Kai NRG

Book III - Kaliphlin: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Thanks Issac, Basiliscus! :classic:

Just got around to re-photographing my cog - topic is here.

Kaliphlin Cog 2

Good to get back in the swing of things!

29891395787_83d2f5654e.jpg

Dario Keturah, born in the frozen tundra of Mitgardia, was framed for a crime and sold into slavery along with his wife and children, by his brother several years ago.

After their master sold them to an even worse one in Kaliphlin, Dario promised his family they wouldn't live that life forever. He began fighting in the

arena pits of a small but bustling town to win their freedom. For years he killed, and for years he was denied his freedom, until one day, when

a man of religious roots decided to revitalize the town for the good of the gods. Now he serves as the town's military general, taking orders from the priest

that gave him and his family their freedom. 

[This isn't the final look of the character, and his whole family along with major side characters will be posted in the near future.]

Edited by Windusky

Hey Windusky, good to see you in Kaliphlin!  Were you in Mitgardia before?  I added this picture to the first page, let me know when you've got one you'd like to switch it out for.

Nice to see your sigfig Windusky, even if it is a provisional one. :thumbup: Looking forward to the full introduction later! Where is your character and his family based, btw? :classic:

I, Sir Patman the Lionmane, pledge my loyalty to the Kaliphlin Guild

44144418724_21b0276d9e_b.jpg

Backround Story; 

Sir Patman the Lionmane, was a simple man until recently, evicted from his home due to the war. After Queen Ylspeth took the throne, and stability was established, he desided to get back to his ruined family property to start over his life, in peace.

When he returned to his ruined house and he started reconstructing it from the ground, he descovered a sealed room, full of armors, weapons, some royal documents and the deeds of the City of Neapolis which were in the name of his Great-Grandfather, the first Sir Lionmane.

Having no family left to ask for any piece of information regarding his family's unknown history and backround, he exercised his legal birthright to use the title of Sir Lionmane that he was inherited, and started his quest to find more information regarding Neapolis, having in his possession only few clues.

ps. I would like to apologise for not including a banner with the colours of Kaliphlin, but I am still waiting to receive an order i made with the dark blue flags of the Guild.

Welcome to the Guilds, @Patgeo! Nice character introduction, and I look forward to seeing some builds from you. 

Also, as far as I am aware, regular red and regular blue are the official colors of the guild, unless @Kai NRG changed that; but I see builders using dark red and dark blue all over the place, or even some combination of the different shades. So all I am saying is that you don't need to worry about dark blue in the banner specifically. Oh, and in the future, banners can be brick-built, too, rather than made from the official flag pieces if you don't have the flags available. 

But that's neither here nor there. Welcome again!

[Edit: I just re-read the first post and I guess she did change that! Or else I was sadly misinformed the whole time before Book III...]

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

I'm quite sure that regular red and dark blue were the original Kaliphlin colors.
But dark red and regular blue have also been used quite frequently instead of one or both of the official hues.
(I think that is quite historically accurate that there are differences "within" the colors due to different dyers having different recipies etc :classic: )

Thank you very much for the welcome and for clarifying the thing about the flags! 

I am glad to be in the guild and i am looking forward for some builting! 

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

I'm quite sure that regular red and dark blue were the original Kaliphlin colors.
But dark red and regular blue have also been used quite frequently instead of one or both of the official hues.
(I think that is quite historically accurate that there are differences "within" the colors due to different dyers having different recipies etc :classic: )

Well, if Gideon says so, I have been wrong my whole time in the Guilds! Whoops! Good thing I am an Avalonian and not a Kaliplinian, as that would have been tragically embarrassing to have my own guild colors confused!

Kaliphlin's colors are definitely dark blue and red - from the first post:

On 8/1/2018 at 2:15 PM, Kai NRG said:

Kaliphlin's colors are red and dark blue, so show your guild pride by including a banner with your minifigure when you sign up!

But using dark red and/or blue is fine too.  And unless I have been woefully mistaken about the colors ever since I signed up in Book I, they've always been dark blue and red. :laugh:  I do think that neither of our previous first posts actually stated what our colors were, but the use of red and dark blue by Dextrus Flagg was taken as conclusive I guess.

6327341651_e332b5d8e7.jpg

Welcome to Kaliphlin @Patgeo!

Edited by Kai NRG

5 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

And unless I have been woefully mistaken about the colors ever since I signed up in Book I, they've always been dark blue and red.

That's doubtful, I'd have to say...

Far more likely that I am wrong! And I am wrong, I admit it. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Let's just say that dark blue is a color which doesn't last very well in the intense UV radiation of Kaliphlin and tend to get lighter blue over time? :wink: 

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

I do think that neither of our previous first posts actually stated what our colors were, but the use of red and dark blue by Dextrus Flagg was taken as conclusive I guess.

I looked up the exact same picture to verify that I wasn't mistaken myself :tongue:

Good btw that the new "leader portrait" of the Desert King is made without third-party parts!

Welcome to the guild indeed!

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Good btw that the new "leader portrait" of the Desert King is made without third-party parts!

Seconded! :grin: 

On 9/23/2018 at 6:10 AM, Gabe said:

Nice to see your sigfig Windusky, even if it is a provisional one. :thumbup: Looking forward to the full introduction later! Where is your character and his family based, btw? :classic:

I'll be revealing that info in a post soon!

On 9/23/2018 at 1:05 AM, Windusky said:

@Kai NRG I was not. My previous guild was Avalonia, but this is a wholly new character with his own backstory.

Oh my, how could I have missed this? Windusky, why? :wink: 

I have to concede its a cool sigfig, the little red cape looks great!

5 hours ago, Windusky said:

@TitusV My last official build for GoH was probably in 2016. So it's understandable! :laugh:

Aye, but still, it was an Avalonian build :tongue: 

No, just kidding, you'll be doing great in Kali (just remember to drop by every now and than)

@TitusV I will! And I may occasionally have a few callbacks to my old sigfig  :wink:

Edited by Windusky

On 9/28/2018 at 8:40 AM, Windusky said:

@TitusV I will! And I may occasionally have a few callbacks to my old sigfig  :wink:

Good to hear!

Who knows, maybe he'll even meet Arthur one day...

Sorry fellow guildies, looks like i am running true to form being unable to post my shipyard in time for the challenge I deadline. :cry_sad: Unfortunately i have had more pressing dealines.. i finish up my Master's degree in early November and have had a slew of final assessments to complete. I'll keep working on the shipyard though and submit it later as a freebuild.

Had a quick peek through the entries though and wow, there are some sweet ones! Gideon's temple is amazing. :wub:

Hope everyone is doing well - i may not be around too much over the next fortnight, but i should have lots more time after that! :excited:

Too bad we'll have to wait longer to see your build, but take your time on it, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

It's all good Gabe! I'm looking forward to it! 

Also my Challenge I entry is here. It includes a bit of setup for my sigfig's story, so if you guys are interested in that, be sure to check it out!