Sign in to follow this  
spaceman76

Powhatten Mill

So after some time I am back with another build to my forecoming Fantasy layout. A mill, based on colors and special techniques. The wall is the basic cylinder shape with a 1x2 brick followed by a 1x1 round brick and so on every second time. The roof is way more complex and quite fragile. Each ring is a wheel part from castle sets in different diameters. As the roof gets higher, the ring gets smaller to create a cone shape. Within the link to my Flickr photostream, you can see more details on the techniques. A special thanks to Lego designer Markus Rollbuhler for letting me get a few insides on his idea of ruond roof shaping.

Lovely.  The roof and blades are particularly well done.  It would be interesting to see more of the internal structure (flickr link isn't working for me for some reason).  Nice build!

The mill looks great!  I like the look of the roof.  The flickr link does not work, however.  I get an error message about security or something.

The mill is fantastic.  I love the colors.  The blades are great.  The roof and the texturing of the wall work well together.  Now you just need some landscaping and some figs and your golden.  

10 hours ago, zoth33 said:

The mill is fantastic.  I love the colors.  The blades are great.  The roof and the texturing of the wall work well together.  Now you just need some landscaping and some figs and your golden.  

Thank you, landscaping and figs will come soon, as it is a part of a bigger display.