I built this dump truck, because I have an excavator and the LEGO bucket wheel excavator, and I just needed a truck to have the complete construction side vehicle park. This truck has 3 axles, one in front and two rear. It has one xl motor to keep the truck going forward, one L motor to power the bed lift cylinder and a servo motor to steer. Its powered by Sbrick because it needs to have more than one speed to operate with the truck, otherwise, it would be so hard to operate the truck at small places. Here is the link for the video of it, I hope you like it. 

parameters.jpg

chassis.jpg

54 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Nice, but it looks a bit to wide ?

I think its ok, It has to be wider than a normal truck because when it has a heavy load on it it needs to be stable

58 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Very cool! Has a Renault feel about it. :thumbup:

thanks, but I think, that it looks just like any other truck :wink:

1 hour ago, sirslayer said:

I like where you placed your battery pack!!! great job 

thanks. it was very hard for me to place somewhere the battery box. This solution has just one problem, the stability, but its ok

46 minutes ago, LEGO ADAM said:

I think its ok, It has to be wider than a normal truck because when it has a heavy load on it it needs to be stable

Question is which truck was your inspiration. Look following part of post just as suggestion and not as criticism; if you represent truck that has 385/65R22.5) tire   (like Arocs usually have) which has overall diameter 1060mm, then LEGO tire you chose (62.4mm) represent model in 1:17 scale. Because usual truck width is 2500mm, than overall width should be about 18.5 studs...I did not calculate width of your model, but looking at rest axle (in comparison to set 42043) it looked to me a bit to wide. That's all.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Question is which truck was your inspiration. Look following part of post just as suggestion and not as criticism; if you represent truck that has 385/65R22.5) tire   (like Arocs usually have) which has overall diameter 1060mm, then LEGO tire you chose (62.4mm) represent model in 1:17 scale. Because usual truck width is 2500mm, than overall width should be about 18.5 studs...I did not calculate width of your model, but looking at rest axle (in comparison to set 42043) it looked to me a bit to wide. That's all.

Its true, that the truck is a bit wider than a normal one is. it was so hard to make it even this wide because I want to motorize the front axle and put 4 wheels on both rear axles. I am trying to be objective, but sometimes is hard :wink: thanks for your response

11 minutes ago, LEGO ADAM said:

Its true, that the truck is a bit wider than a normal one is. it was so hard to make it even this wide because I want to motorize the front axle and put 4 wheels on both rear axles. I am trying to be objective, but sometimes is hard :wink: thanks for your response

No problem. I know how difficult it is on my mocs...so I have ended in something called midscale (1:15)