Henjin_Quilones

Book III - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Avalonia! I sure have missed you! Been so busy at work with this C*rona going on! :sad:

I have built though! Have a couple of builds that I´ve to edit and then publish!

Glad to be back!

On 11/3/2020 at 12:53 AM, Grover said:

I have some of those same grey armor torsos... do you find that they have a weak connection?  All of mine require very little force to remove the legs.  Kind of annoying.  I'm wondering if I got a bad batch or they were all like that.

Apologies for the late reply. Yes all my black torsos with the grey armor don't have the strongest connection but I actually don't mind it as I think it decreases the risk of torso cracks.

Hello guys! It's been a long time (around 3 years :look:) since I have been participating in GoH or even building at all, but I have finally started building again (for now). I have read up at little on the Book 3 challenges and entries, and caught up on the general gist of the story up to this point, so now its time to once again reaffirm my loyalty towards the mighty guild of Avalonia.

50688244081_fc08643c11_c.jpg

I, Dan , re-declare my support for the mighty guild of Avalonia. Formerly a lord of Avalonia hailing from the settlement of Araluen , Dan unfortunately lost his title after disappearing without a trace and failing to show up for his lordly duties. Nowadays Dan travels throughout all of Historica as an adventurer; exploring, fighting, and helping those in need. Despite this,he remains a staunch defender of Avalonia and remains in close contact with his all of his former allies and friends.

Edited by LordDan
Fixing issues

hi, i am wondering as to wether one can have character in a guild who you do not want to be your main character. I have a character who is part of my main characters story who is avalonian, but i want to be part of kaphlin.  sorry to bother you all !!!!! - valon

Yes, you can have as many side characters as you want!

Just now, valon said:

thank you Mister kai !!!! i will post my characters later !!!!

Welcome!  And, as Kai said, yes, you can have lots of side characters.  My main character is Avalonian, but has an important side character from Varlyrio.  I look forward to seeing your stories!

@LordDan, welcome back! Great to see you around here again. 

@valon, welcome to the Guilds, and yes, have as many side characters in other guilds as you would like! We’re happy to see more Avalonians out there, even if they are just side characters!

what is a good website to use for photos that is free, brickshelf will not let me create a folder

1 minute ago, valon said:

what is a good website to use for photos that is free, brickshelf will not let me create a folder

Flickr. It’s what most folks are using.

18 minutes ago, valon said:

is flickr free ?

Yes - though there are ads on the website. As a regular user, I think they're tolerable.

In order to remove the ads, you would have to pay for FlickrPro. 

I’m a free user, and I find the ads slightly annoying, but not enough to shell out the cash. Maybe when I have more money I’ll upgrade, but for now I’m ok with the minor annoyance. 

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I find the ads slightly annoying, but not enough to shell out the cash

That's a good way to put it...

are you able to post builds that are set in other guilds ? i want be in kaphlin, but i mostly have avalonian building peices so alot of my builds will be in avalonia sorry to bother you !!!! - valon

1 hour ago, valon said:

are you able to post builds that are set in other guilds ? i want be in kaphlin, but i mostly have avalonian building peices so alot of my builds will be in avalonia sorry to bother you !!!! - valon

Sure, we do that all the time. In the last challenge, everyone had to build in Varlyrio, even though most of us are not in that guild. I’ve built in Nocty, in Kali, in Mitgardia, and in Varlyrio, in addition to other lands that are not in the guilds at all, despite being a member of Avalonia. 

On the other hand, there are parts of Kaliphlin that are nearly identical to Avalonia in climate and culture. The whole thing is not all sand! If you have lots of green, there are parts of the realm you could build in (mostly the northwest, but probably the east coast on the far side of the mountains, too, where the weather moves from the ocean and dumps its moisture as it moves over the mountains, causing the desert on the other side) without any issues. You don’t need a king’s ransom of tan elements to be a Kali builder. You could even build grey castles in Kaliphlin if you wanted to!

Though if you want to build in Avalonia, you can do that, too. We like visitors!

introducing my first avalonian side character !!!! sir galahad de lintizian walked through the woods of avalonia, on a random quest, he had been yelled at into going to a small house belonging to the extremly wealthy lord green, who told him he had a mission of great importance " galahad " he said " i do not apologize for yelling at you, but let me tell you this quest " " ok ?' " galahad find" replied finding what lord green just said confusing 50698724481_ba6593e67a_c.jpg

" i need you to help me with something " lord green said " ok ? " galahald replied think that that was logical50698805207_3c5e9d9417_c.jpg

" something has been stolen from me, something of great importance to me and to johnn- er the desert king " he said " it was stolen when several people wearing weird hats and green tights ran into this house, stole the object when asked who they were ran around in a circle and yelled " we are the forestman we are the forestman we rob from the rich and give to the us "   galahads lack of expression made lord green glare at him 50697978798_e4d7c597e1_c.jpg 

" this object is of great importance and there song was very very stupid, i need you to get this back for me " " ok ? " galahad replied " for your reward " lord green said, you can keep that gold cup and take the staute of the elven god behind me " seeing that galahad did not know what he was talking about, he said " the gold thing with the leaves on top of it " " ohhhh " galahad said " it is worth 4 villages " lord green said back glaring at him 

galahad thought of this while waking through the woods, he wondered what the object was and why it was important he had no idea how hard it would be to get this object back

Edited by valon

On 12/7/2020 at 4:30 PM, socalbricks said:

Yes - though there are ads on the website. As a regular user, I think they're tolerable.

In order to remove the ads, you would have to pay for FlickrPro. 

On 12/7/2020 at 5:39 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

I’m a free user, and I find the ads slightly annoying, but not enough to shell out the cash. Maybe when I have more money I’ll upgrade, but for now I’m ok with the minor annoyance. 

On 12/7/2020 at 7:03 PM, socalbricks said:

That's a good way to put it...

AdBlock people, AdBlock.  Surely you aren't performing your LEGO internet browsing on a mobile device with a tiny screen?  So much detail you miss out on!  So much time wasted via typing comments with only your thumbs!  :grin: :wink:

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Team Historica @Zilmrud and @Full Plate built an Avalonian castle as their final build in the Swedish edition of Lego Masters!

https://www.tv4play.se/program/lego-masters-sverige

(Will we get to see a MOC thread here at GoH with your build too...? :classic: )

Are there any still pictures that those of us not in Sweden can see?  I can't log in without paying to the link you sent.

39 minutes ago, Grover said:

Are there any still pictures that those of us not in Sweden can see?  I can't log in without paying to the link you sent.

Yeah Hopefully they can post it here.  Don't know the rules of being on the show might not allow it.  

17 hours ago, Grover said:

I watched it for free (with ads) in their app ”TV4 play”, but had to create a free account to access it. Maybe it’s only possible if your IP address is in Sweden...

17 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Yeah Hopefully they can post it here.  Don't know the rules of being on the show might not allow it.  

I think they were limited in taking own pictures, but they were given photos by the production team to share on social media. 
Here are a few on @Zilmrud’s Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIwRX2PpPm1/?igshid=6cnm4zx0u4u1

and @Full Plate’s:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIvLCbipo7I/?igshid=goksjgx27lox

I assume that EB is also considered a social media so at least these photos could be used in a MOC thread :classic: 

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

I watched it for free (with ads), but had to create a free account to access it. Maybe it’s only possible if your IP address is is Sweden...

I think they were limited in taking on pictures, but they were given photos by the production team to share on social media. 
Here are a few on @Zilmrud’s Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIwRX2PpPm1/?igshid=6cnm4zx0u4u1

and @Full Plate’s:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIvLCbipo7I/?igshid=goksjgx27lox

Hi guys

As seen above we did it to the finals i Lego Masters Sverige, myselfe and @Full Plate as a team. We called our team "Knights of Historica". And our final build (free build) was a landscape with a windmill, a castle and a dragon in Avalonia :grin:

I will post our build as soon as we have time to write the story down.

We have only a few crap pics from the production to share.

But I took the liberty to take some screenshots of the show. I uploaded them to Flickr now.

I hope you like it =)

Printscreens album on Flickr

I filmed a video with my phone also:

Edited by Zilmrud