio - 316 gold
Kaliphlin -  275 gold

We need to get our act together!

Oh...I got a couple of builds that are coming up in a little while (aside from the temple which I already posted), so I’m trying! :laugh:

I've been meaning to continue Nolana's story, but I've been caught up with a move and now all my bricks are unsorted in giant bins.  It'll be a while before I can get going again...

Got 4 builds in so far for this free-build period, but looking around it seems like I'm pretty lonely in the desert :laugh: . Anyone got anything on the way? 

On 9/10/2019 at 2:33 PM, adde51 said:

Got 4 builds in so far for this free-build period, but looking around it seems like I'm pretty lonely in the desert :laugh: . Anyone got anything on the way? 

Not at the moment, but working on clearing my build table to be ready for the next challenge. Just hoping that the deadline will be far enough out so that there will be enough time to get a build done after Skaerbaek :classic:

Nothing yet here either, though I did get a bunch of pieces for the roof of my next (planned) large GoH MOC a while back!

On 9/11/2019 at 3:54 PM, Gideon said:

Not at the moment, but working on clearing my build table to be ready for the next challenge. Just hoping that the deadline will be far enough out so that there will be enough time to get a build done after Skaerbaek :classic:

Otherwise we can just whip something together down in Skaerbaek :grin:

On 9/11/2019 at 4:24 PM, Kai NRG said:

Nothing yet here either, though I did get a bunch of pieces for the roof of my next (planned) large GoH MOC a while back!

Looking forward to it!

Challenge results are in. Congrats to @Gideon for his winning Cat. B entry!

The gold won from the challenge:

Mitgardia: 55.5 = 56 gold
Avalonia: 39.833 = 40 gold
Kaliphlin: 33.5 =  34 gold
Varlyrio: 0 = 0 gold

Overall gold standings:

Avalonia: 718 gold
Mitgardia: 557 gold
Varlyrio: 409 gold
Kaliphlin: 365 gold