soccerkid6

Book III - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Seems like there's gone a lot of thought and preparation into your sigfig DimpQPire, looking forward to seeing it completed!

On 9/25/2018 at 2:12 PM, DimQPire said:

Sansei, what is the first lesson on the way to becoming that good at creating moc's?

-- your very eager to learn to moc-like-an-absolute-pro student

Lesson 1- BUILD.  Everyone gets better with experience.  Just look at these guild leaders who started out as kids on EB and now they are masters- better at castle than I ever was!

I am a bit... eclectic.  Does mean I am not as easy to pin down as the, “_______________ guy”, which also means I’m not as easy to recognize in the community since my style isn’t quite like a signature.

I’ve always been proud of the construction vehicles I did- totally not well recognized though.

@ZCerberus I really liked those construction vehicles too! It seems some themes just aren't generally received as well. Especially if you don't specialize in that particular theme :shrug_confused:

And since we're on the topic of Sci-fi builds :grin:
44879647242_f700115761_z.jpg

Now that I finished my SHIP, I'll be posting a new Mitgardian build soon.

55 minutes ago, ZCerberus said:

I am a bit... eclectic.  Does mean I am not as easy to pin down as the, “_______________ guy”, which also means I’m not as easy to recognize in the community since my style isn’t quite like a signature.

Now I want to disagree. I've always felt you had a distinctive style, and builds from your hand are recognisable!

(just my opinion, maybe I've stared to much at your photostream :grin:)

Edited by TitusV

On 9/26/2018 at 9:52 AM, soccerkid6 said:

@ZCerberus

44879647242_f700115761_z.jpg

Now that I finished my SHIP, I'll be posting a new Mitgardian build soon.

Orange spaceships?  Ludacris!

Great looking SHIP my man.

Hi, I have a question about the sigfig platform... What is the maximal size for it?

Another question: I wanted to send a LDD file, but I can only send picture files. Is it somehow possible to share LDD's? Would be really usefull to do...

Oh, and by the way @soccerkid6, nice ship man :thumbup:

Edited by DimQPire

4 hours ago, DimQPire said:

Hi, I have a question about the sigfig platform... What is the maximal size for it?

Another question: I wanted to send a LDD file, but I can only send picture files. Is it somehow possible to share LDD's? Would be really usefull to do...

I'm not sure about the second question, as I don't know why a picture would not load unless it is in the wrong file format. Typically most builders upload their pictures to a site like Flickr and then embed a picture link to that site here on Eurobricks using the BBCode option (saving server space on Eurobricks, instead of clogging things up with tons of picture files), and Flickr can handle a variety of picture formats, I believe. I always use .jpg for mine, so I guess I am really not sure. 

As to the first question, there is no maximal size for a sigfig platform. You could post a picture of your sigfig plain, no base, no build, against a solid colored background; or you could build a giant castle and take a picture of your sigfig in the castle (or any other large thing you could be inspired to build). Either way, to convey what your sigfig looks like, you want the picture you post here to be about him/her, cropped fairly close to the fig, rather than a general exposition of your building skills. Of course, many people build something to display their fig, but it can be as big or small as you like; and if it is big, you probably want to post that as its own thread as a freebuild once you have introduced your sigfig. 

@Henjin_Quilones, thanks for your reply. I think I'll go with something medium sized like 16x16 or something like that. I'll have to expand my collection of grey bricks before I'll be able to go any further then that :hmpf_bad:

As for my second question about the LDD file... LDD is not a picture file, it's Lego Digital Designer. I understand that there is a limitation on the different file formats you can upload because of security reasons, but if there was a way to share the LDD file so that people could get a 3d view of the project, or even look inside at how some connections are made, it would really add something.

1 hour ago, DimQPire said:

As for my second question about the LDD file... LDD is not a picture file, it's Lego Digital Designer. I understand that there is a limitation on the different file formats you can upload because of security reasons, but if there was a way to share the LDD file so that people could get a 3d view of the project, or even look inside at how some connections are made, it would really add something.

Well, kind of like pictures, if you were to find a way to host it on a different site and then post a link here, that would let people view it. I'm no tech wiz, though. I am only very slightly removed from being a luddite. 

I think you would have to find another site to host the LDD file on (google drive would work if you have a google account) and then share a link here.  (I see I've been ninja'd...)

Hello, I am new to Eurobricks in general but found the Guilds of Historica and immediately became interested. I am very excited to join Mitgardia and get to building.

Andros Graymane

2042109447_image1(4).jpeg.60bd225faa5e2d3e4904a2ef4ba0a377.jpeg

Titles and Profession: Blacksmith

Short Bio: Born to a modest family on a farm outside of Valholl, Andros grew up in comfort while learning trades such as lumberman and agriculturist. However      Andros always had a gift for forging. At the age of 15 Andros left home and joined a group of mercenaries called the Silent Scythe. They were known for taking odd jobs around the Tundra and occasionally making their way north into the Clan Lands. After several years, a job went bad and the few remaining members of the group disbanded. Upon returning home Andros discovered the family farm in ruin and no trace of what had become of his family. Taking the small amount of gold he had saved during his time as a member of the Silent Scythe he purchased a small forge south of Teridyan, on the eastern border of the Tundra. Here he creates some of the highest quality weapons and armor in all of Mitgardia. Although he feels more comfortable creating weapons than using them, as a former mercenary, he is always ready to suit up in his old set of armor and join some fellow guildsman on a quest. As long as there is some gold in it for him of course.

Hometown:Valholl

Parts:Will Add

Welcome to the guilds @A_Goodman!  I have to second HQ about the wrong guild, but I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!

4 hours ago, A_Goodman said:

@Kai NRG @Henjin_Quilones May I ask to what are you referring?

We in Scotland would call this "banter". Basically, @Henjin_Quilones is the leader of Avalonia, and is therefore lamenting the fact that you joined Mitgardia. Similarly @Kai NRG is the leader in Kaliphlin and has come to the same conclusion.

Expect to see a lot of friendly guild bashing during your time here. Just give them as good as you get! :tongue:

Edited by Basiliscus
Clarified Kai NRG's position as guild leader as initially I couldn't remember

Glad to have you in the north. @A_Goodman :excited:
Contrary to what Kai and HQ said, you certainly joined the right guild :grin:

Andros has been added to the member index, and I'm excited to see his story develop!

8 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

Similarly @Kai NRG is the leader in Kaliphlin and has come to the same conclusion.

Yeah, I'm actually just lieutenant, @SkaForHire is Kaliphlin's leader. :grin:  But gotta stick up for my guild against the snowblowers (and treehuggers)!

21 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

But gotta stick up for my guild against the snowblowers (and treehuggers)!

Wow there!!! Snowblowers?!? I haven't even officialy joined Midguardia yet, and I already feel taunted!

Looks like I already know where my sigfig will place the first ...........(=confidential, extremely dangerous object that is required for his plan)... :devil_laugh:

(get ready folks, a new force is approaching...  MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!)

Edited by DimQPire

Welcome to the Guilds Goodman!

@Henjin_Quilones I love it when the leader is communicating so honestly, good job :laugh: 

Edited by TitusV

Hello 

I'm new here at GoH. I have choosen to join the gulid of Mitgardia!

Dward Ravenbeard

Titles and Profession: Lord 

Short Bio: Underneath the mountains close to Mitgardia’s southern border lies since hundreds of years the dwarf realm Danemore. Throughout its existence, the kingdom has been ruled by the house of Ironslagg.
Dward Ravenbeard is the current ruler of Danemore. After he succeeded his father, he demonstrated skill both as a leader, miner and merchant. Now that it has become more peaceful times, he wants to resume the good trade relations with Mitgardia’s countries and the southern guilds.

Hometown: Danemore

Parts Helmet Head Beard Torso Leg

Edited by Drawd

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

That's an epic fig there, @Drawd! Welcome to the Guilds, though as I have mentioned to some of the other new members here, you have chosen the wrong guild...

@Henjin_Quilones  So what are the right guild for a dwarf living in a small mountain realm?

Edited by Drawd