soccerkid6

Book III - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

7 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Thanks guys :classic:
@Titus: That looks like quite a job! More basic bricks are always useful though :thumbup:

I think I've enough filler bricks for the next decade or so :laugh: 

But yes, I'm really happy I'm done with that job!

A little WIP shot of my own DoM progress.  It's been kind of slow going (*sigh*, life), but hopefully I'll have it done before I spend the latter half of this month travelling.

43807533724_54bd1be2a7_z.jpg

Great to see so many Mitgardian free builds!

I have another build myself that I should be posting before too long.
Here's a sneak peek:
man.jpg

Amos Lachlan

44025406884_7b0ce2de67_z.jpg

Titles and Profession: Clergyman, chronicler, scholar.

Short Bio: Amos Lachlan is the second son of a farming family in the South lowlands of Mitgardia. He preaches within a small community and still has a soft-spot for agriculture because of his upbringing. Lachlan would like to venture out into surrounding settlements in order to get a general sense of the politics and needs of the people. He keeps notes of current events in order to provide written history. Along with him travels his dog; Kirk.

Hometown: A small village on the West side of the Antler river

Parts: to be updated

Okay, after many, many years of wishing to join GoH, here I am. I was torn between factions but I felt inclined towards Mitgardia, looking forward to building Medieval along with you guys!

Edited by Spud The Viking

Hi everyone, for quite some time now I have wanted to join GoH, and Midguardia is the faction that I would prefer to join.

Unfortunately though, I cannot officialy pledge my loyalty to Midguardia at this very moment due to the lack of a proper sigfig... There are two factors that contribute to this:

1) I am a perfectionist, and want for my sigfig to look absolutely perfect, and won't settle for less then perfect

2) Despite being interested in medieval themes, my collection of minifigures and minifig parts consists for the biggest part out of sci-fi themed ones. (Kinda funny, like both sci-fi and medieval)

But I'm working on the creation of the sigfig that will represent me as good as possible. I have a design figured out already, but I would like to ask you for a little help with finding a grey shield, preferably a long shield... Would really appreciate any suggestions for a part number. Thanks in advance ;-)

The probably soon to join, but currently unidentified person

Glad to hear of you will soon be joining, @DimQPire! It's actually not unusual at all for LEGO builders to enjoy both sci-fi and medieval themes. @ZCerberus is a great example of that :laugh:
When you say grey shield, does it need to be old grey, or would bley also be acceptable?

The first time I have read "bley" I thought it was a misspeling, but now that I see it again I gues it is intentional... Is it perhaps the combination of Bluish and Grey? But to answer your question, both will work fine for me. I'm relatively young compared to most guys here (age restriction was the reason I couldn't join eurobricks before) so I grew up with the more modern colors. And I guess that it is easier to find more recent parts on bricklink rather than older ones. But as I have said, both the old grey and the "bley" are fine fore me.

Oh... after a second look I see that New Dark Bluish Grey would be ideal considering the other parts of the armor for my sigfig. But any other shade will fit as well.

Thanks

Oh, and by the way, I planed on using a particular part in my build, a part that I have only seen on images, and never held in my hands. I have found the part on bricklink, but it isn't clear from the pictures there whether it is possible to use the part in my build as I have planned. This is the part description on bricklink(https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=20612&idColor=13#T=S&C=13&O={"color":13,"iconly":0}):

Minifig, Weapon Holder Ring (Ninjago Aeroblade Center)
Item No: 20612

Does anyone have this part, and if so, may I ask you to take a couple moments and check whether it is possible to place a 1x1 brick on top of the central stud? Or a 1x1 round plate? I am worried that theouter ring might block the placement... (I am only looking for legal connections).

Thanks in advance ;-)

2 hours ago, DimQPire said:

Oh, and by the way, I planed on using a particular part in my build, a part that I have only seen on images, and never held in my hands. I have found the part on bricklink, but it isn't clear from the pictures there whether it is possible to use the part in my build as I have planned. This is the part description on bricklink(https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=20612&idColor=13#T=S&C=13&O={"color":13,"iconly":0}):

Minifig, Weapon Holder Ring (Ninjago Aeroblade Center)
Item No: 20612

Does anyone have this part, and if so, may I ask you to take a couple moments and check whether it is possible to place a 1x1 brick on top of the central stud? Or a 1x1 round plate? I am worried that theouter ring might block the placement... (I am only looking for legal connections).

Thanks in advance ;-)

Yes, a 1x1 round plate fits perfectly there. 

As for shields, there are several options if you are looking for it to be free of insignia. In grey colors, there is the ovoid, the round flat, the round rounded, and the triangular

I look forward to seeing your fig soon!

2 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Yes, a 1x1 round plate fits perfectly there. 

As for shields, there are several options if you are looking for it to be free of insignia. In grey colors, there is the ovoid, the round flat, the round rounded, and the triangular

I look forward to seeing your fig soon!

Thank you a lot ;-)

I hope I will be able to get the fig ready soon enough... I'll have to order at least 8 parts on bricklink, so it might take a little while (the sad part of life), but that does give me plenty of time to get the surroundings build.

16 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Glad to hear of you will soon be joining, @DimQPire! It's actually not unusual at all for LEGO builders to enjoy both sci-fi and medieval themes. @ZCerberus is a great example of that :laugh:
When you say grey shield, does it need to be old grey, or would bley also be acceptable?

Should totally be forbidden to like sci-fi and be in the guilds.

1 hour ago, DimQPire said:

Thank you a lot ;-)

I hope I will be able to get the fig ready soon enough... I'll have to order at least 8 parts on bricklink, so it might take a little while (the sad part of life), but that does give me plenty of time to get the surroundings build.

Looking forward to seeing him, once your parts do arrive :thumbup:

1 hour ago, ZCerberus said:

Maybe we'd consider outlawing it, if it wouldn't cost us so many members :laugh:

2 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

Oh creep... That is some impressive illegal tradeware right there....... If you manage to smuggle those moc's into the guilds, the street value of that probably would be around 5 million or something like that...... (the grasshopper under the word "in" is probably my favorite)

Now I have to show off something of my own that has the right to co-exist in the same universe with those fantastic moc's...... Well, challenge accepted, prepare yourself for my biggest space project that I haven't even started but will be grand once I finish it!!!!!!!!!!

(creep... what have I done... now I not only need a shipload of grey pieces for the GoH builds, but also need a shipload of white pieces for my Space Juggernaut Of Ultimate Doom... wallet be like: AAAARRRRGGHHH)

19 minutes ago, soccerkid6 said:

Maybe we'd consider outlawing it, if it wouldn't cost us so many members :laugh:

But it would cost you a not-yet-but-hopefully-soon-to-be member :cry_sad:  (or would you only outlaw those fans of sci-fi that are actually capable of making moc's as good as those, cause in that case I would still be allowed right here :wink:)

Edited by DimQPire

WOAH DUDE!!! ZCerberus, I just went through your flicr page.... Those Sci-Fi mocs were amazing, but I did not expect to see so many amazing mocs of all different kinds of genres. Really like the way you incorporate pieces of all kinds of lego series into your builds, even sci-fi looking armor from general Zodd (although it could be another carater from dc comics, don't know dc that well) into a medieval build.

You really should have been the head of the Lego designer group! (Although that would have meant that my purse would have been empty at all times, which would have been slightly, just slightly, problematic)

Sensai, what is the first lesson on the way to becoming that good at creating moc's?

-- your very eager to learn to moc-like-an-absolute-pro student