soccerkid6

Book III - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

WIP

my work in progress of building a small village, with an inn, a blacksmith and also a castle which Will be right next to the village. Also have two freebuilds ready already, but the weather is terrible here to make photos So hopefully this weekend I can make Some pictures

@Blaze Looking very nice! I understand your issues with poor weather for lighting :cry_sad:
Though I have found using a tripod and slowing the shutter speed down significantly allows me to take pictures even on gloomy winter days.

And while I'm posting here, new freebuild!
overview-6.jpg

@MKJoshA Excellent work! The Great Hall is particularly cool :thumbup:

Hey guys,

Its been over 6 years since my last post but just wanted to drop by and say hello! I don't expect anyone to remember me but I created the "official" Mitgardia map (so awesome to see that its still in use to this day!) and participated in some early rounds of Historica MOCing. Sadly I got a job in a city and had no room for my Lego collection (and now I've been travelling the world for 2 years so no closer to rectifying that) but I hope to dust it off one day soon and share some builds with you guys. Despite that I drop by every few months and check out the new builds, some of you have come a long way since 2012 so keep it up guys!

Happy building and Long Live Mitgardia!

Viceroy

Edited by Viceroy

Ofcourse I remember you, as well as others I'm certain!:wink: And the map was that good that's why it's still in use! Good to hear from you and the job thing is very recognizable:innocent:

@Viceroy Thanks for checking in! Of course I remember Mitgardia's master cartographer :thumbup:
Great to hear you still keep tabs on what's going on here :dsweet:

Hey there, I've got a quick question I have found an absolutely amazing dark throne room design (https://www.flickr.com/photos/94545380@N06/14486638761/) by Patrick Massey on Flicr, and there is some mention that he does in fact participate with guilds of historica... Does anyone by any chance know where to find this legendary lego builder? (((I am planning on stealing all of his secrets at building such amazing things... just down tell him about these intentions)))

1 hour ago, DimQPire said:

Hey there, I've got a quick question I have found an absolutely amazing dark throne room design (https://www.flickr.com/photos/94545380@N06/14486638761/) by Patrick Massey on Flicr, and there is some mention that he does in fact participate with guilds of historica... Does anyone by any chance know where to find this legendary lego builder? (((I am planning on stealing all of his secrets at building such amazing things... just down tell him about these intentions)))

His EB username is @MassEditor.

How are all you Mitgardians doing?
Excited for Challenge II?

I'll have plenty of free builds to post in the new year myself :dsweet:

I didn't had the change to do anything with Lego for a few months unfortunately but will finish a big free build (for my standards) in a about a week. 

I am a very slow builder, plus the fact that my collection is still small (but growing) every time I build something I need to also make one or more orders.

Just finished and posted a build:

45618880315_c8da61edbd_m.jpg

I am excited for Challenge II, as with just a little tweak all 3 categories fit well into the story I am developing for Lady Eleanor. Just don't know if I'll have the time :grin:.

Edited by Bracari

Hey everyone, I wish everyone the best wishes for 2019. In a couple of weeks a friend of mine is going to help me with taking Some good pictures of my free builds I made for Mitgardia. Hope to post them in a week or two. Just to keep you updated and to let you know that I never stopped moc-ing for Mitgardia haha

Hello everyone. I have taken time off the forums for a good year or so, when my time with Nar Eurbrikka ended, sadly, without conclusion so far. But I think I will try to get back into Eurobricks in the coming weeks, as my interest in building has renewed and I finally want to give GoH a shot. Expect me to join Mitgardia at some point in the future, I am already preparing a character with a nifty story. See you around, folks, and it's good to be back. :classic:

On 12/30/2018 at 11:45 AM, (Luc)ky Luke said:

I didn't had the change to do anything with Lego for a few months unfortunately but will finish a big free build (for my standards) in a about a week. 

Great! Looking forward to seeing that :dsweet:

On 12/30/2018 at 6:48 PM, Bracari said:

I am a very slow builder, plus the fact that my collection is still small (but growing) every time I build something I need to also make one or more orders.

Just finished and posted a build:

I am excited for Challenge II, as with just a little tweak all 3 categories fit well into the story I am developing for Lady Eleanor. Just don't know if I'll have the time :grin:.

Very cool build, and I hope things work out for you to get a couple Challenge II entries finished in time :thumbup:

On 1/5/2019 at 5:24 PM, Blaze said:

Hey everyone, I wish everyone the best wishes for 2019. In a couple of weeks a friend of mine is going to help me with taking Some good pictures of my free builds I made for Mitgardia. Hope to post them in a week or two. Just to keep you updated and to let you know that I never stopped moc-ing for Mitgardia haha

Awesome Blaze, it will be so cool seeing high quality images of your excellent builds.
I have to start posting some more free builds I finished during the CCC :laugh:

2 hours ago, Cody Startale said:

Hello everyone. I have taken time off the forums for a good year or so, when my time with Nar Eurbrikka ended, sadly, without conclusion so far. But I think I will try to get back into Eurobricks in the coming weeks, as my interest in building has renewed and I finally want to give GoH a shot. Expect me to join Mitgardia at some point in the future, I am already preparing a character with a nifty story. See you around, folks, and it's good to be back. :classic:

Excellent! Mitgardia is glad to have you joining soon :excited:

I havent built much last year cause of studies plus a burnout, and have missed the complete start of book III !

However, I'll re-enter Mitgardia at last.

Dargrin Galvinor (dathil)

31860166317_874df73d97_z.jpg

Short bio: The Galvinors go way back. Originating from Varlyria, Dargrin's ancestors came to Stagmont in Mitgardia looking for a new home, a place to follow their ideals.

Within a few generations, they became a respected family, due to them using their coin investing in the expanse of Stagmont. The Stagmont Dargrin has been born and raised in, has become a serious town, and the Galvinors are accepted as its paramounts. Dargrin, his brother Edmun, and their uncle Drakk are focussed on solving the mysteries around the disappearance of their parents during the war, as well as on restoring the prosperity of their hometown.

Hometown: Stagmont (sigil: Stag on a dark red and dark green field)

Parts: Hair, Head, Torso, Arms, Hands, Legs, Cape

Edited by dathil
Forgot the cape

Welcome back Dathil! Lovely fig combos and the sideways tile floor looks fabulous :wub:

If you wouldn't mind reformatting your character bio to match this format:

Eryl Storrar (soccerkid6)

Eryl-small.jpg

Titles and profession:

Short Bio: Eryl Storrar of Harburg is already a staunch Mitgardian despite his young age. Which should stand him in good stead as he likely will be lord of Harburg one day.

Eryl's parents, Karsten and Karin, are the Lord and Lady of Harburg, while his uncle is Sir Glorfindel - Karsten's younger brother. Eryl has a twin sister named Elise, and like most twins, they get into plenty of

mischief together.

Hometown: Harburg

Parts: Hair, Head, Torso, Arms, Hands, Legs

Then I'll add you to the member index in the first post :classic:

18 hours ago, dathil said:

Done!

can we continue with our progress in AoM, or should we start over?

Thanks, added you to the member index :dsweet:

No need to start over! Just continue from where you left off in AoM :thumbup:

Hi all, sorry for  my absence over the last month, I was super busy with BoBS at the end of the year and away from my bricks over the holiday period. Unfortunately  I won't be able to participate in challenge II as I am heading away for the next six months. I have a final AoM build almost complete on the table that I'd like to finish before I go. Then hopefully I'll be back to participate again around June. Just wanted to let you know I haven't abandoned Mitgardia!

Just entered my entry for Category A:

46802464472_4be77dac94_n.jpg

I have a few bits and pieces already done for the festival build (which will be for Category B). Still need a lot of time create it. Hopefully this weekend i can have the time for a build marathon.

Edited by Bracari

On 1/22/2019 at 5:54 AM, Ayrlego said:

Hi all, sorry for  my absence over the last month, I was super busy with BoBS at the end of the year and away from my bricks over the holiday period. Unfortunately  I won't be able to participate in challenge II as I am heading away for the next six months. I have a final AoM build almost complete on the table that I'd like to finish before I go. Then hopefully I'll be back to participate again around June. Just wanted to let you know I haven't abandoned Mitgardia!

No worries, we'll be glad to see you return in the summer :dsweet:

On 1/23/2019 at 5:59 PM, Bracari said:

Just entered my entry for Category A:

I have a few bits and pieces already done for the festival build (which will be for Category B). Still need a lot of time create it. Hopefully this weekend i can have the time for a build marathon.

Nice work Bracari! I hope you're able to find time for your second entry :thumbup: