Hi, I'm a noob here, living in Bangladesh. I've created a few versions of the monumental Bangladeshi Parliament building, designed by Louis Kahn, one of the greatest architects of the 20th Century and a master of the Brutalism style. Its walls use unusual geometric shapes that allow for a complex interplay of light inside. The artificial lake, from which the building appears to rise, was made to recall the riverine beauty of Bangladesh.

The overall building is a rough octagon, though not equilateral(!). Inside, the central structure is a regular hexakaidecagon (16 sides), which goes down to a regular octagon. Being a beginner, I just couldn't figure out how to resolve these irregularities. The solution was to leave out the base plate and roof altogether while simplifying the hexakaidecagon. Oh, well.

This MOC is about 8,000 pieces. It was a lot of fun figuring out all the internal windows, circles, and triangles. It's still an ongoing project, but has reached a pretty good stage of completion that I can show it off.

42562223705_4300f2ae8c_z.jpgJS Trophy Size South Side by J&J Lego Creations, on Flickr
The south face and main entrance. LEGO doesn't make a 4x4 Macaroni plate (only tiles and bricks) -- why not? So I'm stuck with the awkward gaps at the top of the pillars where I need them to be hollow.

42562226375_9b37f20acd_c.jpgJS Trophy Size North Side by J&J Lego Creations, on Flickr
The north (Presidential) face. Inside are stairwells framed within large circles, at oblique angles. 

43466294931_1056194fc4_c.jpgJS Trophy Size North Side Detail by J&J Lego Creations, on Flickr
Detail inside the Presidental face of the stairwells.

43061841754_ee4e3642f5_z.jpgComparison_Sangshad_inside by J&J Lego Creations, on Flickr
Comparison inside the courtyard separating the external and internal buildings. Interior window.

43466292941_27b1ef1925_c.jpgJS Trophy Size Qibla by J&J Lego Creations, on Flickr
Mosque inside the pillars, with qibla visible.

42562220715_831e9f2036_z.jpgJS Trophy Size Top by J&J Lego Creations, on Flickr
Inner (Assembly) building. The original is a hexakaidecagon resolving to an octagon. I kept it octagonal throughout. The seating for the members of parliament can be seen below.

42562218535_3ffd237ba6_z.jpgJS Trophy Size Assembly Hall by J&J Lego Creations, on Flickr
The Assembly building opens up to show the parliament seating and the Library on the bottom floor. Interior window designs can also be seen.

43418449672_0b3e95b6a0_c.jpgJS Trophy Size Library by J&J Lego Creations, on Flickr
Library with the famous central column - the only column in the whole building.

Thanks for your support! I would certainly appreciate constructive feedback from better builders than myself.

Edited by J and J LEGO Creations
Embedded photos too large.