soccerkid6

Book III - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Made the entry for Category B:

46208056704_1072946c4d_n.jpg

I have a cute little idea for Category C, I might still be able to build it tomorrow...

...and done, it was a rush build and quality suffers a bit for it, still it is a nice end to the chapter I think.

46943375301_07dc4098f7_n.jpg

Edited by Bracari

Scores from the second period free builds are in!

Mitgardia - 150 gold
Avalonia - 134 gold
Kaliphlin - 130 gold
Varlyrio - 115 gold

Which means the overall standings are as follows:
Avalonia - 347 gold
Mitgardia - 273 gold
Varlyrio - 247 gold
Kaliphlin -  239 gold

Good work everyone with your Challenge II entries, and we'll be working on judging those entries next :classic:

Well done everyone earning the most free build points last period :excited:

Let's see if we can't do it again!

overview-9.jpg

overview-10.jpg

overview.jpg

Edited by soccerkid6

Hey Guys and girls, today I finally made good pictures of my freebuilds I made. They need a little editing buth after that the first thing I Will do is post them here!

and maybe in one of them we Will finally find out What happend to the ice dragon (

i made 2,5 years ago Haha, kept you waiting for quite a while, I am sorry for that!

Things have gone a bit quiet around here.
Anyone working on more free builds, or planning their character's storyline?

Hehe, just remembered earlier today I still haven't introduced my character or updated that WIP I posted months ago... Time flies!

Titles and profession: Farmer - Protector

Short Bio: Snorri Puvelson, son of Puvel the Hurn, is a veteran of the Alguswars. After receiving training from his father, Snorri joined the fight in the cold mountains. Even though he’s a battle hardened veteran at his young age, his aim is to lead a peaceful life and make his hometown prosperous again.

Hometown: Kyllingfelt

Parts: HairHeadTorso, Legs?

32247257917_da2ac30304_m.jpg

On 4/4/2019 at 7:27 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Things have gone a bit quiet around here.
Anyone working on more free builds, or planning their character's storyline?

I've got one freebuild that needs some final detail work, then I'm not sure when I'll photograph it.

The last three months have not provided much building time, but I hope to crank out some entries to the next challenge and maybe some storyline-advancing freebuilds over the summer, since my wife is expecting in August and I don't imagine I'll get many moments with the bricks after that...

Hey I am also working on some freebuilds but not exactly what you guys would think. Im working on some Mitgardion freebuilds, mitgardia in the future haha, I dont know where to post them when they are ready, here or in the space/sci-fi theme, what do you think?

EDIT: here are some WIP pictures i quickly made with my mobile phone:

40588615153_81e5a5b85b.jpgWIP new theme by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

40588615223_f1209e4b9c.jpgWIP new theme by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

32612248077_d2fea95a46.jpgWIP robotic creatures by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

And ofcourse there have to be robotic creatures haha

Edited by Blaze

Hello, all!

I just joined eurobricks and I decided I wanted to join mitgardia. Is there anything I should know? Here's my character:

Short bio: Eoin Wallace is a  fierce warrior who lives in the woods just south of Dalig ulv, with his friend Douglas. From his house in the woods he mostly spends his time patrolling the wilds of mitgardia, discouraging bandits and keeping law and order. He sometimes goes into the cities but when he does its never for long, for he feels uneasy with all the people in one place.

Home town: the woods south of Dalig ulv.

Here is my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165857792@N02/

2062248709_IMGP3002(2).JPG.3eb9abf69c4b89016841c23a5d2aad06.JPG

Edited by Eoin Wallace

8 hours ago, Eoin Wallace said:

Hello, all!

I just joined eurobricks and I decided I wanted to join mitgardia. Is there anything I should know? Here's my character:

Short bio: Eoin Wallace is a  fierce warrior who lives in the woods just south of Dalig ulv, with his friend Douglas. From his house in the woods he mostly spends his time patrolling the wilds of mitgardia, discouraging bandits and keeping law and order. He sometimes goes into the cities but when he does its never for long, for he feels uneasy with all the people in one place.

Welcome, Eoin! Glad to have you in the Guilds, even if you didn't choose the best one!

