Henjin_Quilones

Book III - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

On 10/20/2019 at 8:10 AM, Grover said:

I don't think it's a big deal.  Folks have changed their character names on here before.  Especially since you haven't posted any story MOCs yet, I don't think it's a big deal at all.

On 10/21/2019 at 8:40 AM, Kai NRG said:

Yes, I think it'd be fine too, just be tolerant if anyone happens to spell it the old way. :grin:

Thank you!

Most of the action takes place in the Enchanted Forest, and the meetup before and after are in Belinya Avalonia.

Hi everyone! I have question regarding magic in Historica. I'm trying to implement it in to one of my characters (a mage) but I have no ideas what the "rules" for these sorts of things are. Is magic something you must be born with? Is it something that anyone can harness? Is it something else entirely?

52 minutes ago, socalbricks said:

Hi everyone! I have question regarding magic in Historica. I'm trying to implement it in to one of my characters (a mage) but I have no ideas what the "rules" for these sorts of things are. Is magic something you must be born with? Is it something that anyone can harness? Is it something else entirely?

Rules? What rules? 

If you want your character to use magic, they can. They could have learned it, or been born with it, or cursed with it, or whatever-you-want with it. It all depends on what you want your story to be. The only rule is that you can't claim to be the most powerful _______ ever known in Historica. But there are as many variations on how magic works in GoH as there are builders, so whatever you introduce is good. 

34 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Rules? What rules? 

If you want your character to use magic, they can. They could have learned it, or been born with it, or cursed with it, or whatever-you-want with it. It all depends on what you want your story to be. The only rule is that you can't claim to be the most powerful _______ ever known in Historica. But there are as many variations on how magic works in GoH as there are builders, so whatever you introduce is good. 

Thank you!

Congratulations to @Grover for winning Challenge IV!

The gold won from the challenge:

Mitgardia: 55.5 = 56 gold
Avalonia: 39.833 = 40 gold
Kaliphlin: 33.5 =  34 gold
Varlyrio: 0 = 0 gold

Overall gold standings:

Avalonia: 718 gold
Mitgardia: 557 gold
Varlyrio: 409 gold
Kaliphlin: 365 gold

We slipped a bit in our gold collection, but we still have the lead. 

Just now, mlongworth said:

So it gas been quite a while since I've been here or built at all really. Wondering if I can pick up where I left off.

Absolutely! There is no reason you can't just resume what you had been working on. We'd love to see you building again!

I am so ready to build again. Unfortunately all my previous builds were destroyed. But I'm ready to start rebuilding my village. Any contests underway?

13 hours ago, mlongworth said:

I am so ready to build again. Unfortunately all my previous builds were destroyed. But I'm ready to start rebuilding my village. Any contests underway?

You should definitely hop into Challenge V, as Grover said. But there are no Avalonia-specific contests afoot for now. But whether you enter or not, we're happy to see you back!

Not sure I will come up with something for this. But my entire collection needs resorted so time for that and work on hss

Sir Henry Drake of Avalonia

SirHenryDrakeSmall-2.jpg

Thought lost for many years, he turned up unexpectedly in the capital city of Albion, having not aged a single day. At first seen in glimpses around Albion, and thought just a ghost or rumor, he has materialized in full daylight to the surprise of onlookers.
Before he disappeared his was extremely loyal to the Guild of Avalonia, but since he has returned so unexpectedly, no one is sure what his intentions are.

8 hours ago, Grover said:

Bob the unemployed Avalonian plumber returns.

Glad he got some work! More like Bob the sporadically-employed Avalonian plumber.

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

7 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Glad he got some work! More like Bob the sporadically-employed Avalonian plumber.

True!  Somehow, 'Bob the not-continuously-employed Avalonian plumber' just doesn't have the same ring to it! lol

New freebuild for Avalonia, and another box checked for the HSS!

Edited by Grover
link

As many of you waited for this moment! The collection of the origin stories of my mercenary band!

The Wolves of Avalonia

Hope you will enjoy it, but most of you already read about them. :D

Now is time to leave the past, and start building something in our present!

If my calculations are right (someone please check this):

From the last challenge:

Mitgardia: 64 gold
Avalonia: 61 gold
Kaliphlin:  37 gold
Varlyrio: 56 gold

Overall gold standings:

Avalonia: 779 gold
Mitgardia: 621 gold
Varlyrio: 465 gold
Kaliphlin: 402 gold

Double checked the math - that looks right, unless we missed an update somewhere (last one was January this year far as I can see).

On 10/24/2020 at 3:14 PM, Bardan_Jusik said:

Finally gotten around to fleshing out my idea after waaay too long. Hope this qualifies as a freebuild. 

I have some of those same grey armor torsos... do you find that they have a weak connection?  All of mine require very little force to remove the legs.  Kind of annoying.  I'm wondering if I got a bad batch or they were all like that.