Henjin_Quilones

Book III - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

On 12/10/2020 at 9:47 PM, mrcp6d said:

AdBlock people, AdBlock.  Surely you aren't performing your LEGO internet browsing on a mobile device with a tiny screen?  So much detail you miss out on!  So much time wasted via typing comments with only your thumbs!  :grin: :wink:

No, not on a tiny mobile screen, but I also choose to put up with ads on sites that put them there for a reason, namely that that is how they generate their revenue. Flickr is free, which means they have to make money somewhere else, and if I block the ads while using the site, and not paying for the ad-less version, it's like I'm stealing the revenue that makes my free service available. And it is only mildly annoying, as I said, so I put up with it. 

And @Zilmrud and @Full Plate, awesome job representing Avalonia and all of Historica in general! That's an awesome castle and dragon. 

I "rebooted" my sigfig, Kars. I posted about him a couple of years ago, but I have since rewritten his backstory, personality, etc, along with completely changing his appearance.

51106491133_2df20563d0_z.jpgKars (GOH sigfig) by socalbricks, on Flickr

As a bounty hunter with a strange mask and tracking skills bordering on the supernatural, Kars is an enigma. Though generally good natured, Kars is a man of few words, and only opens up to people he is really close with. As someone who is always on the move, he is often non-committal, sometimes to chagrin of others. However, when he does make a promise, it might as well be regarded as a legal contract. 

Kars wears a mask of unknown origin at all times. He partially lifts it up to eat and drink, but no man has seen the entirety of his face. 

As far as anyone knows, Kars has no fixed home. However, he spends most of his time in Avalonia. 

Despite his stoic exterior, Kars is fairly good-natured, and tries to minimize stress in his line of work as much as possible. As someone who views himself as a detective, keeping a level head is crucial. Despite this, Kars can struggle with overthinking/overanalyzing things, and often “spaces out” when deep in thought.

Standing at 6’4” (1.93 m) and possessing a lanky build, Kars’ naturally long stride allows him to cover ground quickly. However, when tracking footprints, etc. he takes on an almost hunched, crawling form, keeping his face as close to the ground as possible. 

Kars is an skilled artist, an avid fisherman, does not understand sarcasm, and has an extreme fear of cockroaches.

Edited by socalbricks

That's a bad-ass minifig, very nice combo!:excited:

2 hours ago, socalbricks said:

and has an extreme fear of cockroaches.

That's gold:laugh_hard:

On 4/10/2021 at 3:02 AM, Ecclesiastes said:

That's a bad-megablocks minifig, very nice combo!:excited:

That's gold:laugh_hard:

Thanks! I have similar feelings regarding cockroaches - write what you know! 

On 4/10/2021 at 6:34 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

@socalbricks, looks great! Sounds like he could get his own series on Disney+!

Thank you!

The Mandalorian (and by extension, The Man With No Name) were both inspirations for the character, along with Terry Grant (aka "Mantracker"), Jeremy Wade, and myself (mainly the bits about "spacing out" and the fear of cockroaches). 

Edited by socalbricks

23 minutes ago, socalbricks said:

Thanks! I have similar feelings regarding cockroaches - write what you know! 

Thank you!

The Mandalorian (and by extension, The Man With No Name) were both inspirations for the character, along with Terry Grant (aka "Mantracker"), Jeremy Wade, and myself (mainly the bits about "spacing out" and the fear of cockroaches). 

Nice I like the reference to Jeremy Wade.  Great looking fig.  

On 4/10/2021 at 8:36 PM, zoth33 said:

Nice I like the reference to Jeremy Wade.  Great looking fig.  

Thank you!

On 4/11/2021 at 5:59 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

By the way, @socalbricks, I know of a place that seems to be offering bounties on orcs, if Kars wants to make a few coins. 

Thanks for the tip! That certainly looks promising...

Glad to see a build from you Henjin!

I did a build myself too for the guilds after a long period of not posting.

I built for Avalonia again, just dont mind the flag colors, they are like neutral-vassal relation with Avalonia. :wink:

I'm on a roll now, my third Avalonian build in three months, and this time it's a continuation of my sig-fig's story, too. Which I hadn't touched in over two years...

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

@Zilmrud and @Grover, I finally updated the map with your settlements...hopefully the Royal Cartographers Guild of Albion got the locations and spellings correct..

Woo hoo!  On the map!  Thanks @Henjin_Quilones!  Can't wait to see Druidham on there next! 

8 hours ago, Grover said:

Woo hoo!  On the map!  Thanks @Henjin_Quilones!  Can't wait to see Druidham on there next! 

You’re welcome! I hope to get it on there soon, but it’ll probably be another two years at the rate I have been building for the Guilds…

On 7/8/2021 at 3:28 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

@Zilmrud and @Grover, I finally updated the map with your settlements...hopefully the Royal Cartographers Guild of Albion got the locations and spellings correct..

That's awesome! Where can I see the map?

24 minutes ago, Zilmrud said:

That's awesome! Where can I see the map?

The first post in this thread. And my Flickr page.

Hello @Raegon and welcome to GoH - it is not too late to sign up.  While Book 4 will start late this year, there is no reason to wait to start building!

51353868177_cee685b797.jpg

Eldon, son of Eurilion (House Elandril)

Race: Elvish
Current Outfit: Travel Attire

Eldon son of Eurilion, returns to Historica from Vinyamar, a western isle nine days journey across the Ferron seas, where he was trained for 10 (ten) years by the Elder's. Eldon is overjoyed to finally be returning to Historica to declare his allegiance to Avalonia, and take his place as leader of the Welanwaë City Guard and his seat at Welanwaë's High Council. His father, Lord Eurilion and his mother Alemie wait eagerly at the docks for Eldon's Return. As leader of the Welanwaë City Guard, Eldon will lead 6 (six) Archer Squadrons, 5 (five) Swordsmen platoons and 3 (three) Cavalry forces, prepared to protect Welanwaë - and as called on, with this militia, fight for the glory of Avalonia.

51369747663_f1e4d1baae.jpg

I, Eldon son of Eurilion, hereby pledge my allegiance to Avalonia.

Eldon's Travel Attire

Head: 3626cpb0753
Headwear (Hood): 30381
Torso: 973pb2397c01
Body Part (Arms): 981 and 982
Legs: 970c00pb0729
Coat: Custom
Utensil (Bag): 61976
Tile, Decorated (Compass): 3070bpb052
Weapon (Sai): 98139

Is there a Discord Server, or Facebook group for this community? Or all done through EB forum?

Edited by Raegon

1 hour ago, Raegon said:

Is there a Discord Server, or Facebook group for this community? Or all done through EB forum?

Welcome to GoH!  We have a Discord server for a bit of informal chatting, but everything important happens on the forums.