Kai NRG

Book III - Kaliphlin: Guild sign-up and Discussion

@Peter S and @adde51

Great sigfigs and backstories! Looking forward to seeing the dusty and prosperous cities of western Kaliphlin grow :classic: 

Especially excited where such a productive builder as you @adde51 will take Mophet!

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

@Peter S and @adde51

Great sigfigs and backstories! Looking forward to seeing the dusty and prosperous cities of western Kaliphlin grow :classic: 

Especially excited where such a productive builder as you @adde51 will take Mophet!

Haha, I hope I can make it something interesting. Have to read up a bit on the requirements for HSS but looking forward to giving it a go! And hopefully make Mophet a town/city that can attract the good residents of Barqa. Probably way too excited about this than I should, haha! 

4 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

@adde51 Great to see you in the guilds! I'm sure you'll have some spectacular Kaliphlin MOCs :excited:

Thank you man! Should be a lot of fun :sweet: 

Hello, returning member here signing up for Kaliphlin. I didn't get to participate as much as I would have liked in Book II but I'm hoping to change that with this new character.

Also, I'll try to get a better photo up soon.

artorias_500x500.jpg

Artorias is a warrior and member of the Majai, a mysterious order who has sworn to protect Kaliphlin from the shadows. Having lost his mother at birth, he was raised by the Majai after his father surrendered him to the order before passing away in combat shortly afterwards. Growing up in the Majai's remote monastery he was trained in the arts of swordsmanship and archery since his childhood. He proved to have promising talent but his adventurous personality would often invite trouble. Though despite his youthful recklessness, he has dedicated himself to the protection and prosperity of the people of Kaliphlin.

Edited by Merc4Hire

It's good to see so many members, both new and old, joining the greatest guild! I can't wait to see all the builds you all come up with. :excited:

5 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Welcome to Kaliphlin @adde51 !  Looking forward to seeing your city grow!

Thanks man! Working on a market as well as an agriculture-build, so things are moving forward :wink:

Indeed, a warm welcome to the new Guildies, and its good to see some 'oldies' return!

1 hour ago, LittleJohn said:

It's good to see so many members, both new and old, joining the greatest guild! I can't wait to see all the builds you all come up with. :excited:

Absolutely true, Avalonia is getting lots of members these days :tongue: 

Since I am just getting started with GoH, and since I am planning on trying to expand and make Mophet into something interesting, I was wondering if any of you know anything about it? I have been trying to read up but there seems to be little information about it, and not a lot of builds made so far (which suits me perfectly since I am looking forward to developing it the way I want, haha!). I have found a herald made by Ska from a couple of years ago and also got some tips from @Gideon on where it is located, etc. But any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

7 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

All I remember from Mophet is Gideon's excellent The Fighting Pit of Mophet, which you may have already seen!

I've seen it, but thanks! Trying to get as much info as possible but it seems pretty "unexplored" so I guess I can go nuts :laugh:. I've been peeking quite a bit at Gideon's stuff so I think I got a pretty good idea of the look I'm going for. Cheers man! 

I don't recall if the length of the oil road was ever established, but I guess we can probably say that it is about 2 weeks by caravan between Petraea and Barqa? In that case Mophet is located very strategically half-way for goods to change hands :wink: 

9 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I don't recall if the length of the oil road was ever established, but I guess we can probably say that it is about 2 weeks by caravan between Petraea and Barqa? In that case Mophet is located very strategically half-way for goods to change hands :wink: 

Haha, sounds good to me :wink:

I haven't settled on a sigfig yet, but know that this year my allegiance is to Kaliphlin! Excited to join you guys!

1 hour ago, Windusky said:

I haven't settled on a sigfig yet, but know that this year my allegiance is to Kaliphlin! Excited to join you guys!

Welcome!  Looking forward to your sigfig!

2 hours ago, Windusky said:

Have fun with all the sand, and you're always welcome to come over and join a tree hugging party if you want to :classic: 

Hey all;

It's been a while, but i'm excited to be getting back into GoH again! I hope it's ok, but i'm wanting to run two characters - the reason for this is that they are connected. I still want to tell the story of Erudhalion/Erland's journey with Runa Hoskuldottir (for backstory, see this thread), but also introduce a new character to show how things are getting on at home in Erudhalion's absence.

My new character is Anuar, Erudhalion's chief political decoy for years, but as unlike his lord in temperament as he is alike in appearance. Anuat has spent most of his adult life sequestered in Erudhalion's main palace in Peregrinus, where he has led a pampered life and has grown used to idleness. He is vacillating, retiring and philosophical in temperament, and would rather spend the day in the library than seeking action or adventure. Although trained in combat as part of his duties, he has no enthusiasm for the martial arts, and is a mediocre fighter at best. However, he is dutiful in carrying out his professional obligations, which have taken on a new seriousness  since Erudhalion's disappearence during the Kaliphlin civil war. The high priestess Nammuat, who is a political power in Peregrinus in her own right, has persuaded Anuar to step into Erudhalion's persona on a more or less continuous basis, until he can be found. Nammuat fears that in the current climate of political instability, Peregrinus could easily become embroiled in destructive struggles for power without a strong, visible leader. The problem is, Anuar is none of those things, despite looking like his employer. Nammuat intends to do whatever it takes to ensure that Anuar becomes convincing enough in his new role to stave off political turmoil or worse - if he can survive long enough! 

Anuar and Nammuat

Anyway, let me know what you think! Do you think it has potential as a storyline, or is just a bit trite? Just to clarify, i intend Anuar to become my main character for guild purposes, but i will not be abandoning Erudhalion just yet! Keen to hear your thoughts! :)

Sweet! - great to see you in GoH again, mate!  Excellent build and hilarious backstory, I'm definitely looking forward to what you do with it! :rofl: :thumbup:

It's always been fine to tell multiple characters' stories, so I don't see why your plan wouldn't fit really well!  Lovely intro build, great choice of colors and I really like the divan and table areas built into the walls.  Welcome back!

Good to have you back Gabe, and with such a nice intro build as well :thumbup:  Lovely window design!

4 hours ago, Gabe said:

Great to see another Kaliphlin build from you! Looking forward to seeing more... :thumbup:

@Gabe Great to have another of the long-time builders back! Lovely interior, especially the window and the wall decorations :classic:

@Mike S Congrats to 3k posts :thumbup: