Henjin_Quilones

Book III - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Welcome, @Raegon! Glad to have you in the best guild! I'll get you added to the members list in the first post soon.

I look forward to seeing what you build! The fig looks great. 

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Welcome to GoH!  We have a Discord server for a bit of informal chatting, but everything important happens on the forums.

"This invite may be expired, or you might not have permission to join.

50 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Welcome, @Raegon! Glad to have you in the best guild! I'll get you added to the members list in the first post soon.

I look forward to seeing what you build! The fig looks great. 

Thanks! Glad to be here. I'm a beginner to MOCs, but eager to do my best and enjoy it!

2 hours ago, Raegon said:

"This invite may be expired, or you might not have permission to join.

:look:  Might be time to update the New Members guide... is that a non expiring invite @Henjin_Quilones?

6 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

:look:  Might be time to update the New Members guide... is that a non expiring invite @Henjin_Quilones?

No, unfortunately. It only stays active for 7 days. I'm not sure there are non-expiring Discord invites. Something to look into, perhaps. 

@Kai NRG, this link will never expire: https://discord.gg/4UPpRSdCsW

"I, Bayawarra, of the Inner Marsh Jerboans, third son of the second litter of Dewi the White and Mabo the Resolute, declare for Avalonia!"

Deep within the Enchanted Forest, the Jerboans were one of many private races that traced their origins back to the druidic days. Living close to nature, they seldom built great cities or waged wars but they did play their own small role. Bayawarra was one of a small Jerboan militia that travelled south to assist their Elvish neighbours in battle against the resurgent Drow. With the defeat of the Drow, Bayawarra struggled to fully return to the forests and was seen more commonly by the people of Notomys, a small fishing village on the coast of the Enchanted Forest. Together with his litter mates, Bayawarra traded furs for gossip and a little coin. 

Profile pic

Hi everyone, excited to be joining Guilds of Historica from New Zealand. I'll hopefully have a couple of builds up soon. I've basically finished a Jerboan trappers' camp and have been having fun preparing for the CMF challenge. Really inspired by the builds I have been seeing and have enjoyed reading up on some of the lore already.

Cheers

Danny

Edited by Eyrezer
Fixing link

@Eyrezer, welcome to the great guild of Avalonia! I’ll get you added to the first post soon. I love the creative minifigure, and it’s always great to see new species in the guilds!

On 8/27/2021 at 5:25 AM, Eyrezer said:

"I, Bayawarra, of the Inner Marsh Jerboans, third son of the second litter of Dewi the White and Mabo the Resolute, declare for Avalonia!"

Deep within the Enchanted Forest, the Jerboans were one of many private races that traced their origins back to the druidic days. Living close to nature, they seldom built great cities or waged wars but they did play their own small role. Bayawarra was one of a small Jerboan militia that travelled south to assist their Elvish neighbours in battle against the resurgent Drow. With the defeat of the Drow, Bayawarra struggled to fully return to the forests and was seen more commonly by the people of Notomys, a small fishing village on the coast of the Enchanted Forest. Together with his litter mates, Bayawarra traded furs for gossip and a little coin.

Hi everyone, excited to be joining Guilds of Historica from New Zealand. I'll hopefully have a couple of builds up soon. I've basically finished a Jerboan trappers' camp and have been having fun preparing for the CMF challenge. Really inspired by the builds I have been seeing and have enjoyed reading up on some of the lore already.

Welcome!  Great to have you, and love the creative use of some of the more interesting figures!  I can't wait to see the trappers' camp!

Thanks @Grover. I've ended up getting diverted onto another build that will likely make it up first, but the trapper's camp will get here eventually!

Walt Herboï : The water carrier

Walt Herboï - The water carrier

Walt carries two large buckets of water attached to the ends of a sturdy pole on his shoulders. He has brought water from the river to his village every day since he was old enough to take on the task.

The two buckets, however, are pierced; part of their precious contents is lost drop by drop.

At the end of the long walk from the stream to the village, the pierced water buckets always arrive half empty. This happens every time, day after day.
For many years Walt has only delivered half of the water collected from the river to his village.

Many villagers laughed at the ineffectiveness of the water carrier. However, after a few years of what was perceived by many to be a pittance ... the results became visible: All along the path taken by the water carrier each day, the once dry and dusty trail was bordered by vegetation lush.

Through his labour, Walt Herboï is committed to honor the colors of Avalonia ... drop after drop, brick after brick.

Arïl « the bow »

Arïl « the bow »

Walt Herboï lived all his childhood without ever knowing his mother whom he knew died when giving birth to him.

Recently, his father, who was a knight member of the dragon clan, told him a secret before disappearing in turn: his mother was an elf.

If she had not died that day, the life of young Walt - Arïl for his mother - would have been quite different.

This revelation had a significant impact in the life of the young man who now decided to join the dragon clan ... but also, secretly to get closer to the elves in order to know more about his mother.

The fibula he own which belonged to his mother will provide proof of his lineage.

From now on, he will be Walt Herboï for humans and Arïl « the bow » for elves.

