soccerkid6

Book III - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

I don't think it has an end date, and hope it doesn't.  I'm hoping to get a build out in the next month or so that would fit its intent.

3 hours ago, Aurore said:

Hi, I was wondering whether the Landscapes of Mitgardia community build is still open? Or maybe this an older post just for GoH Book II, is there a new one for Book III?

54 minutes ago, mrcp6d said:

I don't think it has an end date, and hope it doesn't.  I'm hoping to get a build out in the next month or so that would fit its intent.

No end date, and you can still post suitable builds in that topic :thumbup:

@soccerkid6 @mrcp6d Thank you for the answer! I'm so glad it's still open, I definitely love the idea of this Community Build. :sweet:

I updated the question I asked there to submit a build. 

Edited by Aurore

Here are the results for the third free build challenge period!

Avalonia: 171 gold
Mitgardia: 114 gold
Varlyrio: 69 gold
Kaliphlin: 0 gold

Adding the Challenge III tallies in as well gives this overall result:
Avalonia: 678 gold
Mitgardia: 501 gold
Varlyrio: 409 gold
Kaliphlin: 331 gold

Edited by soccerkid6

2 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Here are the results for the third free build challenge period!

Avalonia: 171 gold
Mitgardia: 114 gold
Varlyrio: 69 gold
Kaliphlin: 0 gold

Adding the Challenge III tallies in as well gives this overall result:
Avalonia - 574 gold
Mitgardia - 461 gold
Varlyrio - 316 gold
Kaliphlin -  275 gold

Aw we'll get them next time :classic:

Well done @mrcp6d!
Great to see you back in the north, especially with a build as cool as that :thumbup:

Sorry for my inactivity lately, things have been pretty busy.
Hopefully there are a few more Mitgardian entries for this challenge :dsweet:

Well done all with your Challenge IV entries!
Great to see such a strong representation from the north :dsweet:

Ser Kamzak reporting for duty!

Hear ye, hear ye, hearken unto me!  Ser Kamzak the not so chaste, bastard prince of the vanquished Falcon realm and heir unapparent to the Vale of Estoria.

Gather round and hear the tale of Estoria, realm forgotten and just recently re-discovered.  

The Vale of Estoria lies on the south west border of the coast of Mitgardia.  While close to Avalonia, the culture runs deep and the inhabitants blood, bleed green and yellow.  

During the early courses of the great war, many Estorian's valiantly fought for Mitgardia.  But at the wars darkest hour, many bridges and passes where destroyed by the evil forces seeking to destroy our fair realm.

Cut off from the rest of Mitgardia, and with most of their men lost.  The vale descended back into the dark times.  Old factions arose again.  The Lion standard and Falcon standard once again blew in the breeze.  

The Wolfpack raided at their pleasure.  The Forestmen fought for whom-ever payed them in cups and gold bricks.  

The aged right handed Lion King waged war upon the left handed Falcon warriors.  (I mean can you blame him?  Have you ever tried using left handed sizzors?  I mean seriously!)

This is the world that our Hero Ser Kamzak was born into.  Not knowing anything other than pillaging and plundering.  No idea that a whole huge world existed past the insurmountable mountains that surrounded his homeland. 

But lo and behold.  A group of traveling druids stumbled upon the valley seeking haven from a vicious storm.  And Ser Kamzak happened to meet them while chasing a shepherdess with loose morals.   

Then and there, Kamzak learned of the greater world from the stewards of the earth.

Will Ser Kamzak be the one to unite the factions and bring the Vale of Estoria back into the fold of Mitgardia?  Is he the chosen one?

His tale will be told with a series of free builds for the betterment of Mitgardia!

49058044467_b17be488ed_c.jpgIMG_3347 by Aaron Kutzner, on Flickr

Welcome! 

Life has been busy lately, and I haven't been able to do much with Lego at all. I am hoping to get one or two Age of Mitgardia builds out before the end of the year. I want to get back into it :purrr:

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I’m at a better health now and am gonna start building soon, excuse me for my absence!

On 11/13/2019 at 4:41 PM, Alfadas said:

snip

Life has been busy lately, and I haven't been able to do much with Lego at all. I am hoping to get one or two Age of Mitgardia builds out before the end of the year. I want to get back into it :purrr:

12 hours ago, Blaze said:

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I’m at a better health now and am gonna start building soon, excuse me for my absence!

Excellent! Glad to have both of you back building for the North :dsweet:

Challenge IV results are in. The gold won from the challenge:

Mitgardia: 55.5 = 56 gold
Avalonia: 39.833 = 40 gold
Kaliphlin: 33.5 =  34 gold
Varlyrio: 0 = 0 gold

Overall gold standings:

Avalonia: 718 gold
Mitgardia: 557 gold
Varlyrio: 409 gold
Kaliphlin: 365 gold

There's an old say far beyond the icy northern mountains that goes:
"Often times it is not numbers that win the victory, but those who fare forward with the most vigor".

'Tis night we shall drink ale and celebrate a victorious endeavor. For Mitgardia is once again topping a mighty challenge with restless courage and strength.
Raise your axes to Thor, the all-mighty, as glory is upon us, fellow Mitgardians!

SKOL

Well done Mitgardia! Sorry life has been busy lately and I haven't had much time to build, but hopefully soon I will have something Mitgardian built and posted.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:50 PM, Grover said:

The bear cavalry look good on the first page. :thumbup:

Thanks for providing the image! i really want to get some bears for my own unit at some point :grin:

1 minute ago, soccerkid6 said:

Thanks for providing the image! i really want to get some bears for my own unit at some point :grin:

Keep an eye on B&P.  I managed to get my collection off B&P back in July 2018.  They'll show up again if one appears in another set. :classic:

On 2/28/2020 at 10:54 AM, Grover said:

Keep an eye on B&P.  I managed to get my collection off B&P back in July 2018.  They'll show up again if one appears in another set. :classic:

Good tip!

And everyone be sure to check out the latest challenge!

It offers great motivation to try some builds set in Varlyrio :thumbup: