Henjin_Quilones

Book III - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

3 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

It is element number 6160464. It came in three 2017 SW sets, all based around the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One

Thanks!

I must admit there's one or two star wars helms that could be used in a medieval setting, but it has to be the right place right time thing. Gonna look through all my star wars helms and see if anything works. 

Edited by cablefoxley

26 minutes ago, cablefoxley said:

I must admit there's one or two star wars helms that could be used in a medieval setting, but it has to be the right place right time thing. Gonna look through all my star wars helms and see if anything works. 

I've been tempted to use the Senate Guard clone helmet before, myself. I haven't yet, though I have used the torso from the commander. 

I used the torso here, for an Elvish Eagle-rider: 

32849826141_6678845a21.jpg

In the right context, perhaps the Geonosis trooper's torso could work, but I'm not sure what context that would be for Historica. Perhaps a desert wanderer in Kali or Varlyrio could wear it, or something, but the pattern on it makes it harder to use. 

edit: After looking more closely, the variant with the straps could work decently well, with the right accessories (cloak, shoulder armor, weapons, different legs, maybe different arms, and head gear) to make it look like weather-stained leather armor. 

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Fittingly with my previous post, from yesterday, I present today my build of Ovenntrie Castle, where eagle-riding elves like the fig above are known to stop and trade news. 

Princess Rhiannon is loyal to Avalonia. And is accepting refugees from other countries as seen here the first arrives from Kaliphin.

44225606171_07a9a2ed08_c.jpg

fixing link to show picture

1 hour ago, mlongworth said:

Princess Rhiannon is loyal to Avalonia. And is accepting refugees from other countries as seen here the first arrives from Kaliphin.https://flic.kr/p/2ao4MVe

Excellent! Can we get a picture of Princess Rhiannon to put in the first post?

6 hours ago, mlongworth said:

Princess Rhiannon is loyal to Avalonia. And is accepting refugees from other countries as seen here the first arrives from Kaliphin.https://flic.kr/p/2ao4MVe

Welcome!  I love the pic!  Look forward to the story!

On 8/24/2018 at 12:05 AM, mlongworth said:

Welcome for sure!

A neat little build as well, though maybe embedding the image would allow us to admire it even better? :wink: 

1 hour ago, TitusV said:

Welcome for sure!

A neat little build as well, though maybe embedding the image would allow us to admire it even better? :wink: 

Unfortunately I'm working strictly with my phone and haven't figured out how to do that

13 hours ago, mlongworth said:

Unfortunately I'm working strictly with my phone and haven't figured out how to do that

I don't know how Flickr works on mobile, but with a desktop you'd tap/click the little share arrow, and instead of using the direct linkt you'd use the BBCode provided in the same window...

8 hours ago, TitusV said:

I don't know how Flickr works on mobile, but with a desktop you'd tap/click the little share arrow, and instead of using the direct linkt you'd use the BBCode provided in the same window...

It's the same on mobile however it's extremely hard to copy the BBcode. I've done that once and I would give it a 1/5 on Google reviews, it's not a pleasant experience. :grin:

FIRST TASK

img_8008.jpg
Arfelan Spearmen: these troops fight with a spear and shield, they are the front line for an assault or serve as defense screen for the entire army , there are different formations they can adapt on battle and among their ranks there are also the Solitari, spearmen that fight out of the formation creating havoc among the enemy lines. These are dependable and well trained soldiers, that will hold their ground no matter what.

img_8012.jpg
Agleon Archers: excellent marksmen and women that are renown for their accuracy and precision with the arrow and bow, they serve as explorers, garrison guards, scouts. Their usage on the battlefield is always located on the third rank, behind swords, axes and pikes. If the fight comes close they can use a small sword or dual knives but preferable to disengage and find a more suitable terrain where the arrow and bow take advantage again. They are deadly in an ambush.