Edited by Sympatik Brik

9 hours ago, Sympatik Brik said:

Walt Herboï: The water carrier

Walter carries two large buckets of water attached to the ends of a sturdy pole on his shoulders. He has brought water from the river to his village every day since he was old enough to take on the task.

The two buckets, however, are pierced; part of their precious contents is lost drop by drop.

At the end of the long walk from the stream to the village, the pierced water buckets always arrive half empty. This happens every time, day after day.
For many years Walt has only delivered half of the water collected from the river to his village.

Many villagers laughed at the ineffectiveness of the water carrier. However, after a few years of what was perceived by many to be a pittance ... the results became visible: All along the path taken by the water carrier each day, the once dry and dusty trail was bordered by vegetation lush.

Through his labour, Walt Herboï is committed to honor the colors of Avalonia ... drop after drop, brick after brick.

Welcome to Avalonia! It’s great to have you in our great guild. I do think your link is broken, however, since it does not lead to anything. For linking pictures, it is much better to use the BBCode function of Flickr, rather than just posting the URL. A helpful tutorial can be found here. Again, welcome, and I look forward to seeing what you build!

My picture was private. Is this better now i put it in public mode? I don’t se the BBCode from my phone. I’ll try later from my computer.

For the 1st task… should I show my avalonian’s Minifigurine or all of these that fit with GOH’s universe?

Edited by Sympatik Brik

Welcome to Avalonia! I can now see your picture of Walt, so that seems to be working.

What a diligent water boy.

Walt Herboï and the dragon clan

Walt Herboï and the green dragon clan

Arïl « the bow » and the forest elves

Arïl « the bow » and the elves

Here are my two avalonians armies so far : the clan of the dragon clan and the forest elves.

In the middle of each pictures, you’ll see my sigfig Walt Herboï / Arïl "the bow".

I therefore wish to carry out my I & II tasks with this publication.

Here is my sigfig backstories:

Edited by Sympatik Brick

2 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Awesome armies, @Sympatik Brick! Glad to see some fierce warriors protecting our realm. My only question is, why are the elves so angry?

Probably annoyed at still being the good guys in history(ca) :D

My participation in the CMF competition also explains the slightly more belligerent character than the average of the king and the queen.

And finally, Lego edited all the faces of Lotr's and Hobbit's elves double-sided ... but it is true that I could have asked them to smile for the family photo!

1785615989_IMG_0264(1)(1)(1)(1).jpg.3399fe5eeda79973fafb870f4a03fe56.jpg

Name: Tyranis Borg

Weapons of Choice: His Trusty Battleaxe   

Backstory: Is a ex fighter in The Furnace a place of pain and suffering where Tyranis was sold into by his father there he learned the ways of war and combat after many years of endless fighting in that gladiator arena he escaped bringing whoever wanted to help him in his goal to save slaves and make sure everyone is has the freedom that he didn't have, (more on the furnace it was built inside of a volcano so Tyranis barley remembers the forests that is why he moved to Avalonia, So he now lives on the border of Avalonia and Mitgardia )

@Sympatik Brick Bienvenue! Bon, mois je construis pour Mitgardia et (pour l'instant) pas pour Avalonia, mais ça fait plaisir de croiser un nouveau français! :pir-huzzah1:
Hrm. Back to english. Very nice army - especially the warrior queens. Walt's story seems most intriguing, looking forward to learn more about its development! 

@Tanuk1 Welcome to GoH! Your sigfig sports a very nice helmet and axe - may I ask where they come from?

On 11/1/2021 at 2:26 PM, Aurore said:

@Sympatik Brick Bienvenue! Bon, mois je construis pour Mitgardia et (pour l'instant) pas pour Avalonia, mais ça fait plaisir de croiser un nouveau français! :pir-huzzah1:
Hrm. Back to english. Very nice army - especially the warrior queens. Walt's story seems most intriguing, looking forward to learn more about its development! 

@Tanuk1 Welcome to GoH! Your sigfig sports a very nice helmet and axe - may I ask where they come from?

Hi Aurore.

Nice to see other French people here too! And nicer to see their incredible builds!

I don’t think that the helmet of Tanuk1 is a genuine Lego (i can be wrong!) but I can answer for the axe: old lego Castle axe with axe part (from Viking sets) fixed on it.

Edited by Sympatik Brick

On 11/1/2021 at 11:24 AM, Sympatik Brick said:

don’t think that the helmet of Tanuk1 is a genuine Lego (i can be wrong!) but I can answer for the axe: old lego Castle axe with axe part (from Viking sets) fixed on it.

The Helmet is indeed fake i completely forgot to check it was with a friends lego pile that i bought but the axe is real also if i need to choose a new helmet please tell me

5 hours ago, Tanuk1 said:

The Helmet is indeed fake i completely forgot to check it was with a friends lego pile that i bought but the axe is real also if i need to choose a new helmet please tell me

The helmet is from brick warriors.  I have several of those helmets in different colors.  They do make some nice stuff.  I actually have a nice little faction with that helmet in white.  

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd just pop in to say hi. Nice to see you guys are still around :)