soccerkid6

Book III - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

11 hours ago, Beleg the Ranger said:

I will post my Sigfig soon, so sign me up please! Some AoM builds are soon to be posted...

Awesome! Very glad to have you in the north, and can't wait to see your sigfig and builds :dsweet:

1 hour ago, ForTheGreaterGood said:

Hey all! I have a question: is it OK to digitally build a MOC and then post it rendered? My parts collection is rather limited, so I was wondering if this is 'acceptable'.

Yes, we have had many builders who posted renders. The better the render quality, the better feedback we can give on the actual building, but renders are fine. Not all contests will accept them, but for regular freebuilds they work. And there is nothing wrong with building with a limited parts collection! You don't need a PAB wall in your basement to build cool stuff. 

2 hours ago, ForTheGreaterGood said:

Hey all! I have a question: is it OK to digitally build a MOC and then post it rendered? My parts collection is rather limited, so I was wondering if this is 'acceptable'.

As @Henjin_Quilones said, we do have some builders who build largely if not exclusively in LDD.  I always appreciate a good render, since I don't have the skills to do them.  Usually high quality POV-Ray style renders look the best.  I understand about the parts collection.  It limits what contests you can enter and does hinder you on many builds.  It took me 3 years of intentionally building up my parts collection through brute force to get to the point where I can build what I want the way I want.  Hang in there, you will get to where you want eventually!

I was interested in joining the UoP DoH program. Is it still open to new entries? Also, regarding posting MOCs, do we post a Flickr link, or just a freebuild link to a GoH page?

Edited by ForTheGreaterGood

2 hours ago, ForTheGreaterGood said:

I was interested in joining the UoP DoH program. Is it still open to new entries? Also, regarding posting MOCs, do we post a Flickr link, or just a freebuild link to a GoH page?

The UoP is theoretically still open, though there have not been many "students" there for a while. As long as there are three Kali members willing to post a comment on a build, it should still be open. 

As for MOCs, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Every build you do should have its own topic created just for it here in the Guilds, and the pictures you post there typically link back to Flickr. Don't just share a picture here in this thread. But when you say something about it here in the Mitgardia thread to get other builders excited about it or put it into the freebuilds thread, you are linking back to the build's topic thread, not your Flickr. Does that answer the question?

Just now, soccerkid6 said:

Not sure about the DoH program, but you should post new builds in their own topic embedding images from flickr.

Then post a link to them here, and also in the free build registry.

Dang, you beat me by .02 seconds, SK!

Just now, Henjin_Quilones said:

The UoP is theoretically still open, though there have not been many "students" there for a while. As long as there are three Kali members willing to post a comment on a build, it should still be open. 

As for MOCs, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Every build you do should have its own topic created just for it here in the Guilds, and the pictures you post there typically link back to Flickr. Don't just share a picture here in this thread. But when you say something about it here in the Mitgardia thread to get other builders excited about it or put it into the freebuilds thread, you are linking back to the build's topic thread, not your Flickr. Does that answer the question?

Dang, you beat me by .02 seconds, SK!

Thanks! This answers everything!

Hey guys and girls something a little bit off topic but I am participating in LEGOMASTERS NL/BELGIUM whoopwhoop, last Saturday was the first episode and it will be on tv every Saturday 20:00 Holland time at rtl4, I don’t know if here are Dutch or Belgium members but maybe someone will like it!!

Super cool! I missed the first episode I guess but I will definitely start watching now. Thank you for letting me know and good luck!

5 hours ago, Blaze said:

Hey guys and girls something a little bit off topic but I am participating in LEGOMASTERS NL/BELGIUM whoopwhoop, last Saturday was the first episode and it will be on tv every Saturday 20:00 Holland time at rtl4, I don’t know if here are Dutch or Belgium members but maybe someone will like it!!

Congrats man! Have fun and show them all how it's done :dsweet:

Thanks! And lucky Luke you can still watch it on vtmgo rtlxl and Videoland!

On 4/16/2020 at 9:37 AM, Blaze said:

Wow, I have been watching the program but had no idea there would be a Guilds member in there, awesome! Which one was you, because now I'm rooting for you of course ;)

5 hours ago, dathil said:

Wow, I have been watching the program but had no idea there would be a Guilds member in there, awesome! Which one was you, because now I'm rooting for you of course ;)

I am Jan Pennings haha

I have returned! And pledge myself to the guild of Mitgardia. 

The story of cheesemaker Bjorr and his friend Edd in their hometown of Loksvika will continue.

It's good to be back :)

(new moc will be up soon) 

Oh and good luck Blaze! I've seen every episode so far :) 

Edited by Pvt13

Welcome!  Enjoy your time in the frozen lands of Mitgardia.  Look forward to seeing your MOCs!

8 hours ago, Pvt13 said:

I have returned! And pledge myself to the guild of Mitgardia.

Super! Great to have you back :dsweet:

Heyyyy there Mitgards :) sorry for my absence :) I hope I will build something soon :)

On 5/2/2020 at 1:57 AM, dathil said:

Nice! great to have you back

thank you :)

On 5/2/2020 at 1:51 PM, soccerkid6 said:

@GunmanGood to see you around again man!

Thanks SK :)

Have been working on Summer Joust prizes, so I'll have some new free builds to post in June :dsweet:

@Blaze your finale build was amazing! I loved the techniques you used and the waterfall and story references were amazing