img_8015.jpg
Ardethain Infantry: composed of swordmen, axemen and wizards this is a force that charges on the battlefield with devotion to the Lady of Light, although they form as a unit on the second rank of the army they usually fight on the field on small groups, seizing the correct time when to charge, faint, hold or retreat. Among their ranks can be found a few elves and fauns of the forests.

img_8020.jpg
Alantie Cavalry: The finest horsemen on the land, there is no other cavalry force that can be compared to these riders of the plains, their endurance, valor and skill are recognized even on the halls of Cedrica, the warhorses they ride are from a rich legacy that remounts to the Age of Strife, and they are direct descendants from the Flight of Dragons mounts.
The backbone force is composed from the three principals branches of the families in the plains: Arfelan, Agleon, Ardethain. They serve Lord and Land from their capital Alantie.

img_8018.jpg
Integrum Cavalry: If the Alantie cavalry is the elite of the plains, then the Integrum are the elite of the elite, these shock troop horses, are the last sight they enemies behold before been trampled by the huge force of the dark guard in the plains, although their appearance may seem as dark and somber, these men are devoted to Justice. They serve as magistrates bringing law to the land and serving the people. 

SECOND TASK
img_8021.jpg
From left to right:
Atair Agleon,
cavalry forces commander.
Julian Arfelan, count of Arfelan, ruler of the Arfelan plains.
Antar Ardethain, first minister, advisor.

img_8017.jpg
Lucia Ark, explorer, head of the Agleon archers, priest.
Grante von Reunthal, statesman, duelist, first advisor, historian.
Marengo, chief of security, first bodyguard, trainer of guards.

Edited by Niku

These are some epic warriors Niku! :dsweet:

I really like the use of the death LOTR soldiers, though maybe changing their arms to dark green or so would have them look a bit less like zombies? On the other hand, the archer with the masked face just scares the megablocks out of me, so that could be a tactic too :wink: 

23 hours ago, TitusV said:

These are some epic warriors Niku! :dsweet:

I really like the use of the death LOTR soldiers, though maybe changing their arms to dark green or so would have them look a bit less like zombies? On the other hand, the archer with the masked face just scares the megablocks out of me, so that could be a tactic too :wink: 

Thank you Titus, glad you like them. Currently I found the uniforms good as they are, they really pop up, and given our tree heritage it seems proper to have various shades of green in our uniforms. Oh yes the masked archer, sometimes people of other lands get confused that Avalonians are just tree huggers and tight users, a little reminder to those that easily forget it. :wink::grin:

22 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Nice looking figs! I am glad the plains have such impressive soldiers looking after them. 

Thank you Henjin, these men serve Arfelan and Avalonia with devotion. :classic:

I am not super familiar with the Guilds of Historica (or Eurobricks in general for that matter) but after looking through all of the guilds i think i will join Avalonia and i should be able to make a character and get a photo up in the next day or so.

58 minutes ago, The Last of Nergoue said:

I am not super familiar with the Guilds of Historica (or Eurobricks in general for that matter) but after looking through all of the guilds i think i will join Avalonia and i should be able to make a character and get a photo up in the next day or so.

Excellent! Glad to have you in the best guild! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask them. Folks around here are generally quite helpful and nice, with the exception of @TitusV...

(Just kidding about the TitusV part...he's one of the nicest)

ok so here is my character. 43423326145_739648e777_z.jpgGoH Intro by Last of Nerogue, on Flickr

Name: Darion 

Darion is a merchant and captain of the ship Hawkmoon. Generally he uses this ship for law abiding trades but from time to time he is known to do some trading outside of the law.

Edited by The Last of Nergoue

5 minutes ago, The Last of Nergoue said:

I think i fixed, but is it too big?

It works now.

The general rule is to not exceed roughly 600x800 pixels in dimensions (or 800x600, depending on orientation), which is usually the largest of the Medium options for pasting BBCode from Flickr. I'm no expert but it looks like your pic might exceed that, but I would not worry excessively about that. In the future try to keep them in the upper-medium range to make it easier to view (too small and people can't see what it is) without going too big.