soccerkid6

Book III - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

6 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

@Alfadas There hasn't been much representation of the Orcish marches in the past. I would assume there are indeed a significant amount of orcs there.
Though I would not advise attacking any fellow Mitgardians, whatever their race.

Okay... Then what about I send some spies over to investigate? Just to get a better idea of that area?

Hi there, new member and would like to join the Guild and have fun building and creating stories. My SigFig:

Lady Eleanor of Bluevale

Lady_Eleanor_1a.jpgLady_Eleanor_2.jpgLady_Eleanor_3.jpg

Title: Ruler of Bluevale

Not so Short Bio: The Bluevale country is Lady Eleanor's ancestral home. Nestled inside a mighty mountain range it is a long valley with a large lake in the middle, fed by a myriad of small streams which spring from the surrounding mountains. A river flows from this lake carving a small pass through the eastern part of the mountains. The southwestern region has hot springs and geysers due to volcanic activity, this gives the valley a special micro-climate. The valley is fertile and was famous for its Orchards whose Apples were then distilled into cider, appreciated throughout Mitgardia. The Lords of Bluevale prospered from this trade for centuries, acquiring land and businesses even in the Capital itself.
Unfortunately a volcanic eruption followed by a war between brothers took a heavy toll on the community as many died or fled. Although triumphant against his brother, Lord Brius (Eleanor's grandfather) moved the family to Valholl being able to maintain a noble status due to his wealth. Eleanor was born there, her mother dying in childbirth, and raised surrounded by finery, a melancholic grandfather and often absent father. However, without the steady income from Bluevale's products, some bad investments and general squandering of money by Eleanor's father, Lord Firth, after her grandfather's passing the family lost most of its wealth.
When Lord Firth died just a couple of years later, the family status gone and looked upon with a certain disdain by other nobles a young Eleanor decided to sell the little holdings she still had (even the family's house in the city where she grew up) and with a small retinue of faithful servants return to Bluevale to reclaim and rebuild the family's domain.

Parts: Hair, Head, Torso, Arms, Hands, Legs and Hips, Cape.

Edited by Bracari

This will be the first time for me in Guilds of Historica (and the forums) and I am really excited to start building.

I hope that it is okay that I came up with a new village.

Ronan Lund ((Luc)ky Luke)

1476827510_SAM_1721-kopie(2).JPG.2b1f54d72a3d1e2eb98ea16ad3613ca9.JPG

Titles and profession: Blacksmith in training

Short Bio: Ronan was born in the small village called Flockwood. This village high up in the mountains was founded, after the destruction of Helgestorp by  a small group of former inhabitants. After a few days of walking haunted by freezing winds this small group found a spring in an almost hidden valley. The group decided to stay there and founded the village now known as Flockwood. Because of the dangers the group encountered in the mountains and the everyday treat of the freezing cold and the mountain’s wildlife, every boy and girl had to learn how to fight from the day they learned how to walk. Even though he lives in a rough place Ronan always tries to stay positive. 

Hometown: Flockwood

Parts: Hat Head Cape Torso Pants 

Some really cool drawings in that first post, they remind me I still like Mitgardia more than is healthy for a proper Avalonian...

Ah well, welcome to Historica for these new (old) members!

Ygnvi Arnesson

43998910942_8571e8127c.jpg

Titles and Profession:  None

Short Bio:  Ygnvi Arnesson grew up in a small rural village set in the valleys of Mitgardia's southern mountains. His early summers were spent in the mountains tending to his families livestock and he seemed set to become a simple farmer. That was; however, until he was drafted into the local fyrd during recent troubles. Unlike many of his neighbours, he seemed to have a talent of fighting, and the taste of life outside of the village of his birth gave him a yearning for adventure. Now free of his service in the militia, he looks to make his name and fortune serving Mitgardia however he can.

Parts:  hair, head, torso (with green arms), legs

So after lurking around here for some time now, I've decided to take the plunge and sign up. I've been wanting to get back into building some castle themed MOCs for a while now and really want to take some time to concentrate on improving my building skills... so book III seemed like a great opportunity to get involved. I'm not to sure how active I will be but I am excited to be able to participate in something lower paced where I can take my time to concentrate on quality and improvement! I've also decided to go fleshie for my minifigs, but we'll see how that works out - I deliberately chose a head that is easily replicated in yellow just in case I decide to go back.....

