Henjin_Quilones

Book III - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Fellows Avalonians, fellows Historican,

@Henjin_Quilones's mini-challenge reminded me that I still had to update my sigfig for Book III, so here we go. I'm pleased to introduce Laesonar, Half-elf 2.0 [a.k.a. Laelariel version].

Hope you guys like it as much as I do :classic: Yes, the background isn't really white - that tan hair made things complicated.. :sadnew:

46940872632_647353747e.jpg

Needless to say, Laesonar remains a member of the best Guild - Up Avalonia! Long may the Green Dragon fly!

Indeed looking good en_zoo, I really like his (yellow) facial expression :grin:

18 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

@en_zoo, looks good! Too bad it's not fleshy, but it still looks good...

18 hours ago, TitusV said:

Indeed looking good en_zoo, I really like his (yellow) facial expression :grin:

haha thank you both!  :classic:

Scores from the second period free builds are in!

Mitgardia - 150 gold
Avalonia - 134 gold
Kaliphlin - 130 gold
Varlyrio - 115 gold

Which means the overall standings are as follows:
Avalonia - 347 gold
Mitgardia - 273 gold
Varlyrio - 247 gold
Kaliphlin -  239 gold

Good work everyone with your Challenge II entries, and we'll be working on judging those entries next :classic:

Whoa! I hadn't realised those ice-lovers had been so productive! :oh: Yet gogogo Avalonians, still solidly at the top!

Fingarfelin

Fingarfelin - A Hermit that lives right outside the woods of Eldford. Part of the family leadership of the small town, Fingarfelin is third in line to run the town as a leader if the occasion arises. He loves nature above all else, although he is a hermit, he is somewhat social, but he is welcomed by few. He is somewhat clumsy and the only weapon he is able to wield is an axe. His parents have sent him away to be himself and he sticks to his few friends that he has.

Anyways, this is super rushed and will be updated later, I just need to get a character intro in case I want to compete in the Avalonian Mini-Challenge.

Up Avalonia!

Also, how do I make it a smaller pic?

Edited by TheLordOfBricks

On 2/5/2019 at 12:31 PM, en_zoo said:

@Henjin_Quilones I'm pleased to introduce Laesonar, Half-elf 2.0 [a.k.a. Laelariel version]. 

On 2/5/2019 at 2:05 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

@en_zoo, looks good! Too bad it's not fleshy, but it still looks good...

Great to see more half-elves in GoH :thumbup:
My take on the skin colors when I joined GoH (6 years ago) was that yellow was normal humans and flesh elves (mainly because of that almost all elven hair pieces had flesh ears), but that the CMF elf hair I used was a half-elf.

I even made a small build for my sigfig intro to explain the skin color of my sigfig :classic:
8508645314_e4c299e4c6.jpg
Love in Avalonia by Jonas Wide, on Flickr

Gideon; the scene reminds me of  Game of thrones!!! Gideon is Jon Snow! King in the nor.. I mean Barqa!:sweet:

On 2/10/2019 at 12:37 AM, de Gothia said:

Gideon; the scene reminds me of  Game of thrones!!! Gideon is Jon Snow! King in the nor.. I mean Barqa!:sweet:

Maybe heir to some grove of trees in the Mystic Isles at least...? :wink:

On 2/9/2019 at 11:42 PM, Gideon said:

Great to see more half-elves in GoH :thumbup:
My take on the skin colors when I joined GoH (6 years ago) was that yellow was normal humans and flesh elves (mainly because of that almost all elven hair pieces had flesh ears), but that the CMF elf hair I used was a half-elf.
I even made a small build for my sigfig intro to explain the skin color of my sigfig :classic:

Hey thanks Gid, good to hear from you! :classic: And haha, indeed I knew that Lord Gideon of Barqa is the most famous half-elf in GoH, but I didn't know about that build of yours! :laugh:

I thought so many times of going fleshy just because of those elf-pieces, but now the 'new' female pointy ears have alleviated the tension :grin: I saw a few people painting the other pieces yellow, some with nice results actually, like this one, yet I'm always a bit wary of modifying original bricks.. :sadnew:

Oh and hey, Avalonians, well done with the challenge entries! Let's keep this up! :dhappy:

Edited by en_zoo

I present you Bastyan Irondeer.

I, Bastyan Irondeer, hereby pledge my allegiance to Avalonia!

33280576398_f64c6b41bb.jpg

Bastyan was the youngest son of Lord Brynn Irondeer. He was sure that one of his older brothers would become father's successor so he decided to leave and have a life he would enjoy the most. That made him adventurer, mercenary, explorer, some may even say a buccaneer. He spent over ten years travelling and fighting for money and adrenalin.

But when he had found out that all members of his family were killed and family estate was destroyed, he knew that it is his duty to return, find guilty, revenge his kin and restore Irondeer's good name.

It's kind of Robin Hood rip off but I hope you and I will have a great fun sorting out that mistery and following Bastyan's story.

Welcome in the greatest guild @BardDandelion! I saw your builds on Flickr, I really enjoy the Warhammer themes. For Bastyan's story, it's almost the shorter version, of my sigfigs, Conrad's story. :D

Welcome @BardDandelion!  Love the sigfig.  It's the knight's torso and legs from the CMF, the caveman hair/beard, and what's the head?  I like the story as well and look forward to reading more!  If the pics on Flickr are anything like what you build for GoH, we are in for a treat!

@TheLordOfBricks, I think your sigfig pic is broken again, just FYI.

@kahir88 I was afraid that may be common thing in stories here but needed some explanation why he was absent, so whatever. I'm not a writer, I just like to build. :D

@Grover Thank you. I have no idea where does that head come from. It's some bearded man, probably from City. If I find out, I can text you if you wish. ;)

@Henjin_Quilones @de Gothia Thank you for such a warm welcome. :)

Don't forget to build something for the minichallenge, Avalonians! Who will the next ruler be? It's only 16x16, so there's no excuse* for not doing something, even if it isn't your best work. 

*Ok, so there are some excuses, like your house burned down with all of your bricks inside, or you got into a car crash and broke both arms, or your wife is in the hospital and you have to take care of your 10 kids all by yourself...

36 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Don't forget to build something for the minichallenge, Avalonians! Who will the next ruler be? It's only 16x16, so there's no excuse* for not doing something, even if it isn't your best work. 

*Ok, so there are some excuses, like your house burned down with all of your bricks inside, or you got into a car crash and broke both arms, or your wife is in the hospital and you have to take care of your 10 kids all by yourself...

I'm done with the vignette, but I have to wait for the white background to ensure something that looks similar to a real photo :classic:

On 2/21/2019 at 4:00 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

haha :laugh: well my excuse, actually a reason, is that the build is ready but I'm missing a small piece for a roof which is in a BL order which I placed 12 days ago and isn't here yet! :sadnew: So, I'll give it a couple of more days, else I'll have to take a pic and then somehow crop it to enter it on time... I should be able to make it.

Holy macaroni! Soon there will be a new king or queen in our beloved guild!