On 4/6/2019 at 4:57 PM, The Stad said:

I've got one freebuild that needs some final detail work, then I'm not sure when I'll photograph it.

The last three months have not provided much building time, but I hope to crank out some entries to the next challenge and maybe some storyline-advancing freebuilds over the summer, since my wife is expecting in August and I don't imagine I'll get many moments with the bricks after that...

Cool! Looking forward to seeing your mostly finished build :thumbup:

17 hours ago, Blaze said:

Hey I am also working on some freebuilds but not exactly what you guys would think. Im working on some Mitgardion freebuilds, mitgardia in the future haha, I dont know where to post them when they are ready, here or in the space/sci-fi theme, what do you think?

EDIT: here are some WIP pictures i quickly made with my mobile phone:

And ofcourse there have to be robotic creatures haha

Hehe, with tech like that Mitgardia will be able to handle any threat with ease :laugh:
Very cool sci-fi models, I would post them in the Sci-fi forum.

11 hours ago, Eoin Wallace said:

Hello, all!

Glad to have you :excited:
I saw your sigfig on flickr earlier and it looks like you have a good free build done already too!
Mitgardia has a few community projects going currently: Landscapes of Mitgardia, Dwellings of Mitgardia, Age of Mitgardia

You're not required to participate in any of them, but hopefully they give some inspiration for future models.
Right now there isn't an actual challenge going so you have some time to develop your character and make free builds :dsweet:

11 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Cool! Looking forward to seeing your mostly finished build :thumbup:

Hehe, with tech like that Mitgardia will be able to handle any threat with ease :laugh:
Very cool sci-fi models, I would post them in the Sci-fi forum.

Glad to have you :excited:
I saw your sigfig on flickr earlier and it looks like you have a good free build done already too!
Mitgardia has a few community projects going currently: Landscapes of Mitgardia, Dwellings of Mitgardia, Age of Mitgardia

You're not required to participate in any of them, but hopefully they give some inspiration for future models.
Right now there isn't an actual challenge going so you have some time to develop your character and make free builds :dsweet:

Ok thanks :laugh: I have an idea for a  dwellings of mitgardia build coming up soon!

Hey,

I have a question that might be a little weird... In two weeks I will have my final exams, and so in a few months I will be starting of as a student in University and stuff, so this is generaly the period in which the dark ages take place... I have signed up for this website in an attempt to get myself motivated once agian to start doing some stuff, but unfortunately, it proofed not to be enough... And I keep blaming the lack of time, whilst honestly, I'm doing nothing at all for school (Still getting eights and occasional nines as results, so no reason to start doing anything) Does anyone has a good suggestion on how to get myself motivated to building some awesome stuff once again?

The situation is quite bad... I haven't even made a sigfig yet...

Edited by DimQPire

1 hour ago, DimQPire said:

Hey,

I have a question that might be a little weird... In two weeks I will have my final exams, and so in a few months I will be starting of as a student in University and stuff, so this is generaly the period in which the dark ages take place... I have signed up for this website in an attempt to get myself motivated once agian to start doing some stuff, but unfortunately, it proofed not to be enough... And I keep blaming the lack of time, whilst honestly, I'm doing nothing at all for school (Still getting eights and occasional nines as results, so no reason to start doing anything) Does anyone has a good suggestion on how to get myself motivated to building some awesome stuff once again?

No problem, dropping out of building-mode is something that happens to all of us once in a while (well, almost all of us, I think, :laugh:)!  In my own experience, one of the best ways to get motivated/started on builds is looking over some of the great stuff which other builders have done, especially in the genre that you're wanting inspiration from.  The Guilds of Historica and Mitgardia groups on Flickr might be a good place to start, and for less specific but more handpicked builds you could check out my personal favorite builds, or scan the photostreams of some of GoH's great builders from the past (and present) - e.g., Ecc, DC, MassEditor, Gideon, SK, etc., etc.

The other good drivers are starting storyline collabs with other builders and just drawing inspiration from the books, pictures, and movies you see and read and turning them into LEGO builds.  I'm sure there are other ways as well, but if you start with all of those it ought to get some of the creative juices flowing! :classic:

On 4/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, DimQPire said:

Hey,

Garmadon mentioned a lot of great ways to find inspiration already :thumbup: Similar to him, often looking at great builds from the past gets my creative juices flowing, and when nothing else works I just force myself to sit down and start working on something. Once I get a project going it's design challenges keep me motivated :classic:

Wow... six years after the launch of the Lord of the Rings series by Lego, in which they dennied us the pleassure of assembling a Sauron minifigure as is portrayed in the movies (yes, they gave us The necromancer of Dol Guldur, who essentialy is Sauron disguised, but to be fair, it still does not satisfy the need of a minifigure of Sauron in full armor), six long years of attempts of recreating the helmet of sauron on minifig-scale, Lego has released a piece that perfectly represents Sauron's Helmet!!!!
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=173649&idColor=95&ccName=6254168#T=S&C=95&O={%22color%22:95,%22iconly%22:0}

Let us rejoice in the knowledge that the days of failed Sauron helmet immitations are over!!!! (And try not to think about possible reason why Lego did deem the Overwatch series worthy of this helmet piece, but not the LotR series)
(((Hopefully you all survived my attempt at impersonating a fantasy narator...)))

Greetings, fellow Mitgardians!

For some time, I’ve been admiring all your works through Historica on Flickr. I have trained as much as I could, and the time has come for me to join your guild. If you will have me, I swear to the gods and our leaders that I will build for the glory of the Nord.

My sword, as well as my bricks, are yours to command.

Skål!

Louis of Valnötsträd

Louis_of_Valnotstrad_SigFig_Final_Low.jpg.0728942de036b486e5ce47c381e50f13.jpg

Titles and Profession: Young Karl; Aspiring warrior. 

Short Bio: I was born in a small village called Valnötsträd, famous for its timber. Father was a skillful carpenter and Mother was an audacious house builder. But I never aspired to work with them.

My destiny was much grander. I dreamt of crossing the lands of the North, to seek for mysteries and great adventures, just like my grandfather, Föbvr the Wise. I wanted to fight alongside the bravest of men and build alliances with the wisest of them.

On my father’s deathbed, I pledged to protect my family. And I swore to the gods that I would become a great warrior to fight and die for the people of Mitgardia.

To Valholl. To Mitgardia!

Hometown: Valnötsträd

Parts: Hair, Head with freckles, Cape, Hun Cape, Torso, Dark brown left arm, Dark blue right Arm, Legs, Sword, Shield, Brown Stick.

Link to Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/louisnutwood/

4 minutes ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Greetings, fellow Mitgardians!

For some time, I’ve been admiring all your works through Historica on Flickr. I have trained as much as I could, and the time has come for me to join your guild. If you will have me, I swear to the gods and our leaders that I will build for the glory of the Nord.

My sword, as well as my bricks, are yours to command.

Skål!

Louis of Valnötsträd

Louis_of_Valnotstrad_SigFig_Final_Low.jpg.0728942de036b486e5ce47c381e50f13.jpg

Titles and Profession: Young Karl; Aspiring warrior. 

Short Bio: I was born in a small village called Valnötsträd, famous for its timber. Father was a skillful carpenter and Mother was an audacious house builder. But I never aspired to work with them.

My destiny was much grander. I dreamt of crossing the lands of the North, to seek for mysteries and great adventures, just like my grandfather, Föbvr the Wise. I wanted to fight alongside the bravest of men and build alliances with the wisest of them.

On my father’s deathbed, I pledged to protect my family. And I swore to the gods that I would become a great warrior to fight and die for the people of Mitgardia.

To Valholl. To Mitgardia!

Hometown: Valnötsträd

Parts: Hair, Head with freckles, Cape, Hun Cape, Torso, Dark brown left arm, Dark blue right Arm, Legs, Sword, Shield, Brown Stick.

Link to Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/louisnutwood/

Welcome to mitgardia! It's good to have you! :laugh:

@Louis of Nutwood The North is thrilled to have another warrior join our ranks! From what little I can see of that build, it looks like a stunner!

I've added Louis to the members index :thumbup: