Great reviews as always. Thx a lot. This season I had the impression your callouts disappeared very quickly. I had to go back a few seconds at the longer texts (I’m not a slow reader ...)

Well, looks like the 42082 is the replacement for the bucket wheel excavator. Can’t wait for someone to motorise the forest machine

2 hours ago, Euan2468 said:

Well, looks like the 42082 is the replacement for the bucket wheel excavator. Can’t wait for someone to motorise the forest machine

The forest harvester 42080 comes motorised for the pneumatic functions. 

It is as @Sariel said, personal preference, and even though i love 42082, an alternative point of view, logically detailed is interesting. For me, gaps and pin-holes are fine. I'd rather that than tonnes of system bricks. But again that just me.. 

Quite diverse reviews of 42082 from @Sariel and @Jim - but great to see TLG supporting freedom to review honestly. Gives the undecided valuable information. I still love 42082 though!!

Edited by TeamThrifty
saved in error

I still need to watch Sariel’s review, but I understand he is more critical. I tend to like models quite easily :laugh: 

Thanks for great reviews. Based on those reviews I bought the 42079 and 42080 and will probably get the 42082. The 42081 looks good, but there is not enough function, it needs a central gearbox. 

Thanks,

Andy D

Just watched your reviews... made me lol.  Who will not like this set? Buyers who value their money... Made me almost spit take my beer.  Thanks for the reviews. In the middle of the RTC build right now. Enjoying it, but it makes me want to MOC something better.

36 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

Just watched your reviews... made me lol.  Who will not like this set? Buyers who value their money... Made me almost spit take my beer.  Thanks for the reviews. In the middle of the RTC build right now. Enjoying it, but it makes me want to MOC something better.

That in itself is not a bad thing for a Lego set ... encouraging and inspiring people to create and build.

Isn’t the red curved 7x3x2 panel a part in a new color for this set?

I was only pretty aware since I had to use black ones in my MOC.  These are the first ones I knew to be available.

Edited by Bublehead
Grammar

16 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

Isn’t the red curved 7x3x2 panel a part in a new color for this set?

I was only pretty aware since I had to use black ones in my MOC.  These are the first ones I knew to be available.

Yes it is

3 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

thanks for the terrific reviews..they helped me decide if I really needed a new set this year!!!

What did you pick? Forklift should have been an easy choice. :wink: