Henjin_Quilones

Book III - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

I have to say that the map is so good looking! Nice to see some of our cities there as well!

Yes, I want to re-do some of the tasks. My sons have become bigger and my fellow comrades older. 

The castle will have to wait.. Now I´m building the walls around Sionnach strong! :classic:

I'm going to give this Bricklink order one more day to see if my torsos arrive, then I'll be posting tasks 1, 2, and 3. 

@Henjin_Quilones For Task 4, How big does a settlement need to be to get on the map? I'm planning on stopping mine when it hits Town size, since that's as big as I imagine the area really supporting.

@de Gothia Is there a place I can find everything your character has done? 

@AilhbeA settlement needs to meet at very least the hamlet requirements, though of course villages, towns, and cities are even better! A town would definitely get you on the map. 

And de Gothia's Book II builds, at least, can be found here, if you scroll down to his name. I don't know if he has kept a running log of all of his builds ever, though that would certainly be impressive to behold if he has. You could also click on his avatar and go to his profile, and then look at his content, filtering for the topics he has created - though it it is four pages long!

57 minutes ago, de Gothia said:

HQ has the answer! :) 

My flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/67716994@N06/

But I think its better to go to the topics I´ve created!

Have you made an index of your builds somewhere? Otherwise it’s an enjoyable exercise to go through all your own builds in a post with pics and links to the topics and tie them together with a summary of the overall story betweenr the builds :classic:

Thanks for the links. I decided to put my Tasks 1, 2, and 3 in a separate thread, since they got kind of big together. 

I re-post my Sig-fig too. Just to be sure.

42157427430_379fdcc261_n.jpg

Conrad with his band of sellswords, the Wolf Brigade, will keep Avalonia, as their headquaters.  His most trusted generals, are on the road, to spread the word, and expand their little army.

Edited by kahir88

23 hours ago, Gideon said:

Have you made an index of your builds somewhere? Otherwise it’s an enjoyable exercise to go through all your own builds in a post with pics and links to the topics and tie them together with a summary of the overall story betweenr the builds :classic:

No I haven´t done that. But it would be fun though to see all the builds in GoH! :)

Kahir: Love those figs!! The wolfpack is one of my favourite factions from the golden era!:wub:

43308141704_c6fca202dd.jpg

Parzival is a half-elf from Avalonia. Parzival is in the beginning of the tale an adventurer in the search of his origins and heritage. Where he's from and his relation to Avalonia is unclear at the start of his tale. Where his loyalty is at this point is also not clear.

Parzivals journey starts in Kaliphlin as a slave to the merchant called Iron fist. Parzival has a memory loss because of a magic spell of some sort. He doesn’t know his true name yet and is called Z. The other slaves also have memory loss. The merchant has many different slaves that he is going to sell at a market in Mophet as gladiators in Mophet, mineworkers in Qarkyr or other depending on the buyer’s needs and interests.

This is the crew of slaves that Parzival has teamed up with.  
They all have memory loss inflicted to them by a magic spell. 
Until they have regained their memory they have got nick names (from the left):
1. Right eye (man, thief)  
2. Hammer (man, warrior)
3. Z (first name Parzival, half-elf, druid) 
4. Pointy (elv, rouge)
5. Hooves (faun, mage)
6. Left eye (man, warrior)

43308141754_8a3b92c910.jpg

In the end Parzival will end up in The city of Zamorah. More of the city here: 

Edited by Zilmrud

(Fourteen days too late, but here we go! Also, cheers to @Henjin_Quilones, who's doing an amazing job :thumbup: )

I, Arthur, am ready to take up the arms for Avalonia - or anyone else, if they pay enough and fight for a worthy cause!

42014196105_1b26bf8c21_c.jpg

Backstory: clouded in mystery, but don't you worry: it will be revealed.

Location: originating fromt the no-longer-established county of Drond's Feelds, now wandering all of Historica but a settlement may follow one day, in the far future... Be ensured it will be close to the Mitgardian border though!

3 hours ago, TitusV said:

or anyone else, if they pay enough and fight for a worthy cause!

Interesting *throws some money in the air* :grin:

@Zilmrud Welcome to the Guilds! Although you unfortunately picked the wrong guild I’m very much looking forward to having Z’s adventures in Kaliphlin as your backstory develops :wink:

Good to see more builders using the same distinction as me between yellow and flesh colored figures with the former as humans and the later as elves :classic:

1 minute ago, Gideon said:

@Zilmrud Welcome to the Guilds! Although you unfortunately picked the wrong guild I’m very much looking forward to having Z’s adventures in Kaliphlin as your backstory develops :wink:

Thanks man! It was a hard decision to choose Guild.... But after all, my journey starts in Kaliphlin and I think we are going past Barqa as well ;)

8 minutes ago, Zilmrud said:

Thanks man! It was a hard decision to choose Guild.... But after all, my journey starts in Kaliphlin and I think we are going past Barqa as well ;)

Welcome to Barqa! 

Stay safe! After all the turmoil in Kaliphlin and the decimation of the Barqan city guard the city is not as safe as it used to be... :wink:

@Zilmrud, great to have you in the Guild! I will get you added to the member list shortly. 

@TitusV, looking good! Nobody else can pay you as much as the treasury of Avalonia has been authorized to transfer to Arthur's account, so don't bother looking around. The gold taken from the Drow after they were soundly defeated at the Battle of Green Leaf Pass is quite the pile...

2 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

@Zilmrud, great to have you in the Guild! I will get you added to the member list shortly. 

@TitusV, looking good! Nobody else can pay you as much as the treasury of Avalonia has been authorized to transfer to Arthur's account, so don't bother looking around. The gold taken from the Drow after they were soundly defeated at the Battle of Green Leaf Pass is quite the pile...

So the government basically decided to instant-convert his profession from mercenary to treasure holder, if I get it right? :wink: 

Oh wait, I don't think it was time to reveal the mercenary-thing yet... :look: Well, story to follow guys, story to follow! :grin: 

Edited by TitusV

Just now, TitusV said:

So the government basically decided to instant-convert his profession from mercenary to treasure holder, if I get it right? :wink: 

Is there really a significant difference between mercenary and treasure holder? That is what a mercenary wants to be, at least, and the only reason he fights for one side over the other; all I am saying is that we're willing to pay more for top-notch talent than the other guys.

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Is there really a significant difference between mercenary and treasure holder? That is what a mercenary wants to be, at least, and the only reason he fights for one side over the other; all I am saying is that we're willing to pay more for top-notch talent than the other guys.

Arthur hasn't proven anything yet, don't make him blush :wink: 

But you sound pretty convincing, I think Avalonia would find some very willing sellswords if ever they need 'em!

Aye, as a leader of a mercenary army, gold is everything. And don't came with the, "you can't buy happiness" talk. You can buy kittens, and kittens are happiness!

43986717592_0c265b116e_n.jpg

Edited by kahir88

7 minutes ago, kahir88 said:

Aye, as a leader of a mercenary army, gold is everything. And don't came with the, "you can't buy happiness" talk. You can buy kittens, and kittens are happiness!

:laugh: :iamded_lol:

Nice kitten collection! 

27 minutes ago, kahir88 said:

*snipped image*

Now you've got me nailed down! :laugh: Ah, the lovely life of a mercenary...

3 hours ago, TitusV said:

Arthur hasn't proven anything yet, don't make him blush :wink: 

But you sound pretty convincing, I think Avalonia would find some very willing sellswords if ever they need 'em!

I think for the right pay, a retired lord would grab his sword :angel_sing:

44032432531_1dc7b7dfa2_c.jpg

Dalle d'Updale

The youngest son to the duke of Updale.

He lives now a carefree bacelors life in the duchy.

The jovial Dalle vill find himself in a number of adventurous situation. Many capture in bricks.

I'm kind of new here at GoH. I have choosen the Guild of Avalonia. Hope it will be a sucess story! :classic:

Edited by dalle

@dalle: welcome to the guilds, man! You have defenitely made the right choice :wink: 

Also, a very sweet sigfig. May I ask where the torso is from?

Edited by TitusV

20 minutes ago, TitusV said:

@dalle: welcome to the guilds, man! You have defenitely made the right choice :wink: 

Also, a very sweet sigfig. May I ask where the torso is from?

Thanks!

The torso is King Theoden (973pb1181c01).