Anyway, I look forward to working with you guys. Cheers!

Welcome, @Ayrlego! Seems like another pirate has decided to turn his coat and join the castle fun, good choice! :wink: 

Considering your high-quality BoBS builds, I'm really looking forward to seeing your GoH story :excited: 

On 8/14/2018 at 5:24 AM, TitusV said:

Some really cool drawings in that first post, they remind me I still like Mitgardia more than is healthy for a proper Avalonian...

Ah well, welcome to Historica for these new (old) members!

Haha, you're always welcome to visit Mitgardia :wink:

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

snip

So after lurking around here for some time now, I've decided to take the plunge and sign up. I've been wanting to get back into building some castle themed MOCs for a while now and really want to take some time to concentrate on improving my building skills... so book III seemed like a great opportunity to get involved. I'm not to sure how active I will be but I am excited to be able to participate in something lower paced where I can take my time to concentrate on quality and improvement! I've also decided to go fleshie for my minifigs, but we'll see how that works out - I deliberately chose a head that is easily replicated in yellow just in case I decide to go back.....

Anyway, I look forward to working with you guys. Cheers!

Great to have you in the North! I think you'll really enjoy the relaxed pace of the guilds :classic:
I've added Ygnvi to the members index :thumbup:
Is that a custom decal for his shield? It looks fantastic!

Great to see you in the guilds, @Ayrlego:excited: Welcome to the coolest (but not quite the most amazing) of them! :laugh: :tongue: I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Welcome new members! Good to see @Ayrlego, @(Luc)ky Luke, and @Bracari joining the guilds, even if you are going to be freezing your tails off up there in the frozen north. If you want something more temperate and pleasant, come on over to Avalonia for a while, for a nice tree-hugging vacation.

19 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Welcome new members! Good to see @Ayrlego, @(Luc)ky Luke, and @Bracari joining the guilds, even if you are going to be freezing your tails off up there in the frozen north. If you want something more temperate and pleasant, come on over to Avalonia for a while, for a nice tree-hugging vacation.

Dad HQ, can I too come over for a tree-hugging vacation, even if I'm already Avalonian?

*insert very pleading baby face*

8 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Dad HQ, can I too come over for a tree-hugging vacation, even if I'm already Avalonian?

*insert very pleading baby face*

Of course! I think you'll be enchanted by our forests, if you ever leave the eastern plains. 

Thanks all for the welcome!

On 8/15/2018 at 11:45 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Is that a custom decal for his shield? It looks fantastic!

It's from this Bricklink store. I got 2 a couple of years ago to see what the quality was like - they claim to be pad printed. Now I wish I had got more as they are indeed high quality! The store also has them with a red border.

On 8/16/2018 at 1:32 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

If you want something more temperate and pleasant, come on over to Avalonia for a while,

It was a very, very close choice!

Keep the amazing builds coming everyone! I've been working on something myself recently, though I'm not sure when I'll complete it and get it posted.
And just as a general reminder, it is nice if you post a link to each new build you make in this thread.

Like this for instance:
44047329491_19ea0e8f71_z.jpg

42141017940_ec65227929_z.jpg

28934042047_24935c71d4_z_d.jpg

43598448081_459685d1b7_b.jpg

43744274352_ba2ee8c5a5_c.jpg

42310542080_8479865fc4_z.jpg

That way it's easy for your fellow Mitgardians to see what you've built, and should help insure they don't miss your creation.
It will also make it easier for me to compile Mitgardian builds as needed :classic:

Everyone busy with entries for Challenge 1?
I've been working on a dwarven house myself:
IMG_5021.jpg

That picture is quite outdated now, but I don't want to spoil the full build :laugh: Should be posting it soon!

Looking amazing @soccerkid6 :wub: 

I wished I was building myself, as I have spend the last week washing and sorting this old bulk. Not a very pleasant job, but I wanted it done before starting properly on Book III...

43630839954_bb5d0bdd29_b.jpg

Thanks guys :classic:
@Titus: That looks like quite a job! More basic bricks are always useful though :thumbup: