soccerkid6

Book III - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

6 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I see you've got a wee bit of olive going on there @soccerkid6

And just a little dark brown as well! Looking great so far!

Thanks for the advice @soccerkid6. I’m experimenting with the landscaping technique you used above and on your sawmill build and am very pleased with the results so far.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:30 PM, Basiliscus said:

@soccerkid6: looks amazing, love the dark brown base. Interesting to see behind the scenes like that too!

Thanks! I finished the scene, and hopefully will be posting it here before too long.

22 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I see you've got a wee bit of olive going on there @soccerkid6!  Looking forward to the balistas!

Hehe, John and I got that and dark brown over the last couple LUG Bulk orders, and it's great to put it to use in some big landscapes :dsweet:

16 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

And just a little dark brown as well! Looking great so far!

Thanks for the advice @soccerkid6. I’m experimenting with the landscaping technique you used above and on your sawmill build and am very pleased with the results so far.

Excellent! Really looking forward to seeing it :excited:

And here's another freebuild:
Overview.jpg

Edited by soccerkid6

2 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

@MKJoshA: Huh, I thought he had a guide on eurobricks but I haven't found anything but this so far.

Thanks SK! I've been wanting to build my own version of his tree and this shows the steps so it'll work.

18 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Hello fellow guildsmen. I'm looking @Ecclesiastes tutorial on spiny trees. My searching has produced nothing. Can anyone point me to it?

It wasn't this one by Slegengr that you were thinking of was it?

2 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

It wasn't this one by Slegengr that you were thinking of was it?

No, that's a good tutorial, but I was specifically thinking Ecc had one for his version.

Work in progress peek at another upcoming build:

IMG_6962.jpg

Rather pleased with how smoothly the sloping wall base works here.

3 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Rather pleased with how smoothly the sloping wall base works here.

Yes! That is a brilliant technique and one I will have to borrow sometime.

That'll make for a stunning looking wall, complete with the angled base... Your builds just keep getting better and better, somehow. 

You’re getting a great form from that technique, my only qualm is with how thin the wall is. I know everyone has their stylistic differences, and you tend towards classic castle dimensions, and you’re probably working with CCC size limits, but it just looks painfully thin to me. Maybe some buttressing would help it look sturdier, especially given its height. Just my two cents.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:33 AM, MKJoshA said:

Yes! That is a brilliant technique and one I will have to borrow sometime.

Thanks Josh :classic:

On 11/15/2018 at 1:46 PM, Alfadas said:

That'll make for a stunning looking wall, complete with the angled base... Your builds just keep getting better and better, somehow. 

Thanks Alfadas!

On 11/16/2018 at 12:15 AM, Windusky said:

Love that wall technique! @soccerkid6

Thank you, I had done similar things before, but never gotten it to work quite as smoothly.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:17 PM, The Stad said:

You’re getting a great form from that technique, my only qualm is with how thin the wall is. I know everyone has their stylistic differences, and you tend towards classic castle dimensions, and you’re probably working with CCC size limits, but it just looks painfully thin to me. Maybe some buttressing would help it look sturdier, especially given its height. Just my two cents.

Thank you for the input! The wall look a bit thicker when fully tiled, and I do indeed tend to have rather thin walls from a historic point of view. I find it difficult to have enough space for all I want in a scene, and usually keep the walls smaller as a result.
I am working on another model now with more appropriately sized fortifications though!

My latest WIP, something a bit different from usual, a Cyclops hut.

32075646448_dfa097c92d_z.jpg

Not sure how I'm going to finish the rounded roof, and I really need to get some more MDF if I'm going to use this colour scheme again (which I'm pretty sure I will!). Need to finish the roof, landscaping and also add some trees and other details.

MDF, is that the colour in the base that isn´t brown or tan? And what does it stand for? Either way, looks good so far!

1 hour ago, Alfadas said:

MDF, is that the colour in the base that isn´t brown or tan? And what does it stand for? Either way, looks good so far!

Thanks! MDF = medium dark flesh

@Ayrlego Looking great already! Perhaps some cloth elements could be useful to finish off the roof? Wedge plates are another option, though probably would be a bit more of a headache to use those :laugh:

Posted another freebuild:
overview-4.jpg

Hey guys and girls, I have been away for quite a while, lots of distracting things in my life, but that didn't stop me from building. I have some things which need to get photographed and I will post them here because I'm still a Mitgardian!! Haha

How is everything going here?

At the moment I'm busy with working on one of my biggest projects ever, so I hope to make some WIP pictures and will post them here.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:24 PM, mrcp6d said:

@soccerkid6 Somebody is going to have to deal with that "Got Lazy" caption under your name.  :laugh:

That's the hope :laugh:

8 hours ago, Blaze said:

Hey guys and girls, I have been away for quite a while, lots of distracting things in my life, but that didn't stop me from building. I have some things which need to get photographed and I will post them here because I'm still a Mitgardian!! Haha

How is everything going here?

At the moment I'm busy with working on one of my biggest projects ever, so I hope to make some WIP pictures and will post them here.

Good to hear from you Blaze!
It's great to know you're sticking with us in the North, and things are going well!

If you want to make an updated picture of your sig fig, and a description in this format:

Eryl Storrar (soccerkid6)

Eryl-small.jpg

Titles and profession:

Short Bio: Eryl Storrar of Harburg is already a staunch Mitgardian despite his young age. Which should stand him in good stead as he likely will be lord of Harburg one day.

Eryl's parents, Karsten and Karin, are the Lord and Lady of Harburg, while his uncle is Sir Glorfindel - Karsten's younger brother. Eryl has a twin sister named Elise, and like most twins, they get into plenty of

mischief together.

Hometown: Harburg

Parts: Hair, Head, Torso, Arms, Hands, Legs

Then I can get you added to the members list in the first post :dsweet:
Looking forward to seeing some WIP photos of your build :thumbup:

Virgil Faust

Titles and profession: Captain of the Northern Rangers. A group of soldiers whose task it is to protect the most northern places of Mitgardia. Their speciality is hunting and taming dragons and big lizards, but are also excellent at capturing/hunting or sometimes even killing of other large creatures and monsters.

Short Bio: A young ranger, but with already a great reputation, he is the youngest captain ever and also the gouvernor of Pikesteel village. If you have a big snake in your bathroom or a drake in your backyard, send a message to Virgil, he will know how to take care of them!

Hometown: Pikesteel Village, at the foot of Pikesteel Mountain.

46042859031_3c01f95229_z.jpg