soccerkid6

Book III - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

So how are things faring here? I haven't been following this in a long while and feel tempted to get back ...

5 hours ago, kabel said:

So how are things faring here? I haven't been following this in a long while and feel tempted to get back ...

Being that it is nearly summer in Mitgardia, it’s finally warmed up to a balmy 33 degrees F/1 degree C...

But it would be great to see some fresh Kabel builds! Maybe a resurrected Steen? Or a Steenson?

47 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

But it would be great to see some fresh Kabel builds! Maybe a resurrected Steen? Or a Steenson?

I feel definetely tempted. I might have a freebuild in the making that could fit the getting back in aspect ...

So, how has time progressed since I last participated 4 or so years ago?

8 hours ago, kabel said:

I feel definetely tempted. I might have a freebuild in the making that could fit the getting back in aspect ...

So, how has time progressed since I last participated 4 or so years ago?

Umm, that depends on how you want it to have progressed. After the Black Spire was defeated, Queen Ylspeth, daughter of the old king, took the throne. She's been reigning an indefinite amount of time, long enough to have survived several coup attempts and stabilized the guilds, but not long enough to have gotten married and produced an heir to the throne. 

For some of us (like me), a jump of maybe 5-10 years happened between Book II and Book III. For others, a jump of maybe 30? years happened (like @de Gothia, who is now the aged king of Avalonia, while his strapping sons in the prime of life rule in Sionnach). So perhaps long enough to have moved on to the next generation if you want to, but not so long that you would be forced to if you did not want to. Does that clarify things at all? 

That sounds like a good starting point. As Steen got officially killed, his family/son could have fled and could now return to Mitgardia. I think I have the perfect moc sitting here to get back into the story. I actually never stoped building, I just switched from building small mocs to building entire layouts that take ages to get completed.

@Piobre, welcome.  If you haven't, read the first post in this thread:

Then create a 'sig-fig', take a picture and post it under one of the four guilds' thread (this is the Mitgardia guild's thread, see the other "Book III - xxx" threads the parent page.  I'm pretty new here, so if I missed anything, hopefully someone will point it out.  This was my 'joining' post in Kaliphlin (over a year ago!).

6 hours ago, Piobre said:

I would like to join mitgard

One of the Mitgardians will probably post soon to welcome you.  In the meantime, you're welcome to post your new sigfig!

7 hours ago, Piobre said:

I would like to join mitgard

Welcome @Piobre!
As Grover mentioned, you should create a sig fig (which is your character in the guilds), and share a photo once you've done so.

Then there are plenty of challenges to participate in if you want! Primarily the Anniversary Count Down Challenge, and of course you're also welcome to make free builds for projects like Landscapes of Mitgardia, Dwellings of Mitgardia, or Age of Mitgardia.

Just ask whatever questions you have and someone will get back to you before too long :dsweet:

Phew! 
The path was long and weary, but we've finally made through the snow and the storm. And amidst the freeze, there it was... Ütoverögat, The Last Eye.

The Last Eye

For Mitgardia!
Skol!

Hi! This is my sigfig.

Hal Vyrmrost

titles and occupation: none

short bio: Little is known about his past.

Weird (for Mitgardian) clothes result from the fact that he just wears what he likes, and still has little.

He is a mage and a traveler (and has a dragon, by the way).

hometown: none

if there are any mistakes please forgive me as i am not good at english.

b_copy_341x476.jpg

IMG_20210609_121053_copy_391x461.jpg

Edited by Piobre

22 hours ago, Piobre said:

Hi! This is my sigfig.

Hal Vyrmrost

titles and occupation: none

short bio: Little is known about his past.

Weird (for Mitgardian) clothes result from the fact that he just wears what he likes, and still has little.

He is a mage and a traveler (and has a dragon, by the way).

hometown: none

if there are any mistakes please forgive me as i am not good at english.

Welcome!  I'm interested to see where the story leads!  And don't worry, your English is excellent!

my photos are not very good, mainly because I do not have the conditions for it.

My next moc it will be Cane and his brothers.

Edited by Piobre

1 hour ago, Piobre said:

my photos are not very good, mainly because I do not have the conditions for it.

My next moc it will be Cane and his brothers.

My advice for photos is more light.  I struggled with photos originally, but once I flooded my mocs with light on a white background, I found that I could get good pics even with an iPhone.  Good luck!

There will be a little problem with a white background, but I will try to figure something out.

This is my free moc. Earlier I wrote that his name would be Cane and his brothers, but now Cane and his siblings would be more apt. I mention Cane because he will be a character related to part of Hal's journey. 

Cane is the son of Erak ogrudur. He is a skilled fighter and a little less traveler. He has two brothers and a sister.

The first picture shows him in the background of the forest.

Cane's older brother is Halad the halberd. It is famous for exceptionally good use of the halberd. The second picture shows him.

his little brother is ered. he is a good sailor and fighter. the third photo shows him.

he also has a sister named lydia. shoots a bow well.

photos broke and I will send them in separate messages.

IMG_20210610_162909_copy_407x332.jpg.49ba9af21f0c340e57aa0aa125834377.jpg

Edited by Piobre