soccerkid6

Book III - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

11 minutes ago, Flaming Bricks said:

How do I play lads! To the castle we march! :knight:

Just read the pinned threads and it tells you exactly what to do to get started. No need to post questions about it when you haven't read the documentation yet.

2 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Just read the pinned threads and it tells you exactly what to do to get started. No need to post questions about it when you haven't read the documentation yet.

You're right I'll read this parchment and prepare for battle! ONWARD!

Also Whats up castle crew! I'm willing to take on any task you give me 

On 2/4/2022 at 12:39 AM, Flaming Bricks said:

You're right I'll read this parchment and prepare for battle! ONWARD!

Also Whats up castle crew! I'm willing to take on any task you give me 

Welcome Flaming Bricks! After you've created your character and introduced them, these ongoing Mitgardian Challenges are a great place to start:

Community Build: Landscapes of Mitgardia, Dwellings of Mitgardia

Mitgardia free-build-challenge: Age of Mitgardia

I just had a strange -if not entirely unpredictable- experience with minifig customization. I just purchased ten of this torso to fill out the ranks of my Mitgardian regulars, and was going about swapping out the dark red arms for green, when I realized that the right arms of the assembly were a slightly different plastic than the left arms. I didn’t have to look too closely to visibly see the difference, but the real kicker was when I actually pulled the arms out, and nine of the ten right arms snapped at the socket. The left arms all came out without any issues. The torsos themselves were all fine as well. 

Of course, the age of the assemblies most likely had something to do with exacerbating the differences, but I still thought it seemed noteworthy. I just thought it strange that arms would be so dramatically different in quality, in the same color (nominally), and within the same torso assembly.

@The Stad When you were removing the arms, were they at the same relative angle about the centerline of the torso?  The socket joint of the arms have that split down the middle and I wonder if pulling them out with one arm twisted forward and the other backward would create the wrong stresses on the arms that broke.

On 3/19/2022 at 5:27 PM, The Stad said:

and nine of the ten right arms snapped at the socket.

The only issues I've ever had removing arms has been with dark red arms. I've noticed this with a number of older dark red pieces (not just arms). The plastic seems very brittle and can break easily. It seems (fingers crossed) to have been corrected in more recent issued dark red parts.

On 3/19/2022 at 2:27 AM, The Stad said:

I just had a strange -if not entirely unpredictable- experience with minifig customization. I just purchased ten of this torso to fill out the ranks of my Mitgardian regulars, and was going about swapping out the dark red arms for green, when I realized that the right arms of the assembly were a slightly different plastic than the left arms. I didn’t have to look too closely to visibly see the difference, but the real kicker was when I actually pulled the arms out, and nine of the ten right arms snapped at the socket. The left arms all came out without any issues. The torsos themselves were all fine as well. 

Of course, the age of the assemblies most likely had something to do with exacerbating the differences, but I still thought it seemed noteworthy. I just thought it strange that arms would be so dramatically different in quality, in the same color (nominally), and within the same torso assembly.

Could also have to do with how they were stored and if the torsos were used or new.  I have some of those from  the older sets but have not tried to take the arms off.  

Dark Red is just as bad as Reddish Brown for breaking and cracking. I've had more D. Red pieces break on me in the last few months then R. Brown pieces.

@mrcp6d I tried them from all different angles, and that didn’t seems to make any difference. Like @Ayrlego and @MKJoshA said, the dark red plastic seemed to be the deciding factor. The weirdest part was that the right arms were a visibly different plastic than the others, and it seemed uniform (not like they had been stored with one side in sunlight or something). I think the only blessing is that I don’t have a huge need for dark red arms. I doubt I’ll ever try to convert them back from Mitgardians in the future.

@The Stad Yikes! That's frustrating. Don't recall any arms breaking on the viking torsos I had swapped them on, but dark red especially from that era is certainly prone to cracking.

New little freebuild up:
Overview.jpg

Hey guys, it's me, Simon. I have been active here until Spring 2016 and now I thought it's time to come back and build some stuff. So sign me up (again) for Mitgardia. A first part of my Story comes soon.

Edit: Here is the first Chapter

Edited by Simon_S

Welcome back!  Great to see you building again!

On 6/13/2022 at 10:10 AM, Simon_S said:

Hey guys, it's me, Simon. I have been active here until Spring 2016 and now I thought it's time to come back and build some stuff. So sign me up (again) for Mitgardia. A first part of my Story comes soon.

Edit: Here is the first Chapter

So good to see you return! :sweet:

I posted another freebuild myself:
overview-4.jpg

Hey, I’d like to join Mitgardia with my new sigfig.

Celestina StrongSilver

Name : Celestina StrongSilver

Hometown : LilyOake

Short Bio : 

her family killed by raiders of the north, Celestina and her people fled to the Isle of Solitude to hide from the pillagers.

She became the Captain of the Lilyoake guard, a position her Brother loathes. This rank has made her the soul protector of the new Fort Eaglefall base on the Island of Velonrag.

But the raiders are still coming, she can feel it…

Edited by The British Brixter
Backstory Changes

Welcome!  It's great to see a new member!  I've been on hiatus while moving, but I'm going to try and get back into the forums here now that things have settled down for me.  Love your sigfig!  The choice of colors and the tousled hair fit your story well.  Looking forward to seeing builds of Fort Eaglefall and Celestina's adventures!

Welcome to the Guilds!!! (Even if it’s the wrong guild 😝). Cool sigfig, and enjoy you stay in the bitter frozen wastelands of Mitgardia. 

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Welcome to the best guild of them all!

16 hours ago, LordDan said:

Welcome to the Guilds!!! (Even if it’s the wrong guild 😝). Cool sigfig, and enjoy you stay in the bitter frozen wastelands of Mitgardia. 

Hey guys, happy to be here 😁

Hello, all! I am very excited to join Mitgardia.

Gunther van Hal

Fig-2-najmanj-a.jpg

Titles and profession: Huntsman. He is a mercenary who mostly works alone and hunting witches, monsters, various creatures and discovering many strange and unexplained things.

Short BioHe was born in a small village in the Clan Lands. He lost his mother very young, his father had to leave and left him with old Helmut, who was a blacksmith and a good friend of his father. Helmut trained him how to wield a sword. He quickly showed skills and with a lot of hard work and exploration of the unknown, he became the best huntsman in the area.

Hometown: Snowy wilderness

Edited by Captain Flint

Played a bit with generating concept art also for Mitgardia :classic:
Feedback and more ideas are very welcom!

(Should however really stop procrastinating from working on the challenge now, but it was too fun to play with AI art as well :head_back:)

22 hours ago, Captain Flint said:

Hello, all! I am very excited to join Mitgardia.

Welcome to the guilds!  Great figure (moc and backstory)