Henjin_Quilones

Book III - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Just now, Henjin_Quilones said:

It works now.

The general rule is to not exceed roughly 600x800 pixels in dimensions (or 800x600, depending on orientation), which is usually the largest of the Medium options for pasting BBCode from Flickr. I'm no expert but it looks like your pic might exceed that, but I would not worry excessively about that. In the future try to keep them in the upper-medium range to make it easier to view (too small and people can't see what it is) without going too big. 

ok thanks!

4 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Excellent! Glad to have you in the best guild! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask them. Folks around here are generally quite helpful and nice, with the exception of @TitusV...

(Just kidding about the TitusV part...he's one of the nicest)

@The Last of Nergoue: of course he's not kidding! I tend to get offended very quickly and say very nasty things too (about sand and snow, just to give some examples. Or megablocks, or even worse: pumpkins!) :devil_laugh: *

But hey, welcome to the guild with the on average least internal struggles (not thinking of Varlyrio right now). That is, if @Henjin_Quilones and myself aren't active at the same time! **

* Only true if someone has actually said something not very positive about Avalonia. Trashtalking is my favoured business, I'm sure you'll notice :laugh: 

** Only true if... If... Well, never true actually. He's a great fellow to be online with at the same time, I'm sure you'll notice as well!

9 hours ago, The Last of Nergoue said:

ok so here is my character. 43423326145_739648e777_z.jpgGoH Intro by Last of Nerogue, on Flickr

Name: Darion 

Darion is a merchant and captain of the ship Hawkmoon. Generally he uses this ship for law abiding trades but from time to time he is known to do some trading outside of the law.

Welcome! Also everyone, I got him to come over here, also got him to join Avalonia. ;)

5 hours ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Welcome! Also everyone, I got him to come over here, also got him to join Avalonia. ;)

Good work! Now go get some more!

4 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Good work! Now go get some more!

Heh, there is one other guy on here with an EB account that was part of my wheat windmill collab. :) I'll try and get him over. :)

2 hours ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Heh, there is one other guy on here with an EB account that was part of my wheat windmill collab. :) I'll try and get him over. :)

Nice job, the more Avalonians the merrier! (or even more Historicans in general :classic: )

Now you can go and visit the hidden city of Zamorah!

43660880924_482a3ef592.jpg

Read all about it here:

Hi !

I was delay to post my new sigfig aspect but here it is !

Lord Faladrin of the city of Falahuas is once again, pledging allegiance to Avalonia.

44333328222_2e51700962_z.jpg

Exiled from his birth village after the death of his father and the slaughter of his village by The Drow when avalonia was at war, Faladrin wandered around the Mystical Forest to survive.

He lived from hunting and gathering a while. But when tracking down a deer in the forest he fell upon strange creatures which attcked him. He fell unconscious hit by a poisonous arow and thought he was dead when he was saved by an elf Lady who succeded at making the creatures step back. She healed him a long time and saved his life.

He fell in love with the Lady Elf named Wallaheria and they got married. But the Drow continued their carnage and reached the elf domain. The battle was hard and the Elfs were outnumbered. The Drow destroyed and Pillaged the Elf country and ruined the Liitle city of Falahuas; their main port.

Faladrin, accompanied by a group of human wanderers and outcasts chased the Drows and developed the work to rebuild and reconnect Falahuas to the rest of Avalonia. He repaired the main roads and rebuilt some outposts. With the help of the Avalonian protection, the city of Falahuas was saved and now, with the fall of Lord Raavage, the Drow are defeated. It is time to rebuild and to heal.

The elf techniques allowed the little city to grow a great fleet of high sea capable vessels which enabled Faladrin to explore new oppotunities at sea. He is hoping to develop more new commercial routes now. It will be time for exploration !

Edited by Faladrin

I was already wondering what you were wainting on... Welcome back, @Faladrin!!!

Also, do I spot one of your famous apples over there? :grin: 

53 minutes ago, TitusV said:

I was already wondering what you were wainting on... Welcome back, @Faladrin!!!

Also, do I spot one of your famous apples over there? :grin: 

Thanks !

And yes ! You've seen one of my famous apples ! :laugh: I will try to develop the apple trade here too... :grin:

Lord Wineyard is pledging allegiance to Avalonia.

44422360492_32abdf5911_c.jpg

Little is known about the man whocalls himself “Lord Wineyard”. Some say that he is a secret bastard of a highly regarded nobleman. Others say that he is an orphan raised in the streets of Albion, Avalonia’s capital. Regardless of his earlier background, he has now made a name for himself by being a skillful assassin and a ruthless mercenary. Throughout his adventures he has made a fortune trough killing and looting. Now he plans to settle down and live a more peaceful life, in harsh contrast to his dark and questionable past.

@Wineyard, great to have you in Avalonia! The build you have for the intro deserves its own thread, and looks spectacular! I look forward to seeing your future builds and reading about Lord Wineyard. I can only imagine that his old life will catch up to him eventually...

Welcome Wineyard.

Expect great works from our local masterbuilder. :wink:

Edited by dalle

Welcome to the coolest guild, Wineyard! Amazing sigfig and intro build, with these roof support deserving some extra attention for sure :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Wineyard said:

Lord Wineyard is pledging allegiance to Avalonia.

44422360492_32abdf5911_c.jpg

Little is known about the man whocalls himself “Lord Wineyard”. Some say that he is a secret bastard of a highly regarded nobleman. Others say that he is an orphan raised in the streets of Albion, Avalonia’s capital. Regardless of his earlier background, he has now made a name for himself by being a skillful assassin and a ruthless mercenary. Throughout his adventures he has made a fortune trough killing and looting. Now he plans to settle down and live a more peaceful life, in harsh contrast to his dark and questionable past.

Welcome Lord Wineyard! That's awesome you joined GoH and the best Guild! Seeing forward to see your amazing builds in GoH!

Welcome Wineyard! Great to finally see you in GoH, your style fits perfect in Avalonia! Although I dare say that some of you recent builds would have been even more fitting for Varlyrio :classic:

Hope that we will get a great GoH table in Borlänge in May :wink:

Last time it was on the southwest border ran right under the river.

29 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

@mlongworth, where is Helenia on a map? I would like to add it to the official Map of Avalonia as a hamlet, but I don't know where to put it. 

Last time it was in the southwest corner on the kaliphin border

2 hours ago, mlongworth said:

Last time it was on the southwest border ran right under the river.

Last time it was in the southwest corner on the kaliphin border

On the coast, or further inland?